Thread: Football at USA

Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    You are correct!

251 Dauphin Street
    http://www.lodabeer.com/#loda-bier-garden

Game time will be announced Monday.

And, imo, the decision to cancel is another reason why the alumni association is fading into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

And, imo, the decision to cancel is another reason why the alumni association is fading into oblivion.
    It's been circling oblivian for years and Is about to crash into the sea of no one cares....

I was told by the Alumni Assoc. director that a bus trip had been planned but had to be scrapped because the game time is still unknown. They had to contract for the bus with a time by now. If the game is scheduled at say, 11:00 am, it wouldn't work.

5. Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I was told by the Alumni Assoc. director that a bus trip had been planned but had to be scrapped because the game time is still unknown. They had to contract for the bus with a time by now. If the game is scheduled at say, 11:00 am, it wouldn't work.
    Make it a Gocation and add an early stop in case the game is late.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It's been circling oblivian for years and Is about to crash into the sea of no one cares....
    I believe my podna WestUCajun would like to have a conversation with you. He could definitely fill you guys in with the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I think the students that receive over $100,000 in scholarships care.

So do all the alumni and I would hope members of the athletic department that attended the Kickoff party in Houston cares, as did the alumni who attended the kickoff party and tailgating in Austin.

I think the department deans that the association supports care.

So do all the students recognized by the alumni association for being selected as outstanding graduates by the association.

Also think all of the Alumni Association gala honorees care.

I think Dr Savoie, the office of Advancement, the office of development, the office of student affairs, the office of enrollment management, and all of the other departments the association supports care.

Also I think the fans who attend all of the events at bowl games and events like the Wally Pontiff Classic should care.

I also think that the UL students affected by hurricane Ida who received support by the Alumni Association fundraiser cares.

All this carried out by a staff of seven employees and a host of volunteers who care.

And by the way, the busses to South Al were never setup, so they couldn’t be canceled.

While our income has dropped due to cancellation of every fundraiser in 2020 because of Covid and a change in our funding model which no longer requires dues to be an alumni association member, there is an uptick in donations.

At the Houston kickoff, we received over $1000 in loyalty fund donations. While nowhere near enough, it is a sign that more alumni care and the association is not heading to oblivion.

If you think any of the things mentioned above are worth doing, then donate to the Alumni Association Loyalty fund.

If you don’t think those events and programs are not important and not worth doing, it shows you really don’t care about the university.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post

So do all the alumni and I would hope members of the athletic department that attended the Kickoff party in Houston cares, as did the alumni who attended the kickoff party and tailgating in Austin.

So do all the students recognized by the alumni association for being selected as outstanding graduates by the association.

I think Dr Savoie, the office of Advancement, the office of development, the office of student affairs, the office of enrollment management, and all of the other departments the association supports care.

Also I think the fans who attend all of the events at bowl games and events like the Wally Pontiff Classic should care.

I also think that the UL students affected by hurricane Ida who received support by the Alumni Association fundraiser cares.

All this carried out by a staff of seven employees and a host of volunteers who care.

And by the way, the busses to South Al were never setup, so they couldn’t be canceled.

While our income has dropped due to cancellation of every fundraiser in 2020 because of Covid and a change in our funding model which no longer requires dues to be an alumni association member, there is an uptick in donations.

At the Houston kickoff, we received over $1000 in loyalty fund donations. While nowhere near enough, it is a sign that more alumni care and the association is not heading to oblivion.

If you think any of the things mentioned above are worth doing, then donate to the Alumni Association Loyalty fund.

If you don’t think those events and programs are not important and not worth doing, it shows you really don’t care about the university.
    Somebody is triggered. If you really cared you would try to find out why everyone thinks the way they do about the alumni association instead of getting defensive. Bragging about something not being canceled bc you didn’t do it isn’t a good way to start

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Somebody is triggered. If you really cared you would try to find out why everyone thinks the way they do about the alumni association instead of getting defensive. Bragging about something not being canceled bc you didn’t do it isn’t a good way to start
    Jay mentioned it was headed to oblivian...we had a reunion of sorts during the Nicholls weekend. Most of the 15 to attend were out of towners. All but 1 graduated from USL. That 1 person attended for 3+ years. None of them knew anything about the growth and improvements of our school. All were stunned it had grown and improved as it has. Isn't outreach to ALL alumni job one for Alumni Assoc?...There are hundreds of posts on RP about the "not caring" coming from our alumni assoc.

They canceled the buses.
    Any idea why? I’ve gone on alumni buses in the past and that’s the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Damn right I’m pizzed off. Tired of people blaming the association for things they don’t have control over and put downs by people who are clueless on what the association does.

Also not bragging about not canceling the bus trip, just stating facts, How would you have gone about setting up a bus trip where you would at best break even and possibly having to pick up the cost of the entire trip. Would you be willing to foot the entire bill?

Evidently there are things you think the Alumni Association did that you didn’t like or should be doing and you feel aren’t done. Let me know but be specific. The association is always willing to listen and act if they can. You can PM me with your suggestions if you like. BTW are you a loyalty fund donor? If so, thank you

Damn right I’m pizzed off. Tired of people blaming the association for things they don’t have control over and put downs by people who are clueless on what the association does.

Also not bragging about not canceling the bus trip, just stating facts, How would you have gone about setting up a bus trip where you would at best break even and possibly having to pick up the cost of the entire trip. Would you be willing to foot the entire bill?

Evidently there are things you think the Alumni Association did that you didn’t like or should be doing and you feel aren’t done. Let me know but be specific. The association is always willing to listen and act if they can. You can PM me with your suggestions if you like. BTW are you a loyalty fund donor? If so, thank you
    15 of me and my broke ax friends chartered a bus to college station when we were in school. Yes I’d roll the dice as the alumni Association and bet that I had done a good enough job with contacts to break even on a bus trip to mobile.

After talking to you I knew that you would let the facts be known. Thanks for all that you do.

Just a quick question, how many people are considered Alumni of UL since our first bowl game?

Of that number how many are actually a member of the Alumni Association?

Have those people been contacted and informed about what this university is doing in regards to advancement or athletics?

Has the Alumni Association attempted to get “events” to gather those people at Cajun games?

UL as fans, as a university and as an administration have suffered from Stockholm Syndrome for far too long. Many actually believe the best that we can be is mediocre. Instead of blowing the lid off of Lafayette and becoming the best place to be.

Granted communications from the Alumni Association can be better. All of the communications from the Alumni Association go through the office of development and is mainly through social media an email. The association and office of development is well aware of the issue and is looking at doing more communication by mail and possibly text messaging.

Currently the only way the university has to reach you is by the contact information that is in it’s database. If you haven’t updated your contact info, that may why you haven’t heard anything from the association.

The school is making some money progress on updates because a number of alum I spoke to have received communications.

I am also a graduate from USL in 1979 and did not receive any info from the school as we moved quite often. It wasn’t until we landed in Houston in mid 2000 when I started receiving regular communications, so I understand.

About not caring, I don’t recall seeing many about the Alumni Association but of the RCAF. Where is your tailgate tent? Let me know and I’ll stop by. I’d like to meet more USL grads

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information