Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Game Sounds, Highs and Lows

1. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Why do you sound so disappointed?

Will you still be emailing Dugas? What about your lawyer?
    Leading a witness your honor.

2. Default Re: Game Sounds, Highs and Lows

Let’s face it, this administration pays attention and is not afraid to admit and take corrective action when merited.

We were certainly not used to that with previous administration, but get used to it now.

3. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Leading a witness your honor.
    This is pretty darn close to practicing law without a license here. But I like it.

Default Re: Game Sounds, Highs and Lows

We sit in the upper deck and were very happy with the volume of all sound coming from the speaker system last night.

Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    As I said last Monday, the PA would be turned down. You must not have read that considering how much railing you did all week long.
    Jay, in defensive of those who complained about how loud the sound was Saturday night, you're sitting in an enclosed area and you have headphones on. So, you were not getting the full blast of sound.

Big Tuna sounding like a little minnow was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Jay, in defensive of those who complained about how loud the sound was Saturday night, you're sitting in an enclosed area and you have headphones on. So, you were not getting the full blast of sound.

I totally agree. But this was addressed on the board on Monday. I said it would be turned down and then here comes someone threatening to sue. If he had read the whole thread he could have saved his fingers. That was my point.

Marketing and promotions had it written down with a sharpie by Monday morning. (No, ESPN had nothing to do with it, to answer someone elses question).

I'd like to personally thank Dr. Maggard and members of his staff for taking care of the sound issue. The game day experience last night was 100% better than the game day experience on Saturday.

In addition to the volume being bearable and allowing me to hear the person seated next to me, four songs were played that I actually knew. Those songs were, I Love Rock and Roll by Joan Jett and the Black Hearts, Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock You by Queen, and Dancing Queen by ABBA. All the other auto-tuned stuff by artist with very little talent I could have made on the computer in my studio in about an hour.

Anyway, great job Dr. Maggard.
    To be fair, Dancing Queen is a garbage song to be playing during a football game. The other three you cited are good in stadium songs.

If I'm sober enough to remember, I may start making lists of songs played during games. Maybe even list what SouthAl plays next Saturday for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I totally agree. But this was addressed on the board on Monday. I said it would be turned down and then here comes someone threatening to sue. If he had read the whole thread he could have saved his fingers. That was my point.

Marketing and promotions had it written down with a sharpie by Monday morning. (No, ESPN had nothing to do with it, to answer someone elses question).
    Do you know if our athletic department has any input with ESPN regarding their showing footage of our campus and athletic facilities? ESPN did show about 10 seconds inside the lobby of the APC, but that was it. Seems like filling their air time with a couple of minutes promoting UL would be something they would want. I remember past interviews with ADs at half time, but didn't see that either. I would hope they would give the university a couple of minutes to showcase itself on national tv. I suspect UL marketing people are all over this, but curious as to ESPN's response since it is not being shown.

I’m no Florida fan but I can’t help but get chills when they play Tom Petty “won’t back down” at the beginning of the 4th quarter and the whole stadium including the players and coaches sing along. Tom Petty is far from modern day music and the 18-22 year olds are singing and dancing to it. Just has to be the right song.

Both schools are given a :30 to promote themselves. Most of the time, but not all, you see those at half time. Those are not paid for, ESPN gives that time.

Big Tuna?

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    I’m no Florida fan but I can’t help but get chills when they play Tom Petty “won’t back down” at the beginning of the 4th quarter and the whole stadium including the players and coaches sing along. Tom Petty is far from modern day music and the 18-22 year olds are singing and dancing to it. Just has to be the right song.
    Nothing can beat Metallica when "Enter Sandman" is belted out to lead the Hokies onto the field at Virginia Tech. The crowd is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Nothing can beat Metallica when "Enter Sandman" is belted out to lead the Hokies onto the field at Virginia Tech. The crowd is unreal.
    Could the POA play that? Probably not....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    To be fair, Dancing Queen is a garbage song to be playing during a football game. The other three you cited are good in stadium songs.

If I'm sober enough to remember, I may start making lists of songs played during games. Maybe even list what SouthAl plays next Saturday for comparison.
    They could always reach out to former members of the Krewe de Chew for song suggestions!!!! LOL!!!

You know how, at the end of the third quarter
    Wisconsin does "Jump Around"
    Florida does "I Won't Back Down."

Louisiana can do "Can't Roosta Like You Used-ta"

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information