Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    and another Billy Napier fashion win. I am almost used to this by now, but this one was rough. WOW! I think South Al will be a good team by the time the season is over.
    Anyone else behind Snyder that we can use?
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q.57&FORM=VDQVAP

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ok.regardless, something ain't working between our offensive coordinators and Napier making a play call.
    Napier makes the play calls with zero input from the OC's. They have the title only.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    and another Billy Napier fashion win. I am almost used to this by now, but this one was rough. WOW! I think South Al will be a good team by the time the season is over.
    Anyone else behind Snyder that we can use?
    South Al has at least 3, possibly 4 losses left on their schedule: App, Coastal, Tennessee and possibly Georgia Southern.

They should finish 2nd in the West and be bowl eligible, but they won't beat anyone who is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He needs to let Mike call the plays.
    People, Napier is 20-5 calling plays in the last 2.5 seasons, and we want to make a change to someone who has NEVER called plays in college, especially at a D1 level (mid-season) because we are concerned about what MIGHT happen in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    People, Napier is 20-5 calling plays in the last 2.5 seasons, and we want to make a change to someone who has NEVER called plays in college, especially at a D1 level (mid-season) because we are concerned about what MIGHT happen in the future?
    Nick Sabin had won 4 nattys at Alabama and changed his offense because it wasn't effective enough to win another one. We are just asking Napier to take a long look at what has been effective for us and what hasn't, and make adjustments accordingly.

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Nick Sabin had won 4 nattys at Alabama and changed his offense because it wasn't effective enough to win another one. We are just asking Napier to take a long look at what has been effective for us and what hasn't, and make adjustments accordingly.
    Any good coach should always be looking to be proactive - winning or not.

There is always something that can be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    ____ty QBs are bad for my health. I would rather have Brooks Haack than what we have back there now
    I think northwestern state would have been happy to give him back.

That 1-10 team they had in 2016 was right in the verge of breaking out.

True, but that is not what some are suggesting.

Show me where Saban made coaching responsibility changes mid-season after starting 4-1 or 5-0?

I’m all for tweaks during the season to improve, but what some people are suggesting is full blown massive surgery.

Anyone who doesn’t think changing playcallers during the season as a massive change is not intellectually honest.

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

. . .

Anyone who doesn’t think changing playcallers during the season as a massive change is not intellectually honest.
    Do you watch this board on game day and really expect intellectual honesty?

True, but that is not what some are suggesting.

Show me where Saban made coaching responsibility changes mid-season after starting 4-1 or 5-0?

I’m all for tweaks during the season to improve, but what some people are suggesting is full blown massive surgery.

I don't care if Napier continues calling plays; he just needs to acknowledge that if we are going to live or die behind Levi Lewis, we have to be run first and we have to allow [or make] Levi play to his strength, which is running the ball. If we had not thrown a single pass last night, we would still have won, and probably by a larger margin.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Do you watch this board on game day and really expect intellectual honesty?
    Excellent point. The people who blindly support Lewis as QB refuse to acknowledge his limitations, even though they are glaringly obvious. The haters refuse to acknowledge his strengths, though those are also obvious. The same can be said about Napier's in game coaching.

12. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Excellent point. The people who blindly support Lewis as QB refuse to acknowledge his limitations, even though they are glaringly obvious. The haters refuse to acknowledge his strengths, though those are also obvious. The same can be said about Napier's in game coaching.
    Yes, this is pretty close, however the Superman modicum has really been placed upon Levi by the Levi hatters as opposed to the Levi supporters. The hate is so big on the other side there is really no room here for the supporters to need to pile on any further. It takes all the Levi supporters have just to bring the pile on from a mountain to a fair hill.

I think two things can be true simultaneously. Coach Napier is 20-5 as you mentioned in the SBC. It is also true that Coach Napier seems to stick with his play calling sheet, regardless of the success certain plays and formations. To me he continues to go with what has been successful and proven. At the same time, the conference and defensive coordinators are catching up with his schemes and tendencies. I also continue to believe, and I didn't come to this conclusion by myself, is he misses Rob Sale more than any other coach that has recently left his staff. They had a unique relationship as OC and Assistant HC.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I would also have those stats if I took every single snap.
    I tend to doubt that. In fact I think everyone who participates on this board would be in the hospital if they took more than a couple of snaps at QB in a college game.

100% agree. I know my personality in all things, not just Cajuns sports, is my cup is 1/2 full.

My honest assessment of Levi Lewis, as a QB, not a person, is as follows:

1. He is a winner, the numbers is HS and college prove that.
    2. He wins UGLY. He wins by leadership, opportunistic runs and not turning the ball over.
    3. His passing (for today's game) is average to below-average. He is not an instinctual passer.
    4. He is not a free-lancer, so I truly believe he is following the game plan, as laid out.

What none of us can know (I don't care how plugged in one thinks they are to the locker room) is what level of belief/confidence his teammates have in him versus Fields or Woodridge? Along with what Napier sees in practice, sees in the games, has to be a very important part of any decision to make a change at QB.

I believe LL is still the best option at QB because Napier does and he gets wins. Is it difficult to watch the wins, without a doubt.

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread Information