Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game day Experience

Default Re: Maggard makes some changes

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    In really small print, it says "I have directed the PA announcer to stop saying 'and that's another Louisiana...' because we heard its annoying."

It's there, you just have to zoom in, ha
    So, I am kind of curious about that. I mean I think it is great and all, but it does get a bit annoying after the umpteenth time. Wonder if anyone felt the same. But now that there is a sponsor for it I wouldn't think it would be going away anytime soon. And maybe it shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    So, I am kind of curious about that. I mean I think it is great and all, but it does get a bit annoying after the umpteenth time. Wonder if anyone felt the same. But now that there is a sponsor for it I wouldn't think it would be going away anytime soon. And maybe it shouldn't.
    My kids used to enjoy saying it with the announcer at the games. And hell, now even watching on TV in another state, I like saying it ______, and try to get them to as well. The youngest one still will every now and then with me.

Stop being so unAmerican.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    My kids used to enjoy saying it with the announcer at the games. And hell, now even watching on TV in another state, I like saying it ______, and try to get them to as well. The youngest one still will every now and then with me.

Stop being so unAmerican.
    lol...that was pretty much the reaction I got from my people when I broached the subject at the game. And if you ever watched a replay.....well, that's when it becomes very, like obvious.

4. Default Re: Maggard makes some changes

The announcer is the same dude who does radio for 102.1, he’s announced tons of things since the 80’s.

5. Default Re: Maggard makes some changes

You can never have enough "Louisiana First Down" interuptions.

The announcer should not be needed (at all) by this point.

6. Default Re: Maggard makes some changes

It’s 3rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrDOWN!!

7. Default Re: Maggard makes some changes

It’s the new niche to pick up advertisement $$$ with little effort and no cost. It is being used in every sport. Better get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    The announcer is the same dude who does radio for 102.1, he’s announced tons of things since the 80’s.
    Yeah, like others, with me it was not so much the content but the volume.

“That’s Chris smith social distancing from the colonel defense”

Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I like this one alot. Cajun Country cuisine is anything but generic. Having at least those two vendors like a the Tigue helps keep Cajun Field cuisine from being generic. Hopefully there will be a desire for other vendors to participate and be added, but I'm sure such vendors will first want to see if the demand (attendance) is there to warrant their extra efforts and expense.
    +1 Glad to see local vendors added back to the mix. It helps thin out the Sodexho lines, offers better food options and improves in game experience

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    “That’s Chris smith social distancing from the colonel defense”

Lord
    Not gonna lie, I chuckled when he said this

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    In really small print, it says "I have directed the PA announcer to stop saying 'and that's another Louisiana...' because we heard its annoying."

It's there, you just have to zoom in, ha
    All PA announcers should say as little as possible. Nobody is there to listen to them

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I hope you aren't suggesting we get fewer first downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    All PA announcers should say as little as possible. Nobody is there to listen to them
    Thank you. PA announcers beyond middle school should know that their audience is rather knowledgeable and most are neither stupid nor blind, and should refrain from acting like they are radio play-by- play announcers and/or color commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I hope you aren't suggesting we get fewer first downs!
    That would certainly be unAmerican.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information