Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Make it.....Take it

Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think 90% of posters have it right on Levi, but 10% drive the conversation because of the extreme opposition.
    But even you guys were doing it on your podcast after the Nicholl's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Yea but some on here want to give him all the credit like he makes Drew Brees type decisions and plays. My beef with Levi is simple. The Ohio game was perfect to show his strengths and weaknesses. Was he perfect no but I could accept that because he utilized all his abilities ran when he needed to decent passes with a couple of mistakes and that what I want to see from him every game. Stop trying to make him into something he is not a pocket passer. He is most efficient when he plays as a true duel threat QB.
    If he didn't make those Drew Brees decisions and plays then you'd criticize him so why not give him credit when he does make them? ??????

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    To be fair, we point out what he did well; but we also point out his mistakes.

Seems that people get really offended by the latter.

4. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Lewis is both Mike Vic and a just Game manager come on now..

You almost bad as Vic now lol go stick you head up App's azz and keep my name out your post
    Looks like the shoe was a perfect fit.

5. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post

He is referring to those who only see the latter. He named two of them and there are more. If the shoe fits wear the damn thing.

No, it seems that your "compliments" are a bit hard to come by. One of you even wondered out loud if he should be the starter? Nobody on this end is offended. I just know the first poor game, or god forbid another loss, and people will be ready to give him the axe. I just think he deserves better than that.

No, it seems that your "compliments" are a bit hard to come by. One of you even wondered out loud if he should be the starter? Nobody on this end is offended. I just know the first poor game, or god forbid another loss, and people will be ready to give him the axe. I just think he deserves better than that.
    I've said countless times where I stand on Levi, so there is no need to go back there.

Levi is the face of this team. There's times where he shows that ability, and there's times where he doesn't. Last week, Levi made some great decisions on a few of his passes and ran the ball well when given the opportunity. But there were also some times where he missed some wide open receivers.

The problem is that there will always be someone who will just go, "Well who cares if he missed those open receivers? We won the game!" Well, I care. That doesn't mean it overshadows everything else that he did well.

8. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

I've said countless times where I stand on Levi, so there is no need to go back there.

Levi is the face of this team. There's times where he shows that ability, and there's times where he doesn't. Last week, Levi made some great decisions on a few of his passes and ran the ball well when given the opportunity. But there were also some times where he missed some wide open receivers.

The problem is that there will always be someone who will just go, "Well who cares if he missed those open receivers? We won the game!" Well, I care. That doesn't mean it overshadows everything else that he did well.
    You are not the problem. The shoe does not fit you.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You are not the problem. The shoe does not fit you.
    Well, I appreciate that. LOL.

10. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    He is referring to those who only see the latter. He named two of them and there are more. If the shoe fits wear the damn thing.
    Why would anyone ever hop around on one shoe?

11. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Why would anyone ever hop around on one shoe?
    Ask those who are blinded to the great things that Levi Lewis does game in and game out as the QB of the Ragin Cajuns.

Well, I appreciate that. LOL.
    Yeah. I bet you will be able to sleep better tonite, LOL

For every play Levi makes with his escapability he misses 4 wide open down field WR’s. They don’t show up as incompletions, because they were never attempted. He flat out doesn’t get to the read or just can’t see them. Those “misses” will cost us dearly in games that we need to have Levi perform at a great level.

Levi is going to win 10 games. He has improved his pocket presence from last year, which is still a work in progress. But it is progress.

I disagree with you on the pass heavy offense is Levi’s strength. It’s the tempo. Its still an RPO and the reads are repetitive and the defense is slower to adjust. They will key on our strength, the running game, and that leaves area of the field vulnerable to the passing game.

But we missed 4 sure fire TDs in the passing game against Ohio. 3 on the last series Levi was in. Neal Johnson didn’t have a defender within 10 yards of him down the seam from the 40. One or two plays later, Stephens was 5 yards behind the safety on the right hash. He flat out blew the top off of the defense. 5 plays later Hunter Bergeron didn’t have a defender within 15 yards of him at the goal line in a waggle to the left side of the field.

That happens all game long. While Levi is extremely efficient and normally doesn’t turn the ball over, he misses a ton of opportunities. Since Drew Brees was used already in this thread, Levi is akin to Teddy Bridgewater. Really good, but not great.

14. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Doing what, talking about the game? Pointing out, correctly, that Levi made some horrible decisions and missed open receivers? When it stops being true, I'll stop saying it.

And your comment to ULvictory proves that there are people in the PLC that can't give credit to others when they point out all of the good things he does.

A

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Levi has his advocates (I'm one of them). Levi has his detractors (some of whom will never give him credit no matter what).

We've said "all he does is win."

Let me tell you what winners do.

Levi Lewis has started 28 games under Billy Napier.

The Cajuns have scored on their final possession of the first half 22 times.

And, the Cajuns have played make it, take it (score on last possession of the first half and first possession of the second half.) on TEN of those instances.

I can guarantee you, you'll be able to count the number of teams that have done that over the last 2+ seasons on one hand.

Scoring right before halftime or coming out in the third quarter and establishing yourself demoralizes your opponent and wins you football games.

Levi Lewis is better at that than any quarterback in Cajuns' history.

Yeah, you have to have good play calls. But you have to have someone to execute the plays.
    I told my brothers last Thursday night we just played make it take it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information