Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Podcast We'reTalkin: Ragin' Cajuns Football vs Ohio Preview

Tickets Podcast We'reTalkin: Ragin' Cajuns Football vs Ohio Preview

Ragin' Cajuns Football vs Ohio Preview

We're Talkin' sat down with Ragin' Cajuns' football fan Dave Amato and talked about the Ragin' Cajuns Football against Nicholls, a look ahead at the game vs Ohio University, looked back at the week that was in the Sun Belt Conference, and the week ahead in the Sun Belt Conference.

The rest of the story
    We're Talkin

Tickets Podcast We're Talkin: Jay Walker talks Cajun and Sun Belt Football, along with a little bourbon

Jay Walker talks Cajun and Sun Belt Football, along with a little bourbon

We're Talkin' sat down with Ragin' Cajuns' football play-by-play guy, Jay Walker and talked about the Ragin' Cajuns Football game against Nicholls and this week's game against Ohio.

The rest of the story
    We're Talkin

Default Re: Podcast We'reTalkin:: Ragin' Cajuns Football vs Ohio Preview

Thanks, guys. I'm loving all of these podcasts about the Cajuns. I've been able to stop relying on local radio for coverage (or lack there of.)

UL Football Re: Podcast We'reTalkin:: Ragin' Cajuns Football vs Ohio Preview

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Thanks, guys. I'm loving all of these podcasts about the Cajuns. I've been able to stop relying on local radio for coverage (or lack there of.)
    Thank you! As long as it is fun, we will keep doing it. In my mind, all of the "Cajuns" podcasts have a place, and I enjoy all of them. It seems like I learn something new every time.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Thank you! As long as it is fun, we will keep doing it. In my mind, all of the "Cajuns" podcasts have a place, and I enjoy all of them. It seems like I learn something new every time.
    Even from me....LOL. I guess you learn what IPA's I am drinking each evening.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Even from me....LOL. I guess you learn what IPA's I am drinking each evening.
    Okay, I guess not as much with you, but I do learn something.

Enjoyed listening. I picked up on the point that the Cajuns should run the ball more even if it requires a little patience. Generally it is a valid point. However, the score at Texas caused us to throw the ball more in the second half than we would have liked. Against Nicholls, the defense the Colonels played was designed to force us to pass as they really stacked the box. I know that type of defense will be what we see going forward. If we are able to break a run against that type of front big plays could result.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Enjoyed listening. I picked up on the point that the Cajuns should run the ball more even if it requires a little patience. Generally it is a valid point. However, the score at Texas caused us to throw the ball more in the second half than we would have liked. Against Nicholls, the defense the Colonels played was designed to force us to pass as they really stacked the box. I know that type of defense will be what we see going forward. If we are able to break a run against that type of front big plays could result.
    Thanks for listening Mike. As far as the Texas game, my only comment is that I thought we abandoned the run too early. We had 29 rushing attempts to 40 passing attempts, overall not a huge descrpensy. The Nicholls game was 31 rushing attempts to 33 passing attempts. Nice balance and I understand both teams stacked the box and forced us to pass the ball more. But in my opinion, we need to find more ways to get our running backs the ball, either swing passes or screens.

Trust me when I say, Billy Napier knows more about football than I ever will. Mine is just a fan's opinion and nothing more.

....we need to find more ways to get our running backs the ball, either swing passes or screens....
    Our RBs have covered up a lot of deficits in our passing game for several years. If they are not taking the rock to the house, you will notice more how defenses are dictating the game to us.

Many times, modern offenses who can't control the game by running will try the cute route of dink and dunk passing as a means of "trying to open things up". It usually fails.

The way out of this mess is to find an NFL RB or find a vertical passing game, and I don't mean 50/50 balls like in Hudball. I'm talking about a legitimate passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Our RBs have covered up a lot of deficits in our passing game for several years. If they are not taking the rock to the house, you will notice more how defenses are dictating the game to us.

Many times, modern offenses who can't control the game by running will try the cute route of dink and dunk passing as a means of "trying to open things up". It usually fails.

The way out of this mess is to find an NFL RB or find a vertical passing game, and I don't mean 50/50 balls like in Hudball. I'm talking about a legitimate passing game.
    I think San Fransico, Green Bay, and last season Tampa would disagree with you. But again, what do I know.

Thanks for listening Mike. As far as the Texas game, my only comment is that I thought we abandoned the run too early. We had 29 rushing attempts to 40 passing attempts, overall not a huge descrpensy. The Nicholls game was 31 rushing attempts to 33 passing attempts. Nice balance and I understand both teams stacked the box and forced us to pass the ball more. But in my opinion, we need to find more ways to get our running backs the ball, either swing passes or screens.

Trust me when I say, Billy Napier knows more about football than I ever will. Mine is just a fan's opinion and nothing more.
    Same here. I am reluctant to criticize coaching as well as I am not qualified. I know how ignorant most people are about the industry I was in. Therefore I believe it is the same when it comes to athletics. That does not mean I don't have opinions. We all do and that is the fun of sharing them here. Here is one that I agree with Dave somewhat on. The Nicholls game had it's share of disappointments. However when you reflect on things, there were plenty of positives as well. The Number ONE issue we had was stopping Scott from running on us from pressure out of the pocket. I believe that can be fixed once Gardner returns. I also don't think there are many quarterbacks in the country who could have played better than Scott did Saturday night in that regard. I doubt we face anyone as dynamic as he the rest of the way. He also had a great night throwing the ball.

UL Football Re: Podcast We'reTalkin: Ragin' Cajuns Football vs Ohio Preview

I had some fun talking with Russ Eisenstein, the voice of the Ohio University Bobcats, today.

Default Re: Podcast We'reTalkin: Ragin' Cajuns Football vs Ohio Preview

I had some fun talking with Russ Eisenstein, the voice of the Ohio University Bobcats, today.

Nice job "Einstein"!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Nice job "Einstein"!
    You caught that,

Really enjoyed that. Great job. Hope you can get more visiting guests like this!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information