Default Re: We Need a Mascot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Full of drugs
    What kind?

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    What kind?
    Has to be those green edibles. Poo-yee.

How about we add a fishing pier to that swamp and let the kids that normally roll down the hill fish during the games. We can sell tailgating suites on the north endzone and let the kids bring their catch back to their daddys to cook up.

How about we add a fishing pier to that swamp and let the kids that normally roll down the hill fish during the games. We can sell tailgating suites on the north endzone and let the kids bring their catch back to their daddys to cook up.
    Now we talking.

LOL!! Lawdhamercy

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Gotta be careful her nickname doesn’t turn into “easy-Ana” LOL
    I knew her in college.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yep. I’m still in the gator-camp. Too bad if another school also has it, we have a legitimate claim to it, so I say go for it.

We need two humans in a gator costume at the games. One called ‘Louie’ and the other called ‘Anna.’ We could also do live cams on the big screen during the game showing the real gators in cypress lake.

Something like this, but dressed in UL gear, of course…with their names across their chests:
    I've been a long time advocate of the red gator and Louie and Ana mascots. Glad to see this topic revived. Time to make it happen. Can't you just hear a gator growl every first down or TD. How do we make this happen?

7. Default Re: We Need a Mascot!!

Since we all are throwing ideas.I always thought a Rougaroux would be awesome and unique. But, if we wanted it to be more level, I'd be all in for a red gator.

Default Re: 2016: LA the new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

My avator
    That was our BEST mascot ever!

Default Re: 2016: LA the new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I always like the Chicken!! Bring back the Chicken!!
    Chicken! Chicken! Chicken!

Actually, he wasn't much of a "mascot" but I'd sure like to go back in time to watch him in action. Another chicken probably wouldn't be the same.

Funny story though, my son (now 28) was absolutely terrified of the chicken when he was little. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has nightmares about him to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Why not bring back Cayenne?
    Speaking of being on drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    Since we all are throwing ideas.I always thought a Rougaroux would be awesome and unique. But, if we wanted it to be more level, I'd be all in for a red gator.
    I really like that too, but from a marketing angle I think it would be a hard sell: very hard for non-cajuns to understand, and very scary to the young-uns. I mean we want to entertain them not create more work for mental health therapists, lol.

Let me just say that before any decision would be made on a new mascot, I would make sure the Catahoula gets a fair shot.

Now, you poor, misguided, Florida Gator loving people may continue with your silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Let me just say that before any decision would be made on a new mascot, I would make sure the Catahoula gets a fair shot.

Now, you poor, misguided, Florida Gator loving people may continue with your silliness.
    I got no problem with the Catahoula.

Yea, I'm all in on a vermilion & blanc catahoula mascot. Kinda ties into our old mascot as well.

15. Default Re: We Need a Mascot!!

I want to own a Catahoula of some kind, when I can afford the time.

They aren't fragile like Tech's dog, but they do require a 24/7 handler or freedom to roam that can provide constant stimulus. To deny them is a cruelty to their nature.

I don't think any University can afford a Catahoula.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information