Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Game Sounds, Highs and Lows

Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

The PA volume was appropriate tonight. As a crowd maybe we needed some caffeine shots. But the PA volume is better.

The problem IMO: The band playing that irritating tune between plays Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. they need to be more creative imo.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    The problem IMO: The band playing that irritating tune between plays Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. they need to be more creative imo.
    Not a band expert, but they have a tune for each down. All college bands do that.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    Not a band expert, but they have a tune for each down. All college bands do that.
    Yeah, that was getting old. At least it wasn’t the ESPN one. That makes me want to open a vein.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    The PA volume was appropriate tonight. As a crowd maybe we needed some caffeine shots. But the PA volume is better.
    Average decibel level in the first half was 70.8 with a maximum of 83.7. You could carry on a conversation without having to yell at the person next to you. It does not change the fact that everybody that did not have hearing protection at the Nichols game had some permanent hearing loss as a result of the loud PA. I reckon Dr Maggard got the message and that won't happen again.

I'd like to personally thank Dr. Maggard and members of his staff for taking care of the sound issue. The game day experience last night was 100% better than the game day experience on Saturday.

In addition to the volume being bearable and allowing me to hear the person seated next to me, four songs were played that I actually knew. Those songs were, I Love Rock and Roll by Joan Jett and the Black Hearts, Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock You by Queen, and Dancing Queen by ABBA. All the other auto-tuned stuff by artist with very little talent I could have made on the computer in my studio in about an hour.

Anyway, great job Dr. Maggard.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I'd like to personally thank Dr. Maggard and members of his staff for taking care of the sound issue. The game day experience last night was 100% better than the game day experience on Saturday.

In addition to the volume being bearable and allowing me to hear the person seated next to me, four songs were played that I actually knew. Those songs were, I Love Rock and Roll by Joan Jett and the Black Hearts, Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock You by Queen, and Dancing Queen by ABBA. All the other auto-tuned stuff by artist with very little talent I could have made on the computer in my studio in about an hour.

Anyway, great job Dr. Maggard.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Average decibel level in the first half was 70.8 with a maximum of 83.7. You could carry on a conversation without having to yell at the person next to you. It does not change the fact that everybody that did not have hearing protection at the Nichols game had some permanent hearing loss as a result of the loud PA. I reckon Dr Maggard got the message and that won't happen again.
    As I said last Monday, the PA would be turned down. You must not have read that considering how much railing you did all week long.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    As I said last Monday, the PA would be turned down. You must not have read that considering how much railing you did all week long.
    I'll admit I was wrong, sound level was very tolerable...

way to low on the volume tonight and I am in an area closer to the speakers, probably was really low on the other end of the stadium

11. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    way to low on the volume tonight and I am in an area closer to the speakers, probably was really low on the other end of the stadium
    The levee absorbs sound.

If it sounds good by the levee it is way to loud everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Why do you sound so disappointed?

Will you still be emailing Dugas? What about your lawyer?

Default Re: Game Sounds, Highs and Lows

Geezus, some of you guys need to read what youre posting. Do you know what you sound like?

I just wonder... if ESPN had anything to do with the volume being turned down for a national broadcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I just wonder... if ESPN had anything to do with the volume being turned down for a national broadcast?
    Probably just Maggard responding to the people. Hes been doing that for a while now. I know we arent used to it, but its happening.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information