Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Football at USA

Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Just a quick question, how many people are considered Alumni of UL since our first bowl game?

Of that number how many are actually a member of the Alumni Association?

Have those people been contacted and informed about what this university is doing in regards to advancement or athletics?

Has the Alumni Association attempted to get “events” to gather those people at Cajun games?

UL as fans, as a university and as an administration have suffered from Stockholm Syndrome for far too long. Many actually believe the best that we can be is mediocre. Instead of blowing the lid off of Lafayette and becoming the best place to be.
    For the record you and WestUCajun have a lot in common. Both VC and UL graduates.

2. Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    I’d like to meet more USL grads
    I know that's just a date stamp, but as an outsider, to me, all USL grads are LOUISIANA grads.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    For the record you and WestUCajun have a lot in common. Both VC and UL graduates.
    Wish I was a graduate. Lol

I’m just a dumb drop out who lucked out. Hard work does pay off though, had I worked as hard in school as I did post deployment I would have had a 4.0 and possibly a UL HOF career.

But I was a very bad student. Time management was horrible.

Actually under the new donor model adopted a few years back, everyone who has completed one semester at UL is an official member of the alumni association. If you donate $50 ($25 for alumni who have graduated less than five years) to the loyalty fund then you become a loyalty fund member with voting rights.

As far as communications, we are aware of the issues but be aware that we are reliant on the university. The alumni staff cannot send out mass communications or update social media. This has been a big complaint from the association board and it appears that the office of Advancement is taking steps to improve support of the association.

I totally agree that we have to strive to be the best and be aggressive in achieving that goal. Our current board is also in complete agreement that as the de facto flagship university in the UL system we need to do more to promote our school. If you get Alumni Accents, read the incoming President’s letter, it will give you insight into the goals of the association

If you completed on semester you are an official University of Louisiana Alumni Association member. So welcome aboard!

I’m just a dumb drop out who lucked out. Hard work does pay off though, had I worked as hard in school as I did post deployment I would have had a 4.0 and possibly a UL HOF career.

HOF for what?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    HOF for what?
    T&F but like I said before. I was not a dedicated student athlete.

I would have been 3x SBC Champ in the Javelin and possibly 2x SBC champ decathlete.

Instead I was a poor student and fell behind of APR degree %.

I thought you had went back to school?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    We plan on bar hopping a little bit downtown Friday night. Do you remember the name of the place that's owned by the UL people?
    Where are you or anyone staying Friday night? Downtown?

We have an Airbnb near Callahan's

You did the smart thing. I have an undergrad and a masters both from UL and they haven’t done a single thing for me. Hate to say it, but that MBA program is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I thought you had went back to school?
    I’m have roughly 90 credit hours towards a degree. I sent my wife back to school for her 2nd degree, though.

I’m have roughly 90 credit hours towards a degree. I sent my wife back to school for her 2nd degree, though.
    IIRC, all credits remain 'active' for 10 years, so if it's within that time frame you can still build on those 90 hours. Might be worth looking into...90 hours is a lot to go to waste.

Also, whenever you re-take a course, the highest grades are the only ones that count towards your GPA. So if you first got a D then an A the 2nd time around the A is the only one that counts. I learned that myself, lol.

Picked up my USA tickets this morning. I think I was the first one to do so. Go get you some.

USA had 4 fumbles against Alcorn and won by 7. That’s a lot of fumbles.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information