Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final:Louisiana 28, Georgia Southern 20

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

I’m watching as many late night games as possible. We’d beat a ton of these west coast teams.

Don’t get me wrong. We’re terrible. But man is it fun to speculate after a win����.

Is this right? After the first quarter, GSOUTHERN converted 1 third down?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Can any one of you folks that interview billy this week please ask him why in the hell do you not qb sneak on 4th and 2 inches… please ask him what the hell was he thinking!
    Stupid money don’t make money, either.

Default Re: FB Final:Louisiana 28, Georgia Southern 20

We are 3-1 1-0. Also 3-0 in statesboro. It’s like we forget sometimes the other teams trying too. We dominated at statesboro 2 years ago and won by 13. Conference road wins are all good. Ask Troy!!! Wow

There were some goofy play calls. OL hasn’t been good enough. Tackling needs to improve.

The 4th and inch call didn’t really bother me, but tell your freshman back not to take 2 steps right to start the play. He should have been moving north as the snap was coming to him. 180lb Levi over the 285lb center should work but then you have to hope for the spot.

Minnesota lost to bowling green!!

It was a frustrating game to watch but I’ll never complain about a win especially on the road. You can see how good this team can be in spurts but then we have the lulls where it’s just like wtf are we doing?! Anyway congrats on the road win boys. Let’s do it again next weekend in mobile!

I don’t mind the shotgun on 4th down as w never go under center. Too many chances of a muffed snap.
    What I do mind is putting a guy in motion and snapping the ball while he is in the back field. It brings another defender in the box, causes a delay for our rb and anothe obstacle he has on his way to the inch he needed.

Just watched replay. If lumpkin gets any kind of block on #5 it’s a first down.

Got us a win last night. Levi had a good passing game to offset the inconsistent running game. Team still needs to get better. Glad we have South AL for more adjustments before the Tuesday night game at Cajun Field vs. App.

Meanwhile, some of you (certainly not all) seem to do nothing but _____. That's got to be a horrible way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Got us a win last night. Levi had a good passing game to offset the inconsistent running game. Team still needs to get better. Glad we have South AL for more adjustments before the Tuesday night game at Cajun Field vs. App.

Meanwhile, some of you (certainly not all) seem to do nothing but _____. That's got to be a horrible way to live.
    Haha. That’s why I’ve learned to avoid the threads during the game. Then I read the game thread in the restroom the following morning. It’s mostly pathetic elitist sounding fans who can’t enjoy the game itself or winning.

This team is wildly inconsistent look like world beaters in the 3rd. Flip to the 4th and it’s like we forgot how to football. 5 total yards of offense and defense can't tackle to save their life or set the edge. With such an experienced team it's very concerning.

This team is a GOOD team because they know how to win close games…. Good teams close out games and we do a pretty good job of that under Billy. We have a lot to improve on, but our passing game tonight is what it should be every week on average…. Levi played very well and was the major reason we won tonight….Georgia Southern is going to be a bowl team this year if they figure out how to use their QB…. We won against a solid club tonight…Defense played really well 2 weeks in a row and they have steadily improved the last 2 weeks… let’s put it all together at south Al! Geaux Cajuns!

1. Intermediate pass game has to get better to open up running lanes
    2. Bailey and Johnson are the top backs. Smith just hasn’t looked sharp.
    3. DLine was the savior last night.
    4. Have to do a better job of containing on the backside cutbacks.
    5. Tackling must improve.

In spite of getting out gained, the defense was a difference maker. Really impressed that they got a ton of big stops exactly when they needed them. Outside of that big run by Green, they were in control just about every possession outside of the 1st one for Georgia Southern when they converted 5 3rd downs, I think!

Levi and the offense took advantage of the miss matches in the secondary. That was refreshing to see.

The O line was great in pass protection but still is it frustrating not to be able to run up the middle. Last year’s team seals that game in the 3rd just because they can run to pick up 1st downs.

We don’t turn the ball over and who doesn’t love that?

…then there’s our 3rd down offense. Levi threw for a long conversion in the first drive of the game. Then, we went 2-13. That’s terrible. You see that stat and wonder how we won the game.

Love a road win. Regardless of how they did it, 3-1 is pretty much where most expected this team to be. Tons to build on leading up to Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Play calling is terrible…. Our talent won this game…run blocking was not good….Chris smith is fast but he is not our lead back, Bailey should be….we got talent but it has not all come together yet…. South al is going to be a war if we can’t run the ball….if we are able to run the ball against south al next week it won’t be close…. I have a feeling it will be another nail biter! A win on the road at one of the toughest places to play is a good win and I’ll take it! Geaux cajuns
    Smith should be used more as a change of pace back. I don't think he has enough wiggle to be a lead back.

Edit: I have to give Levi Lewis credit he had a good game last night. He's three td passes away from tying Delhomme's career record (64) and he's only thrown 15 ints to Jake's 57. He's also 1 td away from breaking the combined passing and rushing td record. As much as some of his plays can be head-scratching I have to admit he's statistically the best qb we've ever had.

I was completely wrong about smith being our best RB. He needs the touches cause he can break one every time he touches the ball. Just wish they’d use him more in space. Get him out there in some two back sets with either MJ or Bailey to really put the pressure on the D

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . LastLast

Thread Information