Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Sounds, Highs and Lows

Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    If it was a work site, hearing protection would be required. It is definitely an OSHA violation. The University is exposing itself to a liability that can easily be avoided. I will definitely have my decibel meter on and recording on Thursday night. If it is above the threshold decibel level you can rest assured John Dugas will get an email from me. Saturday night was totally UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

Ringing in the ears is called Tinitus and is caused by exposure to loud noise over an extended period of time. If you cannot carry on a conversation without yelling in the face of the person you are talking to, it's too loud and hearing protection is required. Look it up on the OSHA web site.

I am not encouraging anybody to go to games until they do something about the loud PA system. It is a health issue that can easily be avoided.
    ….hey you kids, get off of my lawn

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    ….hey you kids, get off of my lawn
    I hope you get Tinitus and have to live with it the rest of your life. It's not fun.

Rest assured I will have my Decibel meter with me and If it's too loud. John Dugas will get an email from me. He will know exactly how I feel. End of story.

I hope you get Tinitus and have to live with it the rest of your life. It's not fun.

Rest assured I will have my Decibel meter with me and If it's too loud. John Dugas will get an email from me. He will know exactly how I feel. End of story.
    Oh I’m sure you got Dugas shaking in his boots scared of that email.

He won't get an email from me he will get one from my Lawyer.

He won't get an email from me he will get one from my Lawyer.
    But your post said he was going to get an email from you. Which is it?

6. Default Re: What can be done about the volume of the sound at football games?

John wears boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    John wears boots?
    It’s been raining a lot.

But your post said he was going to get an email from you. Which is it?
    Both

Both
    So let me get this straight. You are going to a football game in a stadium that is known for being loud, and you are threatening legal action if it is loud again tomorrow?

While Louisiana has technically gotten rid of the legal principle of assumption of the risk, it does have a comparative fault scheme. That is, someone who is at fault for another's damage will be assigned a percent of fault, including the person who has the alleged damage. Just so you know.

This is not legal advice.

If it was a work site, hearing protection would be required. It is definitely an OSHA violation. The University is exposing itself to a liability that can easily be avoided. I will definitely have my decibel meter on and recording on Thursday night. If it is above the threshold decibel level you can rest assured John Dugas will get an email from me. Saturday night was totally UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

Ringing in the ears is called Tinitus and is caused by exposure to loud noise over an extended period of time. If you cannot carry on a conversation without yelling in the face of the person you are talking to, it's too loud and hearing protection is required. Look it up on the OSHA web site.

I am not encouraging anybody to go to games until they do something about the loud PA system. I do not want to expose them to that. It is a health issue that can easily be avoided. I have been wearing hearing protection at games for some time now because I have Tinitus and don't want it to get worse. There is no cure for Tinitus.
    I really hope you are being facetious. Imagine going to a concert and movies and complaining about sound

Quit being a douche canoe. The PA was way too loud. I also have tinnitus and it sucks.

The music is fine. In genre and volume. The PA is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I really hope you are being facetious. Imagine going to a concert and movies and complaining about sound
    I do not go to concerts and movies. I do not subject myself to loud noises. On job sites I wear hearing protection. I go to games and wear hearing protection. It's the people who don't know better that the university is harming. Whether They are doing it intentionally or not is beside the point. They are damaging people's hearing and it has got to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Quit being a douche canoe. The PA was way too loud. I also have tinnitus and it sucks.

The music is fine. In genre and volume. The PA is retarded.
    Same here. I’ve had tinnitus for years and it is stressful. Saturday was way over the top.

I do not go to concerts and movies. I do not subject myself to loud noises. On job sites I wear hearing protection. I go to games and wear hearing protection. It's the people who don't know better that the university is harming. Whether They are doing it intentionally or not is beside the point. They are damaging people's hearing and it has got to stop.
    I have tinnitus as well but come on man. A sporting event is a loud environment period. The PA was loud and they are addressing it. If you feel like your ears are being damaged then don’t put yourself in that environment. It’s pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I do not go to concerts and movies. I do not subject myself to loud noises. I wear hearing protection when i cut my grass or use power equipment. On job sites I wear hearing protection. I go to football games and wear hearing protection. It's the people who don't know better that the university is harming. Whether They are doing it intentionally or not is beside the point. They are damaging people's hearing and it has got to stop.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information