Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: So it starts.....

Default Re: So it starts.....

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think there are 6 rows in UD1, UD2 AND UD3. Each row has about 45 seats each. That's 810 seats in the chair back section. There are 4 sections of bleacher seats with backs (2 in each side). Say 50 seats in each section makes an additional 200 seats. So the entire section of the lower upper deck is about 1000 seats. I think they could accommodate that in the design. For sure, not every seat is sold either. I also know that the guy next to me has 4 seats and they never use them. If they go up on the price he might say no thanks or reduce the number of seats he buys.

I think they have seen in the past few years that people are not knocking on the doors to buy tickets. So if they go up too much many may opt out or buy fewer tickets. I opted out last year because I didn't want to put up with the Covid mess. It made me realize I wasted a lot of time just to go to a football game that I could watch easily from the comfort of my den.
    Glad someone did the math that I was too lazy to do, lol. That’s my point: all it takes is 1K seats in the new section to accommodate all of the current UD1, 2 & 3 folks. 3 or 4 rows and it’s done.

2. Default Re: So it starts.....

Anyone worried about this change needs to start having dialogue with the admin NOW.

I think there are 6 rows in UD1, UD2 AND UD3. Each row has about 45 seats each. That's 810 seats in the chair back section. There are 4 sections of bleacher seats with backs (2 in each side). Say 50 seats in each section makes an additional 200 seats. So the entire section of the lower upper deck is about 1000 seats. I think they could accommodate that in the design. For sure, not every seat is sold either. I also know that the guy next to me has 4 seats and they never use them. If they go up on the price he might say no thanks or reduce the number of seats he buys.

I think they have seen in the past few years that people are not knocking on the doors to buy tickets. So if they go up too much many may opt out or buy fewer tickets. I opted out last year because I didn't want to put up with the Covid mess. It made me realize I wasted a lot of time just to go to a football game that I could watch easily from the comfort of my den.
    May have to recalculate. Row 6 in UD1 has only 25 seats. Same for all rows in UD1.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Anyone worried about this change needs to start having dialogue with the admin NOW.
    Agreed, but what would be the best way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Pizz and moan about it on the Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    May have to recalculate. Row 6 in UD1 has only 25 seats. Same for all rows in UD1.
    Ok. UD2 has about 45, UD1 and UD2 have 25 each. So 270 plus 300 is 570. Say 600 plus the 200 on the side makes 800. Makes it even more doable.

7. Default Re: So it starts.....

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Pizz and moan about it on the Facebook page
    Or maybe start a thread about it on RP.

Ok. UD2 has about 45, UD1 and UD2 have 25 each. So 270 plus 300 is 570. Say 600 plus the 200 on the side makes 800. Makes it even more doable.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I think we can just reach out to yanko or someone on the RCAF staff and ask for a meeting, if one isn’t already being planned for. Good dialogue would be mutually beneficial. They can’t know what we want unless we tell them, in an honest and respectful way.

I don’t think they will reinvent the wheel. I’m pretty sure you can refer back to how EVERYONE was reseated after the Cajundome and Russo park were renovated. I think reseating will be based on RCAF rank and nothing else. The higher your rank, the sooner you will get to choose your new seats. Of course I expect we will also have to pay the required PSC for the seats selected. As is with most things now days, from facility renovations to conference realignment, it’s all about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I don’t think they will reinvent the wheel. I’m pretty sure you can refer back to how EVERYONE was reseated after the Cajundome and Russo park were renovated. I think reseating will be based on RCAF rank and nothing else. The higher your rank, the sooner you will get to choose your new seats. Of course I expect we will also have to pay the required PSC for the seats selected. As is with most things now days, from facility renovations to conference realignment, it’s all about the money.
    Cajundome seating wasn't hard to do.

There’s 2 nunbers we all need to consider (unfortunately):

1) Total RCAF Members
    2) Total Fball Season Ticket Sales

Reality is, both numbers are extremely low and will be a fraction of the seats available when the time comes for re-seating. Relax, we will all have opportunity to get decent seats.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I believe the convo needs to be with the rcaf if I understood correctly.

14. Default Re: So it starts.....

If protecting this group is financially feasible within the reconstruction process, it would certainly behoove those that wish consideration for protection to speak to the appropriate people in power.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I believe the convo needs to be with the rcaf if I understood correctly.
    Agree, but the question is who within the RCAF. It certainly will have to be someone higher up than the concierge.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information