Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 143

Thread: All he does is win.

  1. #91

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I remember him well. Great QB. Wasn't he a Notre Dame transfer? Who was the great receiver that played with him?
    Yes, he was from St. Aug in New Orleans. Went to Notre Dame, then UL. Receiver IIRC was Dave Oliver.

  2. #92

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Hmmmm, a former UL QB who has seen them ALL play has spoken.
    Slick is the man!

  3. #93
    fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    There has got to be a way to honor Roy Henry...He was "Magic", man...

    Found some old St. Aug video...https://www.facebook.com/23854300960...8608592635820/


  4. Default Re: All he does is win.

    Roy Henry all up in this video.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bPYy0rQaK70


  5. #95
    Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about because if you had seen Roy play, got wouldn't have made that post.
    Roy Henry was a great QB. His greatness was primarily due to the severe amount of pressure that was put on him by the back-up QB at the time!!!! LOL!!!!

  6. #96

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    There has got to be a way to honor Roy Henry...He was "Magic", man...

    Found some old St. Aug video...https://www.facebook.com/23854300960...8608592635820/
    …….I was recruiting NO and St Aug and knew the Catholic district well as I coached at Jesuit 2 years before….I signed Abadie, Lation,Williams, Moseby, and got Roy back from ND….Slick can add some that came later but Gerald Johnson, Ronnie Bo, Cookie, G-Joe Joseph…….I thought the best guy I signed from there was Donald Tibbs outstanding player/lineman in the state…..got a call from Otis Washington and said that he thought it best that he would go to Tenn St because of academic reasons…..saw many a St Aug film at my parents house in NO on recruiting trips

  7. #97

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    He was great, but he was not a beast throwing, he was pretty good.
    Brian Mitchell was better than "pretty good" when it came to passing. His freshman year, he split time with another true freshman, Richard Panell, who was a true drop back passer. Panell was very good and was recruited to be the Payton Manning of our Ragin Cajuns. Mitchell was a horrible passer his freshman year, but could run like the wind. Brian Mitchell was the first true Michael Vick of his time.

    Even though he was a so-so passer, he provided a spark like no other when he was on the field his freshman year. During the off season between his freshman and sophomore year, he worked and honed his passing abilities, plus worked out in the weight room. He was by far the strongest man in the weight room. Coaches had to actually throw him out the weight room because he was a beast that wouldn't quit. He improved so much between his freshman and sophomore year that he won the QB position out right. And the rest is as you say history.

    Panell left after his sophomore year. Not sure where he ended up. He really was a great passing QB but Brian Mitchell was a legend in the making that changed the game.

  8. #98

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Roy Henry was a beast. He played in an era that would be nothing but penalties today. And he also played in front of a full stadium full of both fans and students. Those were great times. Roy Henry is a QB that could actually play in any era. He was that good.


  9. #99

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Brian Mitchell was better than "pretty good" when it came to passing. His freshman year, he split time with another true freshman, Richard Panell, who was a true drop back passer. Panell was very good and was recruited to be the Payton Manning of our Ragin Cajuns. Mitchell was a horrible passer his freshman year, but could run like the wind. Brian Mitchell was the first true Michael Vick of his time.

    Even though he was a so-so passer, he provided a spark like no other when he was on the field his freshman year. During the off season between his freshman and sophomore year, he worked and honed his passing abilities, plus worked out in the weight room. He was by far the strongest man in the weight room. Coaches had to actually throw him out the weight room because he was a beast that wouldn't quit. He improved so much between his freshman and sophomore year that he won the QB position out right. And the rest is as you say history.

    Panell left after his sophomore year. Not sure where he ended up. He really was a great passing QB but Brian Mitchell was a legend in the making that changed the game.
    Richard panell had a great game vs Oklahoma state. He would tuck it and run and gave their defense fits

  10. #100

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Brian Mitchell was better than "pretty good" when it came to passing. His freshman year, he split time with another true freshman, Richard Panell, who was a true drop back passer. Panell was very good and was recruited to be the Payton Manning of our Ragin Cajuns. Mitchell was a horrible passer his freshman year, but could run like the wind. Brian Mitchell was the first true Michael Vick of his time.

    Even though he was a so-so passer, he provided a spark like no other when he was on the field his freshman year. During the off season between his freshman and sophomore year, he worked and honed his passing abilities, plus worked out in the weight room. He was by far the strongest man in the weight room. Coaches had to actually throw him out the weight room because he was a beast that wouldn't quit. He improved so much between his freshman and sophomore year that he won the QB position out right. And the rest is as you say history.

    Panell left after his sophomore year. Not sure where he ended up. He really was a great passing QB but Brian Mitchell was a legend in the making that changed the game.
    Didn't he shred his knee? I remember him not being able to play afterwards

  11. #101
    fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …….I was recruiting NO and St Aug and knew the Catholic district well as I coached at Jesuit 2 years before….I signed Abadie, Lation,Williams, Moseby, and got Roy back from ND….Slick can add some that came later but Gerald Johnson, Ronnie Bo, Cookie, G-Joe Joseph…….I thought the best guy I signed from there was Donald Tibbs outstanding player/lineman in the state…..got a call from Otis Washington and said that he thought it best that he would go to Tenn St because of academic reasons…..saw many a St Aug film at my parents house in NO on recruiting trips
    Boom, what about Ron Irving?

  12. #102

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Roy Henry was a great QB. His greatness was primarily due to the severe amount of pressure that was put on him by the back-up QB at the time!!!! LOL!!!!
    He told me a few years ago that he had to keep up with me during class time with Zeno. He knew I had studied the gameplan and knew what Coach wanted to hear. I couldn't hold a candle to his physical skills/ability. I could hand-off with the best of them! LOL!

    IMO, he was easily the most gifted QB this university every had. I know that sounds like just an old teammate taking up for his era, but Roy was special. I was going to hold off, but I'll add more in a new post below.

  13. #103

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Agree on Henry. Amazing passer, cool under pressure. Understand why ND signed him.


  14. Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Brian Mitchell was better than "pretty good" when it came to passing. His freshman year, he split time with another true freshman, Richard Panell, who was a true drop back passer. Panell was very good and was recruited to be the Payton Manning of our Ragin Cajuns. Mitchell was a horrible passer his freshman year, but could run like the wind. Brian Mitchell was the first true Michael Vick of his time.

    Even though he was a so-so passer, he provided a spark like no other when he was on the field his freshman year. During the off season between his freshman and sophomore year, he worked and honed his passing abilities, plus worked out in the weight room. He was by far the strongest man in the weight room. Coaches had to actually throw him out the weight room because he was a beast that wouldn't quit. He improved so much between his freshman and sophomore year that he won the QB position out right. And the rest is as you say history.

    Panell left after his sophomore year. Not sure where he ended up. He really was a great passing QB but Brian Mitchell was a legend in the making that changed the game.
    Brian would have been twice the passer he was, if he wasn't allowed to run.

    He wouldn't have been nearly as productive overall though.

  15. #105

    Default Re: All he does is win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If you think Levi is starting for any other reason than being the best chance to win then this discussion is pointless.
    LL has 2 things going for him. 1. He is a leader. 2. Most times he does not hurt you.

    LL rarely will take control, put the team on his back and make things happen. Coach is staying with what he knows because of #2. Fields will make mistakes. LL still makes way more than he should for being so experienced. I think Fields will be a better QB when he is under center full time.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •