Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So it starts.....

Default Re: So it starts.....

Hope they hose the construction dust off the seats before the game.

A Casual Fan

Well, I’ve have two projects I’d love to see before the Lord takes me home. Cajun Field is within my grasp.

Those with complaints, this project is just like life.

Speaking of Telling It Like It is....4 part series on PBS tonight about Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Same thing we went through with the Baseball stadium... If it cost me an extra $100 -200 a ticket so be it . It's worth it not to have a press box from 1960
    Well first and foremost I am definitely not complaining about the soon to start construction. In fact this is a dream come true.
    Secondly, if it’s only a 100-200 bucks (heck, I’d even go to 300-400 more) I’ll be happy and gladly pay it. My fear is that the only seats on that level will tied to suites, and will cost thousands….which I will not pay. And if I have to move I just hope they work with us to get good seats in the lower bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    So wait. Everybody has been clamoring for renovation of Cajun Field. Now that they are getting ready for the planning stage people are realizing that there will be changes so now it's not a good idea?

We also sit in the Upper Deck and maybe (probably) we will be relocated during the renovation stage. This should be a year, or two max, that we are relocated. Then yes, we will have to bear with sitting in nice seats in a new, beautiful stadium.

That sucks!
    Yea, kind of laughing my ass off at some of these comments. Most of us were displaced when the baseball stadium was built for one season. But hey, don't move my seats to build your new damn stadium renovations? Some people must really miss the SLC days.
    LMFAO!!!!

We also received the email. Glad he jumped ahead of the game. Some people are not aware of displacement. They don’t understand construction.

We’re a group of 20 in UD1. I know we’ll never get to sit together again. Hopefully this will be the last year. Enjoy it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yea, kind of laughing my ass off at some of these comments. Most of us were displaced when the baseball stadium was built for one season. But hey, don't move my seats to build your new damn stadium renovations? Some people must really miss the SLC days.
    LMFAO!!!!
    Yeah, I remember moving from Blackham to the dome. Suddenly we had a few new whale donors, I was lucky make the outer rail in 107.

If you’re still bent over baseball reseating or the new football seating coming, don’t despair.

Within 3 years I moved from the rail two isles over. Novelty will go away, you’ll eventually get your old seats back. Same will happen with football.

A great day for UL.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yeah, I remember moving from Blackham to the dome. Suddenly we had a few new whale donors, I was lucky make the outer rail in 107.

If you’re still bent over baseball reseating or the new football seating coming, don’t despair.

Within 3 years I moved from the rail two isles over. Novelty will go away, you’ll eventually get your old seats back. Same will happen with football.

A great day for UL.
    Probably right. Once the shine wears off many won’t renew; though I hope I’m wrong. Perhaps the club level seats won’t be too pricey. I had upper deck season tickets for several years. Very affordable! I’ll definitely be making the trip back to enjoy the renovation! And of course cheer on my alma mater.

Im under the overhang, I wonder if I will be affected also. Hopefully the seats will still be in the shade after the renovations

I appreciate that they are letting us know ahead of time and will work with us to find new seats. I think most of new of the possibility of relocating and who knows maybe I can afford to still sit where I am currently. I have always thought that my seats were the best bargain in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I appreciate that they are letting us know ahead of time and will work with us to find new seats. I think most of new of the possibility of relocating and who knows maybe I can afford to still sit where I am currently. I have always thought that my seats were the best bargain in college football.
    No doubt!! I kept mine for several years while living in San Antonio even though I only made it for 1 game/season — 2 tops! Gave the rest away to family.

If they re-do the lower section to more or less match the south end zone further displacement will occur. It will improve seating there too but some season ticket holders will get moved a little.

I tried to tell you people years ago, winning that game on December 17, 2011 would turn out to be a night we’d all regret.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I tried to tell you people years ago, winning that game on December 17, 2011 would turn out to be a night we’d all regret.
    OH, You. Haha

It’s my understanding there will be zero seats in the upper deck when all said & done. Only suites/boxes.

Is that accurate??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    It’s my understanding there will be zero seats in the upper deck when all said & done. Only suites/boxes.

Is that accurate??
    There are definitely seats in the renderings, but I'm not sure if any of them will be poor folk seats or if they will all be club seats.
    Name:  ul-lafayette-stadium-aerial-oll.png
Views: 699
Size:  1.30 MB

As long as I am afforded the opportunity to hold onto the seats I currently have. UD2 Row 6, which are incredible and way under priced, IMO. If similar seats will exist in the new upper deck, then I’d hope to get first right of refusal. If that happens and they are too pricey for me, then so be it. But you better believe, if those seats, or similar remain and I’m not afforded the first opportunity to purchase them I will be pretty ticked off.

I think that’s fair.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information