Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Montrell Johnson Apreciation Thread

1. Default Re: Montrell Johnson Apreciation Thread

MJ's coming out party alleviates one of my biggest concerns this year.

Default Re: Montrell Johnson Apreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    MJ's coming out party alleviates one of my biggest concerns this year.
    yes and add Baily and what started out as a weakness or "concern" is now becoming a offensive 3 headed weapon that will definitely open up the passing game. Just wish we had discovered this in the opening game of the season.

While I’m glad the running game had a coming out party I’m not gonna get too excited. Let’s pump the brakes a bit. It was fricking Ohio

4. Default Re: Montrell Johnson Apreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Yeah he looked very good. I think Williams and the kid from Carencro will both get redshirted. They are the long term future behind Johnson and Bailey.
    …..and the Juluke stable of great RBs grows….man he has about 5 guys in the NFL now!

Smith is not the bruiser back that we've had in years back. From the Texas game I've thought Johnson should be the #1 back. Bailey showed he has the ability to run guys over and should be #2. Smith has the quickness to only run by you. I actually saw Smith on the sideline mad and Juluke had to calm him down. I couldn't hear what he was saying but Ide bet it was the fact that Johnson and Bailey were getting the bulk of the carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Smith is not the bruiser back that we've had in years back. From the Texas game I've thought Johnson should be the #1 back. Bailey showed he has the ability to run guys over and should be #2. Smith has the quickness to only run by you. I actually saw Smith on the sideline mad and Juluke had to calm him down. I couldn't hear what he was saying but Ide bet it was the fact that Johnson and Bailey were getting the bulk of the carriers.
    I don't think so...this ain't the NFL..

Im also going to pump the brakes. I love the kid getting four TDs and I think he’s gonna be a stud but he’s young right now. My biggest hair pulling related to the run game in the last game was shy we didn’t just continue to run down their throats in the second quarter.

Run, run, run and wear down the defense. It will pay off in the second half, especially against almost any G5 who isn’t as deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I love Chris smith but he may be the worst of the three running backs. Montrell looks to be a stud, and if he improves he will be our next rb drafted
    Chris Smith excelled as the 3rd back the last few year because of the style of RB he is. To ask him to be #1 is not setting him up to be successful in my opinion.

It looked like on a kickoff return smith was wobbly coming off the field.
    May have limited his carries over concerns

MJ is the type of #1 back we need. He is elusive, has vision, plenty of speed, and can break tackles. I like Smith and Bailey as change-up backs, a burst of speed through the hole and they are gone.

11. Default Re: Montrell Johnson Apreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    MJ is the type of #1 back we need. He is elusive, has vision, plenty of speed, and can break tackles. I like Smith and Bailey as change-up backs, a burst of speed through the hole and they are gone.
    ….I don’t know but I don’t think that Johnson has the speed of Smith and Bailey….I know that it is a different position but Smith was first team All American KOReturner!….I remember Bustle’s gripe about his great back (Fenroy) was that he couldn’t take it to the house on long runs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information