Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Make it.....Take it

Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Levi is currently ranked #66 in the country on QB Passer Rating.
    Levi is currently ranked #55 in the country on QB completion percentage.

Not terrible, not great.
    Of course, stats don't always tell the whole story. The point is, there are many layers to this topic, and I don't think anyone is changing their minds either way. The only way is for Levi to prove it on the field. I know I'll be watching. Geaux Cajuns.

Geaux Cajuns!

Geaux Levi!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    As is almost always true, the most polarizing topics are topics that have opposing sides with equally legitimate gripes. Pro-Levi Coalition (We’ll call them PLC) can’t stand when the Anti-Levi Coalition (ALC, obvi) points out his flaws and vice-versa.
    The issue with the ALC is that they are so quick to just trash him at any given turn. If you need evidence, just revisit some of the game threads in real time and see exactly how that goes. Hell, people start trashing him even when he makes a decent play but it wasn't a great play. Bottom line is that so many will never give him the credit he should be due no matter what happens in the win-loss column. We win games its going to be because we had a great coach or great running backs and if we lose games its going to be because our QB shouldn't have even been on the field. Hell, some are so convinced that Chandler Fields is the next Jake Delhomme they probably hoping LL picks up an injury so Fields can lead us to glory.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The issue with the ALC is that they are so quick to just trash him at any given turn. If you need evidence, just revisit some of the game threads in real time and see exactly how that goes. Hell, people start trashing him even when he makes a decent play but it wasn't a great play. Bottom line is that so many will never give him the credit he should be due no matter what happens in the win-loss column. We win games its going to be because we had a great coach or great running backs and if we lose games its going to be because our QB shouldn't have even been on the field. Hell, some are so convinced that Chandler Fields is the next Jake Delhomme they probably hoping LL picks up an injury so Fields can lead us to glory.
    awesome take.

Extreme take.

Right On, Right On, Right On...CajunHawk and Scott the Cartoon boy are the two who lead that parade....

7. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Right On, Right On, Right On...CajunHawk and Scott the Cartoon boy are the two who lead that parade....
    I think 90% of posters have it right on Levi, but 10% drive the conversation because of the extreme opposition.

I think 90% of posters have it right on Levi, but 10% drive the conversation because of the extreme opposition.
    And, they are total buffoons when it comes to understanding the game of football, or more exact the brand of ball the cajuns play. Levi, on most downs, is the facilitator. He is one part of the offense. He is not the total offense.

Lewis is both Mike Vic and a just Game manager come on now..

You almost bad as Vic now lol go stick you head up App's azz and keep my name out your post

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Lewis is both Mike Vic and a just Game manager come on now..

You almost bad as Vic now lol go stick you head up App's azz and keep my name out your post
    But You so funny....

And, they are total buffoons when it comes to understanding the game of football, or more exact the brand of ball the cajuns play. Levi, on most downs, is the facilitator. He is one part of the offense. He is not the total offense.
    Yea but some on here want to give him all the credit like he makes Drew Brees type decisions and plays. My beef with Levi is simple. The Ohio game was perfect to show his strengths and weaknesses. Was he perfect no but I could accept that because he utilized all his abilities ran when he needed to decent passes with a couple of mistakes and that what I want to see from him every game. Stop trying to make him into something he is not a pocket passer. He is most efficient when he plays as a true duel threat QB.

12. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

To make even more simple:

In order to win a championship, we will have to beat people with our passing game. To this point, we have not shown that we can do that. Now, that’s not only on Levi. But the passing game will have to improve to hit our ceiling.

Fairly good posts. To me some of the criticism is fine for a board, but never understood why this topic got so heated. unless you know for a fact there is a replacement that is better not sure what the point of the excessive criticism was. However, with that said… when does one like Levi need to start passing the torch? how many (if any) reps should the back up get in real competitive game action, to avoid a rebuilding year so to speak? granted whether they do or not, is not up to levi. If we still had a shot at undefeated I could see holding off, but that is not the case, and I wouldnt want to risk a conference loss. But there should be some opportunities one would think.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Extreme take.
    That's only because you fit into that group.....lol

To make even more simple:

In order to win a championship, we will have to beat people with our passing game. To this point, we have not shown that we can do that. Now, that’s not only on Levi. But the passing game will have to improve to hit our ceiling.
    Again, I've noted in game threads for the Nicholl's game and Ohio that our offense actually looked its best and was most efficient at the beginning of the game with a pass heavy scheme as well as early 4th quarter. When we go up tempo pass, we've been very successful.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information