Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: So it starts.....

Default Re: So it starts.....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    There are definitely seats in the renderings, but I'm not sure if any of them will be poor folk seats or if they will all be club seats.
    Attachment 16081
    There will be some club seats that will, no doubt, be more expensive, but shouldn't be out of reach for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We also received the email. Glad he jumped ahead of the game. Some people are not aware of displacement. They don’t understand construction.

We’re a group of 20 in UD1. I know we’ll never get to sit together again. Hopefully this will be the last year. Enjoy it while you can.
    I bet they will sell seats on the east side (student section) to folks displaced. That might allow you to keep your group together.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I bet they will sell seats on the east side (student section) to folks displaced. That might allow you to keep your group together.
    I hope so I lost my seat in section Q when they moved the students in but was told I couldn't buy the seats but I could still sit in the section so I do

So I've been to probably 95% of the home games over the last 20 years and not once been in the upper deck seats (only the single "box suite" once or twice via elevator)

I need to get up there with the cool kids and see what the fuss is all about before it's gone

Supposedly we are very close to having enough $ to get started. Over half of the estimated $65 million has been committed supposedly

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That’s going to be tricky. We’re finally getting students to the game and now possibly sending them to the end zone? I’m sure Maggard will come up with a happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That’s going to be tricky. We’re finally getting students to the game and now possibly sending them to the end zone? I’m sure Maggard will come up with a happy medium.
    There is plenty of room to accommodate those season ticket holders up top on the West lower and GA on the east side and South endzone

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Im under the overhang, I wonder if I will be affected also. Hopefully the seats will still be in the shade after the renovations
    The front part of upper deck will not be affected. Meaning the overhang will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    The front part of upper deck will not be affected. Meaning the overhang will remain.
    That's cool, but what about the
    hangover?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Not really….we had season tix for many years on the east side right next to the students. That whole section is still available for season tix, and you can sit right on the 50 yd line. But of course you then have to deal with the no coverage and being in the direct line of the sun. If you sit high enough like we did you can watch everyone struggling to make it up all those steps…but at least now they added railings during the upgrade this summer.
    But looking at the renderering I’m a little more hopeful that there will be seats not tied to suites, so although they’ll no doubt be more expensive will still be within range of current costs.
    Either way can’t wait for this happen…GEAUX Cajuns!

That's good news . I like being under the overhang.

Are you saying they will be using the existing upper deck instead of demolishing and rebuilding?

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Are you saying they will be using the existing upper deck instead of demolishing and rebuilding?
    I'm fairly sure that isn't happening. Would make no sense. I believe it would cost more money to retain and repair than replace.

13. Default Re: So it starts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I'm fairly sure that isn't happening. Would make no sense. I believe it would cost more money to retain and repair than replace.
    The upper deck is not salvageable from the reports produced a couple years ago. Unless massive structural upgrades are made, I don’t see the possibility of using it.

UL Football Re: So it starts.....

Some will be disappointed, and others will be happy.

My understanding is the following:

• The new upper deck will be a press box, club-level seats, and suites, not necessarily in that order.
    • There will be some remodel to the seats on the west side.
    • Once the stadium is completed, the whole stadium will be reseated based on your RCAF ranking.

Lots of the seats that are between the 35-yard lines, those people will move to the suits or the stadium club seating.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Some will be disappointed, and others will be happy.

My understanding is the following:
    • The new upper deck will be a press box, club-level seats, and suites, not necessarily in that order.
    • There will be some remodel to the seats on the west side.
    • Once the stadium is completed, the whole stadium will be reseated based on your RCAF ranking.

Lots of the seats that are between the 35-yard lines, those people will move to the suits or the stadium club seating.
    So, no level of seats in the new UD that are comparable to the current UD1 & 2? On the rendering, it shows 3 levels: major suites on the top, more suites on the loge area, and then just regular seats right below that. I really hope that they go that route, like the rendering, but understand they are juggling a lot of things in the reno.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information