Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game day Experience

Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

I am impressed with the changes they are making, although I do not see the crowd being large enough Thursday to make much difference. Two points I got from reading the email:

1. They must have done a Root Cause Anaysis investigation to arrive at this list of action items. That is a good thing, as in the past this would have been brushed aside and an excuse made about "not expecting such a big crowd" or something like that.

2. It looks like someone was reading RP, as some of those action items look as though they came from one of our threads on here.

Now a slight critisism; When I was in the business of mitigating Service Quality and HSE issues, one of the processes I implemented was the introduction of Root Cause Analysis when a "near miss" would occur, and not just the ones involving HSE. We started investigating minor operational issues that could have created lost time. This helped to prevent these issues in our future operations. The consessions issue is not a new problem and has to some extent has happened each time a big crowd showed up for a game. I wish the athetic administration could and or would try to get ahead of some of these issues. No matter how good the action plan is, there are some customers who will not come back.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Will any of the additional drink/beer stations be in the upper deck? Is that what they call the promenade level? I sent an email to the AD’s office last year highlighting that problem, and it was never addressed. They used to have two stations up there, then they reduced to one, before eliminating the one entirely. Funny how one person highlighting their failures last year, which my email made points about signage as well, did nothing to fix their issues, but it took them getting egg on their face to fix things.
    I sit in the upper deck as well. I’ve been having season up there since 93. I didn’t encounter any long lines last year with the very limited social distancing crowds. That may be why the didn’t address it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I am impressed with the changes they are making, although I do not see the crowd being large enough Thursday to make much difference. Two points I got from reading the email:

1. They must have done a Root Cause Anaysis investigation to arrive at this list of action items. That is a good thing, as in the past this would have been brushed aside and an excuse made about "not expecting such a big crowd" or something like that.

2. It looks like someone was reading RP, as some of those action items look as though they came from one of our threads on here.

Now a slight critisism; When I was in the business of mitigating Service Quality and HSE issues, one of the processes I implemented was the introduction of Root Cause Analysis when a "near miss" would occur, and not just the ones involving HSE. We started investigating minor operational issues that could have created lost time. This helped to prevent these issues in our future operations. The consessions issue is not a new problem and has to some extent has happened each time a big crowd showed up for a game. I wish the athetic administration could and or would try to get ahead of some of these issues. No matter how good the action plan is, there are some customers who will not come back.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    That was my point in another thread. You lost about 5,000 fans Saturday with the concession debacle. You won’t have a chance to gain new or casual fans back till next year now.

4. Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

I'm blown away.

Kudo's Dr. M.

5. Default Re: Maggard makes some changes

Nice Dr. M! Thank you! Y’all show up to the game and bring a group of people with you! Geaux Louisiana!

Default Re: Maggard makes some changes

The irony will be that there will be half the crowd due to it being on a rainy Thursday night, so it may seem like overkill. But those are all great changes that I’m glad he’s making.

Cash only to expedite transactions. Boomers rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post

* Adding Dean-O’s and Jambalaya Shoppe as vendors. Converting all vendors to a cash only payment method to expedite transactions.

I like this one alot. Cajun Country cuisine is anything but generic. Having at least those two vendors like a the Tigue helps keep Cajun Field cuisine from being generic. Hopefully there will be a desire for other vendors to participate and be added, but I'm sure such vendors will first want to see if the demand (attendance) is there to warrant their extra efforts and expense.

Nothing we can do about what already happened and saying "too little too late" is counterproductive.

What impresses me is how incredibly thorough this solution is.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Nothing we can do about what already happened and saying "too little too late" is counterproductive.

Right on, but I hope that some of these measures don't get peeled back after a rainy midweek game crowd shows up.

Good job Dr. Maggard and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I like this one alot. Cajun Country cuisine is anything but generic. Having at least those two vendors like a the Tigue helps keep Cajun Field cuisine from being generic. Hopefully there will be a desire for other vendors to participate and be added, but I'm sure such vendors will first want to see if the demand (attendance) is there to warrant their extra efforts and expense.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

Impressed as well. A great plan. Now let's see how well the plan is put in action. I am sure there will be some hiccups as there are always are when things change. I bet there will be a review on Friday on how things went with adjustments made. There may be further adjustments made for the App game on Oct. 12. What I would like to see is some type of communication for these actions to folks not in the RCAF or season ticket holders. Dr. Maggard is scheduled to be on what Scott Prather tomorrow morning. Also, I am sure the Advertiser and Advocate will report these changes. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of time to advertise the changes before the next game. The actions here remind me of how a private business would react when something does not go well. You don't often see that in a government related entity.

Didn't address the lack of RCAF cards.

It's great that they are doing something now, but most of that should have been handled well in advance of game 1. And for that, they have screwed attendance for the remainder of 2021.

The Doctor prescribed the right prescription. While some might say, and probably rightly so, that concessions should not have stumbled on the first game to begin with, you’ve got to give huge kudo’s to Dr M for owning the problem and making good and fast changes.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information