Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Bell??

Default Re: The Bell??

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    The PA announcer already says, a J & J Exterminating first down and a Lafayette Roofing three and out. I think that is bush league. I mean, come on, does the University really need the money that bad?
    Easy answer….. YES! Unless you have a few million to hand over to the athletic department. Feel free to buy those spots so they don’t have to say sponsor names.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    The PA announcer already says, a J & J Exterminating first down and a Lafayette Roofing three and out. I think that is bush league. I mean, come on, does the University really need the money that bad?
    100% yes

3. Default Re: The Bell??

Every week somebody else should have the right to outbid the winner from the week before. Then the winner from the week before should be allowed to stay in the position if they are willing to match. Let’s make some revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Every week somebody else should have the right to outbid the winner from the week before. Then the winner from the week before should be allowed to stay in the position if they are willing to match. Let’s make some revenue.
    Finally a positive and relevant post from CajunVic!

5. Default Re: The Bell??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I like.

Gamification of sponsorships.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    They need every penny. Lost over 8 million last year.
    C'mom man. These business owners are successful alumni of the university. Let me restate that, "they are smart, successful alumni of the university" and Louisiana marketed the first down, 3 and out and other in game aspects and these owners put up the cash and ran with it. This is genius on both sides. Folks like you and me at the game are a captured audience and are forced to listen. Do I like it? Not so much, but it does not bother me if I know it helps when I know it puts food on the table, which puts a better product on the field.

I know one of these owners and he is a very "casual" football fan, as some talk about on this board. He pays money to Louisiana to market his product where he sees a ROI.

I think Billy Napier makes a couple million a year. Thats a LOT of cash and it has to come from somewhere.

Remember, football is all about the money (weather we like it or not).

Watch a game on the ESPN (or FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC.....), commercials last forever now between the live play on the field. They are making money. Louisiana is just following their lead.

Oh yea, remember, it's all about the money! I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmole View Post
    C'mom man. These business owners are successful alumni of the university. Let me restate that, "they are smart, successful alumni of the university" and Louisiana marketed the first down, 3 and out and other in game aspects and these owners put up the cash and ran with it. This is genius on both sides. Folks like you and me at the game are a captured audience and are forced to listen. Do I like it? Not so much, but it does not bother me if I know it helps when I know it puts food on the table, which puts a better product on the field.

I know one of these owners and he is a very "casual" football fan, as some talk about on this board. He pays money to Louisiana to market his product where he sees a ROI.

I think Billy Napier makes a couple million a year. Thats a LOT of cash and it has to come from somewhere.

Watch a game on the ESPN (or FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC.....), commercials last forever now between the live play on the field. They are making money. Louisiana is just following their lead.

I am not sure what's the point of you quoting my post? I said we need every penny so that means we need to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Where's my pie"
    Radio?

9. Default Re: The Bell??

I am not sure what's the point of you quoting my post? I said we need every penny so that means we need to do it.
    "Let the reader use discernment."

Not every post "to you" is a post of disagreement.

Some posts are in agreement. Think of it as an exclamation point.

Ring Me, the bell, to signify a 3rd down...then shut up the PA guy..use the video screen to designate the 3rd down sponsor...

Signed, The Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmole View Post

Weather?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ring Me, the bell, to signify a 3rd down...then shut up the PA guy..use the video screen to designate the 3rd down sponsor...

Signed, The Bell
    We're gonna miss big Tuna reminding us that it's 3RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDD DOWN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

Signed, The Bell
    We know what the bell thinks. What is 71 thinking?

14. Default Re: The Bell??

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Weather?
    Sometimes we like the weather, sometimes we don’t.

We know what the bell thinks. What is 71 thinking?
    The Bell speaks for me...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information