Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst . 28 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: FB Final:Louisiana 28, Georgia Southern 20

Default Re: FB Final:Louisiana 28, Georgia Southern 20

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    You need some coach speak. “One game at a time”. Stop worrying about app right now, try to enjoy the win. It must suck watching us winning and all you can think is how apps going to beat us.

Last year we needed a 53 yarder to survive Georgia southern at home. Then we dominated app. Should have won by 20 if not for the snapping issues. Every game is different. I’m sure Napier will have a different game plan for app and hopefully the plan offensively is better than yesterday’s.
    Sure, I’ll be happy with the majority of the team grading out around 75. Yeah we got a W, big deal. We can sleep walk to 8 wins. We are THE most talented 2 deep team in the SBC.

It’s time we play like it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Sure, I’ll be happy with the majority of the team grading out around 75. Yeah we got a W, big deal. We can sleep walk to 8 wins. We are THE most talented 2 deep team in the SBC.

It’s time we play like it.
    So you’re not enjoying the win your telling me.

We have the worst 3rd down conversion rate in the country. If we could ever get that fixed we would be scary good. But, we haven’t so we don’t even come close to playing up to our potential.

3rd Down Conversions
    Texas: 4 of 13
    Nicholls: 5 of 14
    Ohio: 6 of 12
    GaSo: 3 of 14

That is putrid.

A QB who can take over a game and be great, doesn’t lead an offense like this.
    Don’t disagree with this, though I also wonder if we will see 3rd down conversation rate improve once our O-Line is able to solidify a bit better and be more consistent. I think then you’ll have more 3rd & 1, 3rd & 2, with less 3rd & 6+.

For all the progress we’ve made over the years, we still have yet to win an outright conference championship, so I understand the frustrations and anxiousness to strike while the stars appear aligned and get it done. Sort of like that ‘94 49ers team after they got busted up by Dallas in ‘92 and ‘93.

We seem to be so damn close but just haven’t been able to get it done yet. I think Coach Napier, Levi and the other players are feeling that pressure/urgency too.

We have yet to truly put together a complete game. We’ll need put it all together in two weeks.

I think we have a majority of posters who are happy with just winning. So being critical of the team when we win is considered “hating” because we got a W, how could we complain.

Then, you have the guys who look at this team as a SBC Championship level team. We ain’t even close to that. A lot of that falls on the play of LL. This group looks at the season with 2 things in mind. Beating Appalachian St on Oct 12th and beating them again in the SBC title game, AT CAJUN FIELD.

The way we have been playing, we will win 8 games and get our rear’s handed to us twice by App St. and drop a game to a team we are better than.
    I’ll agree with much of what you just said. Feel like I fall somewhere in the middle of your take. I’m glad we are winning w/o question. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t frustrating at times! And any fan who is emotionally connected to their team is going to react to those frustrations. It’s easy to criticize Levi. Darn near every offensive snap goes through his hands, so more opportunities to critique him. No other player has that type of scrutiny. Not even close! So if he makes what I or any other FAN sees as a boneheaded mistake we are going to react accordingly. Flip side … wife and I were in Austin yesterday for Longhorns game. Good, bad, or indifferent, it didn’t bother me one bit! Only time my pulse was different was walking up the long azz ramps and the 2 mile walk from parking! Heaven forbid we have that problem at CF. We’d lose over half our fan base. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    So you’re not enjoying the win your telling me.
    Not really. I don’t go into games as a fan hoping we win. We are past that as a program. Like I said we can sleep walk through 8 games and win.

I am fricken tired of “playing down” to our opponents. Which we have done in 2 games this season. Championship teams play up to their ability. We haven’t done that. We didn’t do that against Ohio either, they are just really really bad.

This season is about 4 games.

Texas=L
    Appalachian St
    Appalachian St or Coastal.
    Bowl game.

Every other game we should win. Even playing like we have so far this season.

How many teams on this schedule can beat the Cajuns if we execute and play to our ability?

Not really. I don’t go into games as a fan hoping we win. We are past that as a program. Like I said we can sleep walk through 8 games and win.

I am fricken tired of “playing down” to our opponents. Which we have done in 2 games this season. Championship teams play up to their ability. We haven’t done that. We didn’t do that against Ohio either, they are just really really bad.

Texas=L
    Appalachian St
    Bowl game.

How many teams on this schedule can beat the Cajuns if we execute and play to our ability?
    You can look at hundreds of scores already this season. Talent doesn’t give you 8 wins. There are 0 easy wins on the schedule. P5 losing to fcs teams. Even the number of close games that you wouldn’t think would be. I Don’t take wins for granted. Especially considering how few we used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Only if you know what your're talking about.and you don't
    You are probably right I just started watching football this year. I Never strapped on pads before. I sure hope with can score a homerun next week!

I would think a team that consistently wins games when not always playing their best should be considered a pretty good team don’t y’all think?

It’s definitely frustrating sometimes. There are high expectations regarding winning an outright championship finally, but I also remember where we came from and the ashes we rose out of. Food for thought: we finally have more overall wins than losses since 1971 and have crossed the .500 threshold. I’m smiling at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I would think a team that consistently wins games when not always playing their best should be considered a pretty good team don’t y’all think?
    We are definitely a good team. We are playing poorly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    You are probably right I just started watching football this year. I Never strapped on pads before. I sure hope with can score a homerun next week!
    Classic lol

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    It’s definitely frustrating sometimes. There are high expectations regarding winning an outright championship finally, but I also remember where we came from and the ashes we rose out of. Food for thought: we finally, overall, have more wins than losses since 1971 and have crossed the .500 threshold. I’m smiling at the end of the day.
    I’m extremely happy about that too. When I was a part of the program we didn’t have as many wins as Levi has losses. We were terrible.

But this is a completely different era of Cajun athletics.

I’m extremely happy about that too. When I was a part of the program we didn’t have as many wins as Levi has losses. We were terrible.

But this is a completely different era of Cajun athletics.
    Thats the $2 million difference

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Thats the $2 million difference
    I have no doubt that the good things coming to UL athletics have not yet run out. I doubt they will moving forward as long as we keep a solid admin in tact. Love being a ragin Cajun!

Texas=L
    Appalachian St
    Bowl game.

I know it’s not conference but don’t forget @Liberty

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst . 28 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread Information