Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UL tailgate bands

1. Default Re: UL tailgate bands

Hey, maybe they are still open.

2. Default Re: UL tailgate bands

It's a shame 4 corners became what it became because Toby's held on to its good reputation for years but finally succumbed to its location.

Default Re: UL tailgate bands

Yes, one corner auto parts, one corner auto parts# 2, one corner a seafood joint, and one corner a use to be cat house.........So you could eat fish, smell fish and get parts if fish breaks.....

4. Default Re: UL tailgate bands

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Yes, one corner auto parts, one corner auto parts# 2, one corner a seafood joint, and one corner a use to be cat house.........
    Tell us about that cat house . . .

Toby’s in Opelousas was closed at one time, but it is my understanding reopened about a year or two ago. It used to be a great place to go eat and party. Sounds like it may have come back to life. I think I may have to look into it further.

6. Default Re: UL tailgate bands

If you think all Zydeco and Cajun music sound the same… Well just get out

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't think all Cajun music sounds the same, but in many instances zydeco does. A lot of songs after Beau Jacque's, Cornbread, have the same or very, very similar riff.

For zydeco, it's all about the dancing. Those on the floor could care less if it all sounds the same, or, if the singer can't sing. If they cared if a singer could sing in key they would never go listen to Geno. Sorry, but it's true.

Keith Frank and Chris Ardoin have their own styles, just as an example of it not all sounding the same. As did Fernest Arceneaux.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Keith Frank and Chris Ardoin have their own styles, just as an example of it not all sounding the same. As did Fernest Arceneaux.
    Fernest Arceneaux was way, way, way before Chris Ardoin and Keith Frank. Much has changed in zydeco since Fernest was in his hay day.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It is all about the bass and drummer.

11. Default Re: UL tailgate bands

I like bass, especially fried a lot more than drum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information