Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Men’s Basketball 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Releases 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    But does the university care that they put out this hot garbage home schedule? If we lose one non con home game we will be a joke….Also you mean to tell me we can’t even schedule some teams from G5 conferences to come to the dome? This is probably the worst home schedule I have witnessed… time for the AD to accept and do 2 for 1.
    What are you talking about we have McNeese and UNO coming to the dome...do you know how excited the 25 season ticket holders are for that

I get the disappointment in the lackluster schedule, but does it really matter when the only way you get into the ncaa postseason tournament, is by winning your conference tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by STPacronym View Post
    I get the disappointment in the lackluster schedule, but does it really matter when the only way you get into the ncaa postseason tournament, is by winning your conference tournament?
    Yes it matters. When you’re trying to get people to invest in your program financially, this type of schedule is embarrassing. The 3 games in March mentality is a cop out. Schedule better, win games, and force your way into the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Yes it matters. When you’re trying to get people to invest in your program financially, this type of schedule is embarrassing. The 3 games in March mentality is a cop out. Schedule better, win games, and force your way into the tournament.
    Agree…completely embarrassing.

Seems to me like Marlin knows that he is on the way out and is “mailing it in” at this point.

Default Re: Men's BB Schedule....

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Agree that the home portion is disappointing but take a look at the other Sun Belt teams who have released theirs, this could actually be the strongest. Good news is at least this means next year should be both LA Tech and Southern Miss at home. Not sure if the trip to Houston is a money game or part of a home and home.
    Houston is a pay day game. You are correct in that La Tech and USM will come to Lafayette next season. UNO and McNeese will be road trips as those games are part of previous contracts. McNeese changed their tune about playing the Cajuns after they camped at our place last season following the storms. One game not shown on the schedule is a planned exhibition at Alabama in late October. This is in place of a normal secret scrimmage which many teams use to prepare for the year. This one can be publicized because funds raised are going to charity. Some coaches believe the Tide will be the best team we play all season, despite the fact the result will not count. I heard about that in August and presume it will still occur. LSU is going to Nicholls in the same arrangement with those funds going to Hurricane relief. The Jackson State game is part of the MTE where we go to Indiana and Marshall. The MTE chose Jackson State to be part of this affair after originally scheduling Yale to come here. After Yale backed out, they had to find a replacement. Really surprised the schedule has only 29 games. When you are in an MTE, you usually can play 31.

Default Re: Basketball schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    The away out of conference looks nice. Home looks like utter dog crap

Best home non-conference game is mcneese or Jackson state. Lmfaooo
    Jackson State may be the best team we play at home as they were strong in the SWAC last year. UNO finished strong last season after a slow start. Not sure what they have returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Jackson State may be the best team we play at home as they were strong in the SWAC last year. UNO finished strong last season after a slow start. Not sure what they have returning.
    “Strong SWAC” team is the best OOC home game this program can schedule?

What is really going on here?!?

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    “Strong SWAC” team is the best OOC home game this program can schedule?

What is really going on here?!?
    2 year Retirement plan for our coach

9. Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Releases 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

Jackson State seems to be all over the place these days.

On Saturday at 11:00 they will be participating in an 18 inning baseball scrimmage against Belhaven.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Jackson State seems to be all over the place these days.

On Saturday at 11:00 they will be participating in an 18 inning baseball scrimmage against Belhaven.
    This is the type competition the Louisiana Basketball Program associates itself with as best OOC teams to schedule at The Dome.

But, winning percentage will be up for the Big Fish…hopefully.

So here is the breakdown of non conference home games for other Sunbelt schools that have released their schedules (Coastal and South AL have not).

Georgia St- 5 games, 3 against non D-1, hosting Northeastern and Tennessee St.

Georgia Southern- 4 Games, 3 against non D-1, hosting Ball St.

UTA- 5 games, 2 against non D-1, hosting Abilene Christian, Nevada, and Lamar.

Texas St- 5 games, 3 against non D-1, hosting Denver and Lamar.

Troy- 6 games, 3 against non D-1, hosting Jacksonville St., Southeastern LA, and Alabama A&M.

App St.- 6 games, 3 against non D1, hosting ETSU, Charlotte, and Hartford.

ULM- 5 games, 3 against non D1, hosting Northwestern St and Southern Miss.

Ark St- 8 games, 4 against non D1, hosting Central Arkansas, Air Force, and an MTE at home where they play Morehead St. and Kansas City.

Little Rock- 6 games, 3 against non D1, hosting Southern Illinois, Missouri St, and Jacksonville St.

I could care less about any other schools schedule. The Cajuns schedule is bad and until they get rid of Bob I will not attend anymore games. After 40 years I let my tickets go.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Hey, maybe JS might bring Deon with them for the basketball game.
    Deion

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I have seen at least 1 projection with UNO as #1 in the Southland. Of course that is a very depleted league.

Default Re: Men's BB Schedule....

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Home schedule seems to keep going downhill each year. What's the excuse this year?
    Teams are scared to play us. We have the best gym?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information