Thread: UL vs UL Lafayette Question.

Default UL vs UL Lafayette Question.

I'm almost afraid to ask. Have seen a bunch of press releases/event notifications about homecoming. They come from the Alumni Association. Question is.Once the "Legal" name of our school is used (UL Lafayette) is it proper to then refer to it as UL or Louisiana?

I get the separation of Athletics and Academics when referring to UL. However, we're far enough along in this journey that shouldn't synergy (especially during HC week) of the use of UL be important?

Default Re: UL VS UL Lafayette Question.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask. Have seen a bunch of press releases/event notifications about homecoming. They come from the Alumni Association. Question is.Once the "Legal" name of our school is used (UL Lafayette) is it proper to then refer to it as UL or Louisiana?

I get the separation of Athletics and Academics when referring to UL. However, we're far enough along in this journey that shouldn't synergy (especially during HC week) of the use of UL be important?
    The AA really loves to use “UL Lafayette”. Never really understood it.

3. Default Re: UL VS UL Lafayette Question.

I don't know what constraints the Alumni Association thinks they are under, but they can use Louisiana freely.

Using UL Lafayette is illegal.

For an official document it doesn't make sense to start off with a nickname, but they could. They can start with just Louisiana and be 100% legal, if they wanted to.

This applies to Academics as well.

After opening with full name, they could easily and legally move over to using just Louisiana the rest of the way. They already do this with "the University" references.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't know what constraints the Alumni Association thinks they are under, but they can use Louisiana freely.

Using UL Lafayette is illegal.

For an official document it doesn't make sense to start off with a nickname, but they could. They can start with just Louisiana and be 100% legal, if they wanted to.

This applies to Academics as well.

After opening with full name, they could easily and legally move over to using just Louisiana the rest of the way. They already do this with "the University" references.
    Would love to hear what WESTUCajun has to say.I agree, use University of Louisiana @ Lafayette in heading or first sentence and then Louisiana or UL after that. But hey, we are talking about the Alumni Association here, so its no shock.

Would love to hear what WESTUCajun has to say.I agree, use University of Louisiana @ Lafayette in heading or first sentence and then Louisiana or UL after that. But hey, we are talking about the Alumni Association here, so its no shock.
    I called WestUCajun and asked him to give some charity to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I called WestUCajun and asked him to give some charity to this thread.
    Sorry, Don’t really know why UL Lafayette is used. Something else to add to the to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Sorry, Don’t really know why UL Lafayette is used. Something else to add to the to do list.
    It's a bad look, all the HC announcements are littered with UL Lafayette. You got upset earlier this week at some of us.those announcements are representative of the shortcomings of AA.

It's a bad look, all the HC announcements are littered with UL Lafayette. You got upset earlier this week at some of us.those announcements are representative of the shortcomings of AA.
    Well in his defense he was scheduled to meet up with Jay today and Jay had to cancel when something came up. I promise he wasn't upset. You call that passion.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Well in his defense he was scheduled to meet up with Jay today and Jay had to cancel when something came up. I promise he wasn't upset. You call that passion.
    That's fine.aint banging non him, I hope he fixes it. Too late now for HC.

Thread Information