Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: Football at USA

Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    This to me is the most short sided thought process in the world.

25.00 is great, to turn people away that would donate is absurd.
    I know you have to plan for amounts, but you bring extra. It’s a cost worth incurring as opposed to turning people away like the Texas AA tailgate.
    $25 if you preregister
    $50 for walk ups

If you run out of beer, send someone to the store.

2. Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    $25 if you preregister
    $50 for walk ups

If you run out of beer, send someone to the store.
    This right here. And I said this in Austin.

I'd like to know how many times they have run out of Jambalaya since this has started.

4. Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I'd like to know how many times they have run out of Jambalaya since this has started.
    1 time is too many.
    The folks to that run these events need to understand that it’s a job. We’re hosting and recruiting members and donors. Their job is to be prepared, ready to adjust and do whatever is necessary to be good hosts. Even if that means running to the store or making more food.

We should NEVER turn away a paying customer for AA.

Just a heads up it's a little over a half a mile from your alumni tailgate to the stadium. I heard against S Miss, shuttles were slow and not many of them. I'd keep an eye on the time (so you don't miss kick) and probably plan on walking. Same goes for after the game.

Also, parking near the stadium if for season ticket holders only. I saw a lot of S Miss and Alcorn St fans sitting in traffic and then having to turn around to find other parking because they were in the wrong line.

New stadium is really nice and tailgating/atmosphere is great but parking is kind of a mess. They're expecting a huge crowd so make sure you have a parking plan before heading out.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    This to me is the most short sided thought process in the world.

25.00 is great, to turn people away that would donate is absurd.
    I know you have to plan for amounts, but you bring extra. It’s a cost worth incurring as opposed to turning people away like the Texas AA tailgate.
    People weren't turned away in Austin, just like they won't be in Mobile. They just won't get a ticket to eat, that is what they need to plan for. We had friends in Austin that met us, they just didn't eat.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileBama View Post
    Just a heads up it's a little over a half a mile from your alumni tailgate to the stadium. I heard against S Miss, shuttles were slow and not many of them. I'd keep an eye on the time (so you don't miss kick) and probably plan on walking. Same goes for after the game.

Also, parking near the stadium if for season ticket holders only. I saw a lot of S Miss and Alcorn St fans sitting in traffic and then having to turn around to find other parking because they were in the wrong line.

New stadium is really nice and tailgating/atmosphere is great but parking is kind of a mess. They're expecting a huge crowd so make sure you have a parking plan before heading out.
    We were planning on ubering to the stadium (well tailgating area); is that allowed?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    We were planning on ubering to the stadium (well tailgating area); is that allowed?

Thanks in advance.
    Ubers can't go inside stadium lots but they can drop you off pretty close.

If you get to campus early get Uber to drop you off at 6390 Old Shell Rd and it's short walk to tailgate area.

If you get to campus closer to kickoff traffic getting onto campus will be backed up so get your Uber to drop you off at Heroes sports bar and walk across the street.

If you're trying to get to the alumni tailgate get Uber to drop you off at the Mitchell Center

Keep in mind the stadium is brand new so a lot of Uber drivers will have no clue where to drop you if you just say South Alabama stadium. They may even take you to the Jags old stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileBama View Post
    Ubers can't go inside stadium lots but they can drop you off pretty close.

If you get to campus early get Uber to drop you off at 6390 Old Shell Rd and it's short walk to tailgate area.

If you get to campus closer to kickoff traffic getting onto campus will be backed up so get your Uber to drop you off at Heroes sports bar and walk across the street.

If you're trying to get to the alumni tailgate get Uber to drop you off at the Mitchell Center

Keep in mind the stadium is brand new so a lot of Uber drivers will have no clue where to drop you if you just say South Alabama stadium. They may even take you to the Jags old stadium.
    That is very good information, thank you for posting! I owe you a few beers!

I'll just get the address for the Mitchell Center.

Do you anticipate any Uber issues post game? Maybe a little walk to Heroes sports bar then Uber.

That is very good information, thank you for posting! I owe you a few beers!

I'll just get the address for the Mitchell Center.

Do you anticipate any Uber issues post game? Maybe a little walk to Heroes sports bar then Uber.
    Glad to help! It shouldn't be an issue as long as you get away from the stadium. You could schedule a pick up after the game so you don't have to worry about it.

Heroes will be closed as will all chain bars/restaurants in the area so I'd use the Mitchell Center as a pick up spot. Or if you're up for it you could walk to the Holiday Inn and call from there. Might be easier for Uber or cab to get in and out

Unfortunately not a whole lot of places to hang out and wait for Uber after game

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Do you know where the team is staying in Mobile?
    Renaissance Downtown. Next door to where we stayed for the Bowl Game.

People weren't turned away in Austin, just like they won't be in Mobile. They just won't get a ticket to eat, that is what they need to plan for. We had friends in Austin that met us, they just didn't eat.
    If by turn away you mean not allowed to sit then you are right, they let every one under the tent.

They most certainly turned away people from the beer line and food line, even if those people offered to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Renaissance Downtown. Next door to where we stayed for the Bowl Game.
    Thanks! Are they staying Saturday night, or coming back after the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Thanks! Are they staying Saturday night, or coming back after the game?
    Never stay after a game unless the plane breaks down or it is a bowl game.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread Information