Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst . 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    IF that's true what you said, and I highly doubt it.he needs to be tossed like last nights game plan.
    I said he MAY, you never know. If he needs to be tossed then surely you think Napier needs to go also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Unless his name is Patrick Toney, no one on the current coaching staff would succeed Napier.
    You and I don't know that. We have some guys who have played and coached in the nfl. Anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Question for those who know more than me. When has Billy Napier been a good play caller? He got fired by Dabo after one year. He was OC for one year at Arizona State and then here. The play calling has been questionable for his entire stint here and the QB play has gotten worse. Those are supposed to be his specialties. I love him and don’t want anyone else leading the program but this is year 4.
    There should come a time when comments like “I need to coach better” “we’ll look at the tape” “we need to get better” “we have work to do” is not enough.
    I agree 100%. it's a damn shame he is sticking to a Qb who is about 4th or 5th best in conference and has regressed to a shell of his old mediocre self. Last night's performance by the coaches and LL was bad. LL especially. Ray Charles can spot open receivers better than LL.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Levi is not going to be a run first QB, you can forget that. He's good at running, but he doesn't look like he enjoys it at all, in fact his body language says he doesn't want to be hit. He's not big enough to handle that kind of contact.
    Then someone needs to sit him down & explain that this is it. There is no next level for him. IF he is going to be remembered for his greatness then he is going to put it in gear & put his foot to the floor & make defenses respect his running ability, or he will never be able to enjoy the kind of senior season he relishes. Because he not only needs to run on designed plays in the zone read. He needs to run on designed pass plays when he looks up & sees his guys bracketed. Until he does, they aren't coming out of zone & double coverages which means his guys will never get open. He is the key. There is no other top secret to this thing. Either he will commit to the run & make the defenses respect his running, or this team will not win the conference & there will never be a next level for him.

That requires coaching at its most basic level.

I wondered while watching the game last night why South was finding, and hitting receivers down the field whereas we kept throwing the passes to the flat or 5-6 yards down the field. Camera angles typically don’t show receivers farther down field; so hard to know if we have guys open. I just think we are ultra conservative in the pass game. I believe in taking care of the ball!! But there has to be some balance with taking some more shots over the top. Others have mentioned our route patters, etc. I don’t see enough of that to comment intelligently. We have momentary flashes of a passing game then poof! It’s gone.

Rob Sale might be needing a job soon

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I wondered while watching the game last night why South was finding, and hitting receivers down the field whereas we kept throwing the passes to the flat or 5-6 yards down the field. Camera angles typically don’t show receivers farther down field; so hard to know if we have guys open. I just think we are ultra conservative in the pass game. I believe in taking care of the ball!! But there has to be some balance with taking some more shots over the top. Others have mentioned our route patters, etc. I don’t see enough of that to comment intelligently. We have momentary flashes of a passing game then poof! It’s gone.
    Someone on the radio said he is too short to see the middle of the field. That was a comment by an official university person

If they're on UL game radio, they are not university employees job the University.those guys, work for Lierfield IMG

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Someone on the radio said he is too short to see the middle of the field. That was a comment by an official university person
    It is obvious that the official university person (THE COACH) which counts says otherwise.

10. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    A current coach on the staff has said Fields is the best option we have.
    A "current coach" on the staff should be sharing his opinion with the head coach, and keep his trap shut elsewhere by not spreading dissent publicly.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A "current coach" on the staff should be sharing his opinion with the head coach, and keep his trap shut elsewhere by not spreading dissent publicly.

jmo
    True dat

12. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    jmo
    Especially to this guy. When he gets it, it is surely to be posted on every message board because he has a need to show he is in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ok.id like to know the thinking behind those play calls.a why ask and answer.with something more that "I have to be a better coach" answer. Would also like to hear how 2 OC's work in a game with Napier. Answer your question?
    It does, and I think the 2nd one he might answer, but the first one he won't and should not and here is why?

"Coach, why did you call xyz play?"
    "We were facing a four man-front, seven in the box, they were slanting power side, and with a lone Safety up top, blah, blah, blah"

So now the coach is giving away his thinking of play calling for all opponents to hear, on top of what they are already gleaning from 2-3 years of video.

No upside to answering the first question.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You and I don't know that. We have some guys who have played and coached in the nfl. Anything is possible.
    You are correct, we cannot know ANYTHING. But I am willing to wager on it. It is a simple bet, if Napier leaves, and is replaced by an existing 2021 on field coach, I will pay $10,000. If he is not, I am paid $1,000.

15. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    You are correct, we cannot know ANYTHING. But I am willing to wager on it. It is a simple bet, if Napier leaves, and is replaced by an existing 2021 on field coach, I will pay $10,000. If he is not, I am paid $1,000.
    Put your money where your mouth is, JMV. Sign up or shut up.

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst . 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 . LastLast

Thread Information