Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Make it.....Take it

Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    For every play Levi makes with his escapability he misses 4 wide open down field WR’s. They don’t show up as incompletions, because they were never attempted. He flat out doesn’t get to the read or just can’t see them. Those “misses” will cost us dearly in games that we need to have Levi perform at a great level.

Levi is going to win 10 games. He has improved his pocket presence from last year, which is still a work in progress. But it is progress.

I disagree with you on the pass heavy offense is Levi’s strength. It’s the tempo. Its still an RPO and the reads are repetitive and the defense is slower to adjust. They will key on our strength, the running game, and that leaves area of the field vulnerable to the passing game.

But we missed 4 sure fire TDs in the passing game against Ohio. 3 on the last series Levi was in. Neal Johnson didn’t have a defender within 10 yards of him down the seam from the 40. One or two plays later, Stephens was 5 yards behind the safety on the right hash. He flat out blew the top off of the defense. 5 plays later Hunter Bergeron didn’t have a defender within 15 yards of him at the goal line in a waggle to the left side of the field.

That happens all game long. While Levi is extremely efficient and normally doesn’t turn the ball over, he misses a ton of opportunities. Since Drew Brees was used already in this thread, Levi is akin to Teddy Bridgewater. Really good, but not great.
    Fair statements ...

For every play Levi makes with his escapability he misses 4 wide open down field WR’s. They don’t show up as incompletions, because they were never attempted. He flat out doesn’t get to the read or just can’t see them. Those “misses” will cost us dearly in games that we need to have Levi perform at a great level.

Levi is going to win 10 games. He has improved his pocket presence from last year, which is still a work in progress. But it is progress.

I disagree with you on the pass heavy offense is Levi’s strength. It’s the tempo. Its still an RPO and the reads are repetitive and the defense is slower to adjust. They will key on our strength, the running game, and that leaves area of the field vulnerable to the passing game.

But we missed 4 sure fire TDs in the passing game against Ohio. 3 on the last series Levi was in. Neal Johnson didn’t have a defender within 10 yards of him down the seam from the 40. One or two plays later, Stephens was 5 yards behind the safety on the right hash. He flat out blew the top off of the defense. 5 plays later Hunter Bergeron didn’t have a defender within 15 yards of him at the goal line in a waggle to the left side of the field.

That happens all game long. While Levi is extremely efficient and normally doesn’t turn the ball over, he misses a ton of opportunities. Since Drew Brees was used already in this thread, Levi is akin to Teddy Bridgewater. Really good, but not great.
    I don’t disagree that Levi misses on seemingly easy throws.

What I do disagree on is how many open receivers we have. My largest frustration with our offense are the route trees. For as much as defenses load the box against us (rightfully so), we should have multiple receivers fairly wide open on the majority of our pass plays.

Our route trees seem to attack outside the hashes, but loading the box means the middle of the field should be open. I want to see us abuse the middle of the field in the passing attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post

What I do disagree on is how many open receivers we have. My largest frustration with our offense are the route trees. For as much as defenses load the box against us (rightfully so), we should have multiple receivers fairly wide open on the majority of our pass plays.

Our route trees seem to attack outside the hashes, but loading the box means the middle of the field should be open. I want to see us abuse the middle of the field in the passing attack.
    Cajun4life has been saying this for a while now.

From the pocket, QB height is an advantage. Sailing balls over the middle is a recipe for disaster.

TRUTH.

Levi’s best throws are deep slants and seems. From the pocket he finds his throwing lane is always accurate. You can hear me hollering slant all night in the upper deck.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    From the pocket, QB height is an advantage. Sailing balls over the middle is a recipe for disaster.
    Don’t disagree with either of your points.

Why do you think we don’t have more receivers running open, with a running game as effective as ours?

Don’t disagree with either of your points.

Why do you think we don’t have more receivers running open, with a running game as effective as ours?
    We actually do. We just don't have a QB who can spot them open.

9. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You and that mouse in your pocket don’t, but Louisiana does have a QB who has shown that he can lead our team to wins, lots of wins, in fact more wins than in the entire history of Louisiana.

Let's see how Levi does this game. He should look very experienced and very sharp by now.

11. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You and that mouse in your pocket don’t, but Louisiana does have a QB who has shown that he can lead our team to wins, lots of wins, in fact more wins than in the entire history of Louisiana.
    Can he get the school to .500?

12. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Can he get the school to .500?
    That is way more history than I would know. But considering the years and years of losing seasons, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    No we don’t. Levi does miss spotting an open receiver, sure, now & then, but they aren’t there nearly as often as they should be.

I started this thread specifically to point out a statistic that most people find mind-boggling.
    And yet, there were a couple of people that wouldn't give Levi any credit for this feat. Just a couple, but there they were. (Oh yeah, but it's not Levi, it's team.)

It's leadership. And, we've had few better leaders in our program's history.

If you couldn't bring yourself to applaud this particular feat, then I'm wondering what your agenda is.

We've discussed ad nauseum his faults. And, he has them. But no one had mentioned his performance at the end of the half.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information