Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Football at USA

Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Picked up my USA tickets this morning. I think I was the first one to do so. Go get you some.
    Beau...did you order & buy your tickets thru our ticket dept or South AL ? If thru our side, who did you contact ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    Beau...did you order & buy your tickets thru our ticket dept or South AL ? If thru our side, who did you contact ? Thanks
    Went by the Cajundome this morning. They have the tickets. Section 130, row 1.

3. Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I was told by the Alumni Assoc. director that a bus trip had been planned but had to be scrapped because the game time is still unknown. They had to contract for the bus with a time by now. If the game is scheduled at say, 11:00 am, it wouldn't work.
    It was a pretty well known fact that the game was never going to be a morning slot. Those are just excuses. And in my view, too damn many excuses are made with the current leadership of the alumni association.

4. Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    I think the students that receive over $100,000 in scholarships care.

So do all the alumni and I would hope members of the athletic department that attended the Kickoff party in Houston cares, as did the alumni who attended the kickoff party and tailgating in Austin.

I think the department deans that the association supports care.

So do all the students recognized by the alumni association for being selected as outstanding graduates by the association.

Also think all of the Alumni Association gala honorees care.

I think Dr Savoie, the office of Advancement, the office of development, the office of student affairs, the office of enrollment management, and all of the other departments the association supports care.

Also I think the fans who attend all of the events at bowl games and events like the Wally Pontiff Classic should care.

I also think that the UL students affected by hurricane Ida who received support by the Alumni Association fundraiser cares.

All this carried out by a staff of seven employees and a host of volunteers who care.

And by the way, the busses to South Al were never setup, so they couldn’t be canceled.

While our income has dropped due to cancellation of every fundraiser in 2020 because of Covid and a change in our funding model which no longer requires dues to be an alumni association member, there is an uptick in donations.

At the Houston kickoff, we received over $1000 in loyalty fund donations. While nowhere near enough, it is a sign that more alumni care and the association is not heading to oblivion.

If you think any of the things mentioned above are worth doing, then donate to the Alumni Association Loyalty fund.

If you don’t think those events and programs are not important and not worth doing, it shows you really don’t care about the university.
    I was told that the chapter head in Houston didn't even show up to the event. If true, totally unacceptable and indicative of why our largest alumni base in a the 4th largest city in America is WOEFULLY under performing for this university.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It was a pretty well known fact that the game was never going to be a morning slot. Those are just excuses. And in my view, too damn many excuses are made with the current leadership of the alumni association.
    Care to expand on that?

Totally agree on Post 79!

I can assure you that the leadership of the association had no idea that the game would not be played in the morning. Exactly what excuses are you referring too and BTW do you know who the leadership of the association is and how long they have been in that position?

8. Default Re: Football at USA

I can assure you that the leadership of the association had no idea that the game would not be played in the morning. Exactly what excuses are you referring too and BTW do you know who the leadership of the association is and how long they have been in that position?
    I’m very familiar with them. In fact, I’ve reached out on several occasions to try and highlight the chapters of Houston / metro plex / Atlanta / New Orleans on the podcast multiple times. I’ve even emailed you twice, looking for some way to get the word out or help promote the cause. I was told you’d email me back with some names but never got that follow up.

Regardless of all that, we have serious issues within the entirety of the alumni association mission. An alumni base this large, in these cities, with this much exciting news happening over the last decade across all of athletics, with THIS coach and THIS AD, we should be doing so much more. The RCAF initiative that was discussed right before Covid about the smaller cells of outreach; did that ever happen? I volunteered to help out. I’ve never been contacted further than the initial conversation.

We should be bringing in 5x the money and 10x the participation than what we’re doing now and over the last 15 years. I understand the challenges and I certainly get the staffing issues but I find it extremely hard to believe that Bryan Maggard wouldn’t be open to focusing some attention and maybe even resources to help heal what ails the AA.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    IIRC, all credits remain 'active' for 10 years, so if it's within that time frame you can still build on those 90 hours. Might be worth looking into...90 hours is a lot to go to waste.

Also, whenever you re-take a course, the highest grades are the only ones that count towards your GPA. So if you first got a D then an A the 2nd time around the A is the only one that counts. I learned that myself, lol.
    It would be a waste of time, plus it’s been over 10 years. It wouldn’t help me in my profession.

I’m very familiar with them. In fact, I’ve reached out on several occasions to try and highlight the chapters of Houston / metro plex / Atlanta / New Orleans on the podcast multiple times. I’ve even emailed you twice, looking for some way to get the word out or help promote the cause. I was told you’d email me back with some names but never got that follow up.

Regardless of all that, we have serious issues within the entirety of the alumni association mission. An alumni base this large, in these cities, with this much exciting news happening over the last decade across all of athletics, with THIS coach and THIS AD, we should be doing so much more. The RCAF initiative that was discussed right before Covid about the smaller cells of outreach; did that ever happen? I volunteered to help out. I’ve never been contacted further than the initial conversation.

We should be bringing in 5x the money and 10x the participation than what we’re doing now and over the last 15 years. I understand the challenges and I certainly get the staffing issues but I find it extremely hard to believe that Bryan Maggard wouldn’t be open to focusing some attention and maybe even resources to help heal what ails the AA.
    Never got an email from you

11. Default Re: Football at USA

Never got an email from you
    You responded to the email. Said you were leaving for vacation but would call me when you got back.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It would be a waste of time, plus it’s been over 10 years. It wouldn’t help me in my profession.
    Nope.

Evidently sent to the wrong person

14. Default Re: Football at USA

Since no busses, where is my buddy that has the trolley service? Maybe we can get a trolley full of paying customers to Mobile?

Since no busses, where is my buddy that has the trolley service? Maybe we can get a trolley full of paying customers to Mobile?
    I have known WestUCajun for a while and talk with him a few times a week. He is a first class guy who is a Cajun thru and thru. I am not sure if he would want but might be worth asking him to join a pod one day? Just a thought.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information