Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Make it.....Take it

Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Are you out of your mind?

Why would I bring this up? Do you understand how unbelievable that statistic is?

I guarantee you it's something this program has never accomplished before or may again.

In fact, I'll be willing to bet the majority of schools in America have never had a stat like that.

Why can't that be celebrated by everyone????????
    Really Jay if we are going to give LL credit for all the wins he's played in and every stat whether he had any thing directly to do with it, then we should give him credit for every loss we got while he was QB. Having said that we should all be ____ed that he ruined our perfect season last year because superman loss. See how ridiculous that sounds. IT A FRICKIN TEAM SPORT. Teams win and lose. If you had stated what a great stat for the Cajuns I'd agree but LL isn't doing this on his own.

2. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Really Jay if we are going to give LL credit for all the wins he's played in and every stat whether he had any thing directly to do with it, then we should give him credit for every loss we got while he was QB. Having said that we should all be ____ed that he ruined our perfect season last year because superman loss. See how ridiculous that sounds. IT A FRICKIN TEAM SPORT. Teams win and lose. If you had stated what a great stat for the Cajuns I'd agree but LL isn't doing this on his own.
    A position focused accolade in no way shape or form detracts from the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Nope only the QB gets the credit for the win ... you don't remember Lewis returning both the punt & kickoff tds vs Iowa state , also the pick 6 2 weeks ago.

4. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Nope only the QB gets the credit for the win ... you don't remember Lewis returning both the punt & kickoff tds vs Iowa state , also the pick 6 2 weeks ago.
    A position focused accolade in no way shape or form detracts from the rest of the team.

5. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Unless . . .

6. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

A prodigal son coming back to the belt would be the biggest CUSA win the Sunbelt has ever had.

Basketball is their only sport that interests me.

7. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Unless . ..
    Unless . .. someone takes it upon him or her self to run around repeatedly claiming, "all HE does is win."

I have been pro-LL ever since watching Miss St. defenders chasing him and falling over themselves in the Dome 3 seasons ago.

What does frustrate me is that he is so special with his feet that he can make a huge difference in a game against teams that we are not able to dominate. I would love to see him utilize this skillset more because he is flat out hard to tackle and has the potential to change games with his running ability against teams that we are struggling against. I don’t think we have taken full advantage of his skillset.

With that said he is an above average qb and a great leader. A winner and we are lucky to have him leading our team at probably the most important position.

9. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Unless . .. someone takes it upon him or her self to run around repeatedly claiming, "all HE does is win."
    No TEAM with an average QB has that much success. Please note that I said TEAM.

10. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    No TEAM with an average QB has that much success. Please note that I said TEAM.
    Note: Vic said TEAM.

The squirrels are out today...

Signed, Buddy D

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Jay your post brings up a good point. Stats like that usually don’t make the paper.

As is almost always true, the most polarizing topics are topics that have opposing sides with equally legitimate gripes. Pro-Levi Coalition (We’ll call them PLC) can’t stand when the Anti-Levi Coalition (ALC, obvi) points out his flaws and vice-versa.

Both the PLC and the ALC are correct; and they’re both wrong, at the same time. We somehow have arrived at a place where even discussing his play on the field (no anything else, including LL the person) has become taboo. But I’m a fan, like the rest of you. QB happens to be an important part of our success or failure. I think most his detractors are just describing what they see on the field and projecting forward with regard to how we’ll be able to perform against upper echelon teams in our schedule. Very rarely, if ever, do I see anyone from the ALC or otherwise speak negatively about LL the human. (Which again, makes me even more perplexed as to why people take this so personally.)

The PLC are usually people that have been through some dark days of Cajun football and appreciate even having a capable QB leading this program.

When it’s all over, Levi will rewrite our history books. And that’s a wonderful thing. But the PLC needs to understand that most football fans (the ones that attend games, keep the conversation going, buy concessions and apparel, pay to park, give to private funding arms) really care about what’s next and what can we accomplish. That’s what really drives the football crazy fans. And within that context, watching the games based on process and not result, you can see why people question Levi’s decisions. Billy’s plan. The offense as a whole. It is very baffling at times.
    This is my favorite post MAT has ever done. I like to believe that Billy is building a mini-Alabama/Saban model, and if you look there are some similarities.

The early success Saban had was with defense, physical offenses that had QB's that were good, but mostly asked to NOT LOSE THE GAME. Many, many Bama fans asked for years two questions:
    1. How can we not recruit good QBs?
    2. How can we not recruit good place kickers?

Eventually, both of those positions were answered and it was a combination of many reasons, but winning and Saban changing his style were probably the top two reasons.

Now, the opposite side of this coin is that Saban was known for defense and Napier is an offensive guy, so it raises questions, for sure.

My opinion is that Napier believes that being better coached, more physical in the trenches, recruiting good athletes and NOT turning the ball over is the best formula to consistently win, especially at the G5 level. On offensive, it is built on a POWER running game, which is effective, but not the most pleasing to watch. It gets you winning, attracts even better athletes, hopefully better coaches and it builds.

That is my optimistic view of what can be a baffling question, at times.

Is this the most civil discussion on Levi in the history of RP? Good job ladies and gentlemen.

Now I’m off to the dog killer and tiggerdroppings for some real juicy reading.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    I have been pro-LL ever since watching Miss St. defenders chasing him and falling over themselves in the Dome 3 seasons ago.

What does frustrate me is that he is so special with his feet that he can make a huge difference in a game against teams that we are not able to dominate. I would love to see him utilize this skillset more because he is flat out hard to tackle and has the potential to change games with his running ability against teams that we are struggling against. I don’t think we have taken full advantage of his skillset.

With that said he is an above average qb and a great leader. A winner and we are lucky to have him leading our team at probably the most important position.
    All of this.

LL did pull the ball down and run during the Ohio game much more than the first 2 games. Just wish he would be able to utilize his legs a little more to keep defenses honest. he would be lethal

there is no doubt we can critique LL all day long as you can do with almost every college QB in the history of college football. But bottom line is what shows up on the W/L column. And in that manner LL is a winner. Could he be better, yes, could we have a ton worse, absolutely.

I loved Jake as our QB when I was in college, but guys Jake had a ton of things we could critique all night long and same with even Brian Mitchell.

It's like the old saying, no matter how hot a girl is, their is always some guy who is tired of her ____. I would hope that whomever is the starter next year will be great, but there is a solid chance that our starter next year might not be as good as our starter this year.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information