Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Foote: UL's Issues on Third Down may be more alarming than you think

1. Default Re: Foote: UL’s Issues on Third Down may be more alarming than you think

I think the problem on 3rd down comes down to a lack of trust in the offensive line.

Justified or not, accurate or not, one thing is true. With each passing day, the offensive line is getting further and further away from the D.J. Looney effect.

Default Re: Foote: UL’s Issues on Third Down may be more alarming than you think

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think the problem on 3rd down comes down to a lack of trust in the offensive line.

Justified or not, accurate or not, one thing is true. With each passing day, the offensive line is getting further and further away from the D.J. Looney effect.
    That is definitely something to consider.

Default Re: Foote: UL’s Issues on Third Down may be more alarming than you think

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Im not real sure this offensive line will be good enough as banged up as it is. That will in turn put more pressure on the entire offense to move the ball. I kinda think it will be up to QB1 to pass the ball a little more affectively and shoulder a little more burden to open up the run game. In the modern day offense we should be able to scheme our way to a better run game. To me, and im no coach, it seems to be much easier to block guys in space and let the backs use their vision rather than trying to up the middle

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Actually I think it's a more than a little alarming. But the article simply documents it. Thus one of the most glaring reasons we had to come from behind in 6 games last season to win.

With 20 returning starters, a full spring and in person summer sessions, it's extremely concerning at this point that the trend continues.
    This
    100%
    No reason why a team with 20 returning starters should be playing this way.
    I watch CCU and am envious at the caliber of football THEY are playing

EDIT:
    There ARE a few reasons - just no legitimate reasons

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information