Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Sounds, Highs and Lows

Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    ….hey you kids, get off of my lawn
    You need to get off of Helmet's case. I've been a drummer and musician all of my life. I have tinitus. You want to trade ears with me? If you don't, then shut up. You seem to think it's funny. It's not. So again, shut up.

I was telling a good friend, I hope someone brings a decibel meter to the game. I am glad Helmet is. I wish he would have had one Saturday night so he could have gauged how outrageous it was.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    You need to get off of Helmet's case. I've been a drummer and musician all of my life. I have tinitus. You want to trade ears with me? If you don't, then shut up. You seem to think it's funny. It's not. So again, shut up.

I was telling a good friend, I hope someone brings a decibel meter to the game. I am glad Helmet is. I wish he would have had one Saturday night so he could have gauged how outrageous it was.
    I think the level, although lower, will still be too loud. You can't tell me the guy running the audio board wasn't told it was too loud during the game. You could have lowered the volumn by half and it would still be too loud...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I think the level, although lower, will still be too loud. You can't tell me the guy running the audio board wasn't told it was too loud during the game. You could have lowered the volumn by half and it would still be too loud...

some people here would _____ no matter what, its to hot its to cold lines are to long, not enough vendors music is to loud. Really if you hate it so much stay home

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I do not go to concerts and movies. I do not subject myself to loud noises. I wear hearing protection when i cut my grass or use power equipment. On job sites I wear hearing protection. I go to football games and wear hearing protection. It's the people who don't know better that the university is harming. Whether They are doing it intentionally or not is beside the point. They are damaging people's hearing and it has got to stop.
    So why not educate the university as well on what they’re doing that they don’t realize. You’re making it sound like if your meter says it’s too loud you’re going to sue the school.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    some people here would _____ no matter what, its to hot its to cold lines are to long, not enough vendors music is to loud. Really if you hate it so much stay home
    It's too bad you don't know the difference between to and too. Looks like you left your brain at home.

He won't get an email from me he will get one from my Lawyer.
    You can't be serious? If so they have some lower tier lawyers on this board who can give you bad advice.

7. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    USL/UL has been sending that message to former fans for over 40 years.

Maggard is flipping the script

1 thing about marketing in sports is that it is not effective to tell the customers that they are wrong. The NFL can get away with it but not too many others. It just seems silly to have the 1 huge speaker in the north end zone instead of multiple speakers spread throughout the stadium.

9. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You can't be serious? If so they have some lower tier lawyers on this board who can give you bad advise.
    It’s advice. You just can’t help but being a jerk - a true board bully.

He won't get an email from me he will get one from my Lawyer.
    Ya ears in pain? Call Blain. He’ll work for you.

You can't be serious? If so they have some lower tier lawyers on this board who can give you bad advice.
    All one has to do is find a lawyer that is an LSU grad file a motion in front of a judge that is also an LSU grad and poof. You have a case. That's how it's done In case you hadn't noticed. Make the university stand up in court and say it's their policy to do permanent hearing loss to everyone that shows up at a sporting event. It's all about optics.

Find a industrial hygienist or audiologist to testify that exposure to noise of 90 decibels or more for 3 hours can cause damage.

All one has to do is find a lawyer that is an LSU grad file a motion in front of a judge that is also an LSU grad and poof. You have a case. That's how it's done In case you hadn't noticed. Make the university stand up in court and say it's their policy to do permanent hearing loss to everyone that shows up at a sporting event. It's all about optics.

Find a industrial hygienist or audiologist to testify that exposure to noise of 90 decibels or more for 3 hours can cause damage.
    Well today is your lucky day. Some of those lower tier lawyers that I mentioned actually are LSU grads, fans and raginpagin board members. Maybe they can help you and lead you in the right direction. That case will never win and you aren't force to attend the game. Have you ever been to an air show? When is the last time your meter has been certified and tested? So it is a continuous noise level for the whole 3 hours? You would get laughed out of court.

13. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Well today is your lucky day. Some of those lower tier lawyers that I mentioned actually are LSU grads, fans and raginpagin board members. Maybe they can help you and lead you in the right direction. That case will never win and you aren't force to attend the game. Have you ever been to an air show? When is the last time your meter has been certified and tested? So it is a continuous noise level for the whole 3 hours? You would get laughed out of court.
    What are your credentials to give legal advice. You do know it is against the law to practice law without a license. No, your pitiful existence as an implement or boat salesman does not count.

You are however a certifiable board bully and butthole to boot.

Ragin Pagin being Ragin Pagin on this thread!!

I’m pretty sure the legal disclaimer on the back of your ticket is all the legal coverage the university needs.

Not actual legal advice, so I sure hope some turrible, balding lawyers who frequent this site don’t accuse me of offering illegal legal services. Because, like it’s just my opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What are your credentials to give legal advice. You do know it is against the law to practice law without a license. No, your pitiful existence as an implement or boat salesman does not count.

You are however a certifiable board bully and butthole to boot.
    “Butthole to boot” just made me laugh so hard. That’s exactly what I’d expect my 12 year son to say!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information