Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Men’s Basketball 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    For all the people saying Marlin is just trying to schedule easy games, this is probably the toughest OOC schedule we’ve ever had.

It’s just crappy that none of the good games are at home.

I say it every year. We are victims of our location. We aren’t in a good basketball region so unless we’re willing to pay to get quality mid-major teams to come here, we don’t have many options.
    How many excuses will Marlin get?

This schedule is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    How many excuses will Marlin get?

This schedule is garbage.
    Will not see me or Vob in the stands.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

For all the people saying Marlin is just trying to schedule easy games, this is probably the toughest OOC schedule we’ve ever had.

I say it every year. We are victims of our location. We aren’t in a good basketball region so unless we’re willing to pay to get quality mid-major teams to come here, we don’t have many options.
    Yeah it's a shame all those teams driving through and flying over Lafayette for away games can't find a way to do a stopover game at Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    The toughest ooc we’ve ever had? LOL
    We’re playing 4 teams that finished in the top 100 in the NCAA net rankings. I could be wrong, but I think it has been quite a while since we’ve done that.

5 Houston
    67 Indiana
    71 La Tech
    89 Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We’ll be there for every home game and maybe a few on the road. We’re Cajun basketball fans.

We have 100 decent basketball teams in a 6 hour range.. but we get 2 southland teams a swac team and 3 non D1 teams ...OK

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We can all agree Marlin isn't the guy but, this will be our most talented team we have ever had. Should go make a couple games.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    We have 100 decent basketball teams in a 6 hour range.. but we get 2 southland teams a swac team and 3 non D1 teams ...OK
    Ok, here’s a map of all the D1 basketball programs: https://i1.wp.com/richardkeroack.com...ools.png?ssl=1 Please list the ones around us that you think are quality programs that we should be playing.

Just remember, P5 and AAC schools won’t schedule home and homes (or even 2 for 1’s) with us, and we already have home and homes scheduled with LaTech and USM.

Who else is left besides Southland and SWAC schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yeah it's a shame all those teams driving through and flying over Lafayette for away games can't find a way to do a stopover game at Louisiana.
    Like schools that travel to LSU?

LSU’s non conference schedule is ULM, Tx State, McNeese, Liberty, and Belmont.

Do we really want to pay Liberty and Belmont to come play at our gym? Would that really move the needle for us?

10. Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

Ok, here’s a map of all the D1 basketball programs: https://i1.wp.com/richardkeroack.com...ools.png?ssl=1 Please list the ones around us that you think are quality programs that we should be playing.

Just remember, P5 and AAC schools won’t schedule home and homes (or even 2 for 1’s) with us, and we already have home and homes scheduled with LaTech and USM.

Who else is left besides Southland and SWAC schools?
    Ever hear of the word hyperbole?

Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Releases 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I just don't understand why I keep renewing my tickets with this type of home schedule
    Because I care, I will not be renewing season tickets this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Ever hear of the word hyperbole?
    Yeah, and I'm not a fan of hyperbole. It allows people to skirt honesty and truth.

In this case, one can use hyperbole and say there's 100 good programs around us, but the truth isn't remotely close to that. On any given year, there might be 2-3 mid-major programs within 6 hours of us that regularly crack the top 100 RPI. And one of those is us.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    We can all agree Marlin isn't the guy but, this will be our most talented team we have ever had. Should go make a couple games.
    I agree, crazy to think that we lost 2 guys that will probably start for Ohio State and Texas Tech this year and overall talent increased. Part of that too is the fact that there were 3 scholarship players out the entirety of last season (by the time Julien came back Au was done).

One other thing that I’m not sure has been posted here is Jordan Brown and Antwann Jones have been given a waiver to play immediately. What was in question there was they each transferred for a 2nd time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The history of our Softball program is an excellent case study. I don’t think Evette, Stephanie or Mike were scared either and the 4 of them have made softball one of the most storied sports programs in Louisiana history.
    If you don't schedule better how will your team get better?
    Kudos to WKU. They put forth the effort in their scheduling and made it work for them this year; a little work but they ain't scared!

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    If you don't schedule better how will your team get better?
    Kudos to WKU. They put forth the effort in their scheduling and made it work for them this year; a little work but they ain't scared!
    WKU being in a state where for every program Basketball has precedence over football does give them an advantage in scheduling.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information