Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: FB Final:Louisiana 28, Georgia Southern 20

Default Re: FB Final:Louisiana 28, Georgia Southern 20

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    What's your expectations for the season 1. Win a conference championship and push for a NY6 2. Get bowl eligible and do the chicken dance outside of the Nola bowl .

A wins a win but you won't win a championship playing like we did last night. We have glaring issues and it's OK to call them out.
    Correct. But you’re always harping on Levi. He’s not even close to the problem.

Run blocking
    Dropped passes
    Play calling
    Tackling

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post

Run blocking
    Dropped passes
    Play calling
    Tackling
    I called out his good players and was critical of the defense and play calling. Why calling out how many games a QB is ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Only if you know what your're talking about...and you don't..
    Scott was a 3 time letterman in high school as an offensive lineman and was recruited by some decent FBS schools.

Don’t underestimate his knowledge of the game.

Run blocking
    Dropped passes
    Play calling
    Tackling
    We can execute flawlessly in every facet of the game against App St and if Levi doesn’t make the routine throws look easy we will lose.

Yesterday’s first series on offense was the worst I’ve seen Levi play. Ever. He had a pretty good game. He made some tremendous throws, all downfield near the hash marks, which is his strengths in the passing game.

Pauley and dropsy Leblance did him zero favors. He made another terrible throw that was a drop, but was a difficult ball to catch.

He’s is a good QB, he will hold all the Cajuns records, but I’m not sure we win a SBC Championship with him at QB. I really hope
    I’m wrong, I want to be wrong because it would be huge for LL and this program. I just don’t think I am.

I called out his good players and was critical of the defense and play calling. Why calling out how many games a QB is ignorant
    I can’t even understand this. Is this boomerism. It’s not English.

There's lots for this Cajuns team, players and coaches alike, to improve on.

I'm also going to enjoy the fact we are currently 3-1 and 1-0 in conference play because I'm still of the opinion that if Levi can play mistake free and our LBs help back up our DL, we have a very legit shot to beat App St. on October 12.

Just my unprofessional opinion. I have been wrong almost a handful of times in my life, so it's possible I'm wrong here too.

What's your expectations for the season 1. Win a conference championship and push for a NY6 2. Get bowl eligible and do the chicken dance outside of the Nola bowl .

A wins a win but you won't win a championship playing like we did last night. We have glaring issues and it's OK to call them out.
    Outright SBC Conference Championship which we have never done yet here is for sure within reach!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We can execute flawlessly in every facet of the game against App St and if Levi doesn’t make the routine throws look easy we will lose.

Yesterday’s first series on offense was the worst I’ve seen Levi play. Ever. He had a pretty good game. He made some tremendous throws, all downfield near the hash marks, which is his strengths in the passing game.

Pauley and dropsy Leblance did him zero favors. He made another terrible throw that was a drop, but was a difficult ball to catch.

He’s is a good QB, he will hold all the Cajuns records, but I’m not sure we win a SBC Championship with him at QB. I really hope
    I’m wrong, I want to be wrong because it would be huge for LL and this program. I just don’t think I am.
    If we don’t win the championship there’s a really good chance it won’t be Levi’s fault. There’s a even better chance you and others will blame it on him.

I pretty much agree with all of this. We'll need not only turnover-free Levi, but we'll need Levi that made a couple big throws with his arm last night and a couple big plays with his legs like the bowl game two seasons ago.

App State QB, however, will also need to make the big play a couple times. I think it's going to be a hard-fought game between two well coached teams, the athletes, especially the QBs, will need to make some big plays that they don't always make in order to be the difference. Hopefully Levi can do it for us, while our defense hopefully keeps their guy from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    There's lots for this Cajuns team, players and coaches alike, to improve on.

I'm also going to enjoy the fact we are currently 3-1 and 1-0 in conference play because I'm still of the opinion that if Levi can play mistake free and our LBs help back up our DL, we have a very legit shot to beat App St. on October 12.

Just my unprofessional opinion. I have been wrong almost a handful of times in my life, so it's possible I'm wrong here too.
    I think we have a majority of posters who are happy with just winning. So being critical of the team when we win is considered “hating” because we got a W, how could we complain.

Then, you have the guys who look at this team as a SBC Championship level team. We ain’t even close to that. A lot of that falls on the play of LL. This group looks at the season with 2 things in mind. Beating Appalachian St on Oct 12th and beating them again in the SBC title game, AT CAJUN FIELD.

The way we have been playing, we will win 8 games and get our rear’s handed to us twice by App St. and drop a game to a team we are better than.

If we don’t win the championship there’s a really good chance it won’t be Levi’s fault. There’s a even better chance you and others will blame it on him.

We have the worst 3rd down conversion rate in the country. If we could ever get that fixed we would be scary good. But, we haven’t so we don’t even come close to playing up to our potential.

3rd Down Conversions
    Texas: 4 of 13
    Nicholls: 5 of 14
    Ohio: 6 of 12
    GaSo: 3 of 14

That is putrid.

A QB who can take over a game and be great, doesn’t lead an offense like this.

It's half and half...half is play calling, the other is execution...there are a bunch of coaches and 10 other players on the field that should shoulder the blame...

I think we have a majority of posters who are happy with just winning. So being critical of the team when we win is considered “hating” because we got a W, how could we complain.

Then, you have the guys who look at this team as a SBC Championship level team. We ain’t even close to that. A lot of that falls on the play of LL. This group looks at the season with 2 things in mind. Beating Appalachian St on Oct 12th and beating them again in the SBC title game, AT CAJUN FIELD.

The way we have been playing, we will win 8 games and get our rear’s handed to us twice by App St. and drop a game to a team we are better than.
    You need some coach speak. “One game at a time”. Stop worrying about app right now, try to enjoy the win. It must suck watching us winning and all you can think is how apps going to beat us.

Last year we needed a 53 yarder to survive Georgia southern at home. Then we dominated app. Should have won by 20 if not for the snapping issues. Every game is different. I’m sure Napier will have a different game plan for app and hopefully the plan offensively is better than yesterday’s.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It's half and half...half is play calling, the other is execution...there are a bunch of coaches and 10 other players on the field that should shoulder the blame...
    Our OL is making some bad calls at times on the line of scrimmage. But Levi has been given tons of opportunities in the passing game on third downs. He hasn’t converted. Crazy enough, the majority of our dropped passes are on 1st and 2nd down.

We have the worst 3rd down conversion rate in the country. If we could ever get that fixed we would be scary good. But, we haven’t so we don’t even come close to playing up to our potential.

3rd Down Conversions
    Texas: 4 of 13
    Nicholls: 5 of 14
    Ohio: 6 of 12
    GaSo: 3 of 14

That is putrid.

A QB who can take over a game and be great, doesn’t lead an offense like this.
    Yes. We’ve had multiple runs called on 3rd and medium. Dropped passes beyond the sticks. Completed passes short of the sticks. When Levi’s first option is a 6 yard out on 3rd and 8 that’s a play calling issue. We ran twice on 3rd and 6 last night. Had multiple out routes short of the sticks. It’s mind numbing.

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread Information