Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Make it.....Take it

Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    But Napier is playing to Levi's strength and that is getting him outside the pocket and throwing on the move. Levi does throw a very nice deep ball, where I think Levi struggles is making the decision when he is under pressure to throw or run and he needs to make the decision to run more often then trying to force something. He did not see the Ohio player when he threw the interception, he saw an open receiver and missed the Ohio guy that was sitting in the zone waiting to make a play.

And that is the concern, at least for me. Napier didn't play to Levi's strength vs. Texas. Had he done that against Texas, no telling how the game would have ended. Yet, he just sat in the pocket and couldn't find receivers down field. When he gets outside the pocket and throwing on the move or running, he is at his best and we win, a lot.
    My personal opinion is that allot of that has to do with his height. I think Levi plays better when he can see down the field, by getting him outside the pocket he can look down the field and see open players, when he is in the pocket he has a hard time seeing over the OL and DL and I think that is why he struggles to hit open receivers on slants. He is better outside the pocket and throwing into the flat and/or down the field. I truly believe if he were 6'1 + this would be less of a concern. He can get away with it a little more vs SBC and G5 opponents because they don't have the athletes that teams like Texas does. But even then he is much better on the move outside the pocket.

UL Football Make it.....Take it

The last two posts basically sum up what I have been saying countless times around here: Levi Lewis is a scrambling quarterback who does wonders on the rollout. He is not a pocket passer. He will never be a pocket passer. That is not the type of quarterback he is.

When defenses stack the box and force him to stay in the pocket, that is when we see some of his flaws. Granted, his scrambling ability, he short passes inside of 20 yards, and his leadership abilities outweigh the cons.

But this "back and forth" of fans' opinions of Levi is just odd. He's not perfect. But he's also not the worst QB ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    My personal opinion is that allot of that has to do with his height. I think Levi plays better when he can see down the field, by getting him outside the pocket he can look down the field and see open players, when he is in the pocket he has a hard time seeing over the OL and DL and I think that is why he struggles to hit open receivers on slants. He is better outside the pocket and throwing into the flat and/or down the field. I truly believe if he were 6'1 + this would be less of a concern. He can get away with it a little more vs SBC and G5 opponents because they don't have the athletes that teams like Texas does. But even then he is much better on the move outside the pocket.
    I’ve said it more than once, if Levi was 6’1” we wouldn’t have gotten him here, certainly not in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I see you have chosen violence today. Winning stats is for coaching not QB. He is the most senior QB is the leauge and is rated 4th in QBR & EPA. Also that last drive before half Montrell has 54 yards and a td Lewis 25 yards total...yes all hail LL greatest QB ever.

Against Nicholls we went cold midway through the second quater did not score another offensive TD.

Texas we had 1 first half 3rd down conversion and not another until the end of the 3rd

I'm Scott Malkinson and I have diabetes
    I won't let the LL lovers bait me in today but I agree with you 100%. Can't understand why jay would try to bring this up in the NFL he'd be flagged for taunting.

If I’m not mistaken, Jay said that only 3 UL QBs have ever made him say wow and Levi was one of them. I’ve said wow many times when Levi has escaped sacks for loss. I’ve also said wow many times when he eluded sacks but kept running backwards and in circles instead of taking off down the field. That’s my only gripe with him. Sure some of his passes aren’t great but nobody is perfect. You take the good with the bad. I wish he would make us all say wow by taking off down the field when his first and second read isn’t there. He’s amazing when he runs. He just needs to do it more.

is make it take it, different than a double dip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azBsJHpw5mQ

Anti and Pro Levi people, watch this 2020 highlight real of LL. If you watch it you will see that the majority of his successful passes and run are either in a completely clean pocket and/or when is out on the edge. Rarely do you see him successful when he is standing in the pocket with people around him. Even when he does, it was because the OL blocked open the pocket, meaning they blocked people to the outside and left the pocket completely clean for him to see. This is what I am talking about with Levi and his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    is make it take it, different than a double dip?
    Nah. Same thing, different terminology

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I won't let the LL lovers bait me in today but I agree with you 100%. Can't understand why jay would try to bring this up in the NFL he'd be flagged for taunting.
    Are you out of your mind?

Why would I bring this up? Do you understand how unbelievable that statistic is?

I guarantee you it's something this program has never accomplished before or may again.

In fact, I'll be willing to bet the majority of schools in America have never had a stat like that.

Why can't that be celebrated by everyone????????

And I can think a few QBs back one that was good for a TO 5 minutes either side of halftime.

Time will be the overall judge of Mr. Lewis. But for now, I’m content with our QB.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Nah. Same thing, different terminology
    thanks. i think double dip is way cooler. will that make a comeback, or was it trademarked by 1420?

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, Jay said that only 3 UL QBs have ever made him say wow and Levi was one of them. I’ve said wow many times when Levi has escaped sacks for loss. I’ve also said wow many times when he eluded sacks but kept running backwards and in circles instead of taking off down the field. That’s my only gripe with him. Sure some of his passes aren’t great but nobody is perfect. You take the good with the bad. I wish he would make us all say wow by taking off down the field when his first and second read isn’t there. He’s amazing when he runs. He just needs to do it more.
    Agree 100% well stated

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    thanks. i think double dip is way cooler. will that make a comeback, or was it trademarked by 1420?
    I actually liked double dip better as well. But so many around the country use "make it, take it" I use it now, too.

14. Default Re: Make it.....Take it

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And I can think a few QBs back one that was good for a TO 5 minutes either side of halftime.

Time will be the overall judge of Mr. Lewis. But for now, I’m content with our QB.
    Time has already crowned him.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Amen. I think he is a great QB but that's my big gripe with him....wish he would run forwards a lot more. Seems like he did that more in years past, but not this one, yet.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information