Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Football at USA

1. Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    They canceled the buses.
    Cancel culture knows no bounds.

Default Re: Football at USA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Now there's an outfit that needs a swift kick in the rear.
    I'm currently emailing them begging them to take my money. They haven't processed a donation since June despite having my monthly 2021-22 pledge on file.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    This is about creating expectations of the fans & students to attend away football games. The marketing and ticket office need to do better at communicating to us. We are part of the cULture. Does the alumni association have buses going there?
    Was told that without a game time set, the association could not take the chance of reserving one because the bus has to be paid for in advance and cannot be cancelled. If ESPN decided the game is to be played at 11:00 am, which is a good possibility, the bus could not get there in time.

If more fans would donate to the loyalty fund, then the association would have enough cash to take the risk. How to donate to the loyalty fund

https://alumni.louisiana.edu/node/346

It's only $50.00 per year

For those that are going, the alumni association is going to have a tailgate tent set up at So Al stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Was told that without a game time set, the association could not take the chance of reserving one because the bus has to be paid for in advance and cannot be cancelled. If ESPN decided the game is to be played at 11:00 am, which is a good possibility, the bus could not get there in time.

If more fans would donate to the loyalty fund, then the association would have enough cash to take the risk. How to donate to the loyalty fund

https://alumni.louisiana.edu/node/346

It's only $50.00 per year

For those that are going, the alumni association is going to have a tailgate tent set up at So Al stadium.
    Makes too much sense...we don't need this type posting on RP

I was hoping we would have a Friday night alumni get together like 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I was hoping we would have a Friday night alumni get together like 2 years ago.
    I am hoping / planning on the same thing. The Friday night place was run/owned by a UL grad, if I remember correctly!

We plan on bar hopping a little bit downtown Friday night. Do you remember the name of the place that's owned by the UL people?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    We plan on bar hopping a little bit downtown Friday night. Do you remember the name of the place that's owned by the UL people?
    We will be there

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    We will be there
    Are those bars next to the Exxon station? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I think it was Loda Bier Garten.

Ok, we were there for a bit at the bowl game.

You are correct!

251 Dauphin Street

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    We will be there
    Nice! Heading back early Sunday to meet my nephew for the Saints/Giants game.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I'll tell you, that game should be a must see for Cajun fans.

My understanding is Hancock/Whitney stadium is top notch. They're our second closest conference mate (a little less than four hours.)

And, there's a good chance they may be undefeated when we play them. They are 2-0 with Alcorn State this weekend and a bye week before our game.

They have a new coach and it looks like he's got some good things going there.

Fans need to make the trip IMO.
    Any idea when game time for the South Alabama game will be announced. I presume it is sometime this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Any idea when game time for the South Alabama game will be announced. I presume it is sometime this coming week.
    I agree. I seem to remember 10 days prior to game day.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information