Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Billy isn’t brain dead. He works with what he has.
    Explain it to me. 4Q with a lead. Passing game has put up less than 60 yards. Bad conditions. Running the ball for 6.8 per carry. 3 straight passing plays. Seems to me he’s working against what he has for what he thinks our offense should be.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Rushing
    Cajuns - 225
    Jags - 144

Passing
    Jags - 243
    Cajuns - 58

Total Yards
    Jags - 387
    Cajuns - 283

Time of Possession
    Jags - 36:47
    Cajuns - 23:13

2-10 on 3rd downs.
    Of the stats there you listed, last one is the most concerning, as it's been consistently like this so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    How? Explain it to me. 225 yards on the ground. 6.8 per carry. Late game situation with a lead and bad field conditions. 3 straight passing plays with a passing game that can’t put up 60 yards.
    Terrible coaching. Gashing them with the run all night, but let's put the game in Levi's tiny, wet hands. Unbelievable.

i agree with you. Why would you throw three straight times when you have been running the ball so effectively. Especially in the rain. But i fear we have a bigger problem and that is our kicker. We left seven points on the table last night. If we do that against App, Liberty and CC we will lose all three games.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Billy isn’t brain dead. He works with what he has.
    He has 8 QBs on the roster. If LL is truly our best, Billy needs to be fired. These are his guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    He has 8 QBs on the roster. If LL is truly our best, Billy needs to be fired. These are his guys.
    Napier is loyal to a fault.

Guys, we're 4-1 and undefeated in Sunbelt play and ya'll are asking for blood? What is this, Baton Rouge? C'mon, we are better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Napier is loyal to a fault.
    So was Robe. I will take those type of men leading our programs 100% of the time. Some could say Napier’s loyalty to a fault has kept him at Louisiana, versus other job openings.

We are 4-1 and 2-0 in conference in spite of what people are “complaining” about. They are troubling trends and getting worse. So it’s fair for people to be happy to escape with a win and also question the things that caused this game(and previous games) to be so close.

Napier reminds me a lot of Sean Payton. The smartest guy in the room, constantly trying to prove it and it shows itself in some ugly ways on the football field. Constantly trying to outsmart ourselves when you just need to keep it simple.

How you didn’t just run the ball in the second half is mind boggling. It seems like the easiest decision in the world.

Totally happy we won, but my goodness we have a reckoning coming up on 10/12. We’ve been susceptible to just a basic QB to 1 receiver combo. Happened with Nicholls and again last night with Bentley to Tolbert. App has a lot more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Guys, we're 4-1 and undefeated in Sunbelt play and ya'll are asking for blood? What is this, Baton Rouge? C'mon, we are better than that.
    We could just as easily be 1-4 right now. There’s only been 1 game this season where we’ve seen us completely dominate a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Terrible coaching. Gashing them with the run all night, but let's put the game in Levi's tiny, wet hands. Unbelievable.
    This is where we're missing Rob Sale.5 games into it, maybe it's time to shake up the 2 coaches in press box, who don't call plays, but certainly are suggesting to Napier something before he calls that play in. Co-Offensive coordinators isn't working out.

It’s time someone says it.

LL is a tough football player. He is a magician at avoiding tacklers. He can throw a mean deep ball. Also, we have a stable of excellent RBs, and a salty OL.

It’s time to resurrect the Mighty Ragin Cajun Steamrolling Zone Option Freakshow.

Remember Desmo and Co. lighting up the scoreboard and puting up sick yardage totals?

We would be unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    That's a USL mindset

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    We could just as easily be 1-4 right now. There’s only been 1 game this season where we’ve seen us completely dominate a team.
    We could be but we aren’t. As I said last week, the same was said about last season’s start. Am I happy about the way we are playing now, No. However, people suggesting Napier give up play calling or even worse being fired is LSU-level over reaction.

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 . LastLast

Thread Information