Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Sounds, Highs and Lows

Tickets Game Sounds, Highs and Lows

I did a little research on the sound system used at the football games. Here's what I find out.

The university does not own the sound system. It is being "rented" from a company. A company, whose owners are obviously, proud of how powerful the system is.

The speakers are flown in the air in a line array system, with the subwoofers on the ground. It is similar to what is used at a concert. It is designed to provide maximum volume.

There is an audio person in the press box with his finger on the volume button. I do not know who that person is. However, I do know the person in charge of event management is associate athletic director John Dugas.

If you couldn't talk to the person next to you, and, as of today, you are experiencing ringing in your ears, I suggest you give John a call and tell him your concerns. His phone number is 482-1296. His email is johndugas@louisiana.edu. If he listens to your concerns, that is, if he can still hear after Saturday night, he may decide to lower the volume.

2. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

If ROARman says its loud it is loud.

Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

In another thread I remarked the volume will be lower this game.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    In another thread I remarked the volume will be lower this game.
    Jay I think most people would agree that the music while loud is fine. The PA was unbelievably loud.

O. K., Jay. Sorry I missed your post. So, do you sit next to the guy with his finger on the volume button?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Jay I think most people would agree that the music while loud is fine. The PA was unbelievably loud.
    Agreed. It's been addressed.

What did he say? Signed, the 25,000 who suffered hearing loss at CF...

If you or someone on your family has suffered a hearing loss, ear issues or Ringing in your ears after attending the UL vs. Nicholls football game on September 11. Call us today at 1 800 loud pa. Signed, Morris Bart

The audio Saturday night at Cajun Field was the best it has ever sounded.

It was powerful and intimidating. It was Cajun Field on Saturday Night.

Strength not weakness.

CAJUNS FOOTBALL.

10. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiKapCajun View Post

Strength not weakness.

CAJUNS FOOTBALL.
    I like your swagger.

11. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Strength not weakness.

CAJUNS FOOTBALL.
    LOL

Louder Oh LOUDER

In my opinion, it wasn't that bad. Stadium music is supposed to be loud and energizing. The volume of the PA will next be complained about when it is too low.

13. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Can we give the cheerleaders power boosted megaphones?

Similar to the speaking trumpets Louisiana used in the 1920's and beyond

Strength not weakness.

CAJUNS FOOTBALL.
    All of the casual fans could not carry on a conversation, due to the loud music. I appreciate the attendance numbers, but half of my section was oblivious of a game taking place.

If it was a work site, hearing protection would be required. It is definitely an OSHA violation. The University is exposing itself to a liability that can easily be avoided. I will definitely have my decibel meter on and recording on Thursday night. If it is above the threshold decibel level you can rest assured John Dugas will get an email from me. Saturday night was totally UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

Ringing in the ears is called Tinitus and is caused by exposure to loud noise over an extended period of time. If you cannot carry on a conversation without yelling in the face of the person you are talking to, it's too loud and hearing protection is required. Look it up on the OSHA web site.

I am not encouraging anybody to go to games until they do something about the loud PA system. I do not want to expose them to that. It is a health issue that can easily be avoided. I have been wearing hearing protection at games for some time now because I have Tinitus and don't want it to get worse. There is no cure for Tinitus.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information