Thread: Cajun Walk

Default Cajun Walk

I’m just curious, why did the Cajun Walk start so close to the stadium? In years past, the buses dropped the players by Bertrand and let them see the fans. This year the buses drove past our tailgating spot and dropped players by the band near baseball. They skipped over half of the tailgating area.

2. Default Re: Cajun Walk

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    I’m just curious, why did the Cajun Walk start so close to the stadium? In years past, the buses dropped the players by Bertrand and let them see the fans. This year the buses drove past our tailgating spot and dropped players by the band near baseball. They skipped over half of the tailgating area.
    It was the right move. Having the players in a more congested area, where bigger crowds were gathering and closer to the stadium made it feel much more of an event. Shrinking the real estate makes people gather to participate. Also don't have to compete with people tailgating.

I thought it was brilliant.

Default Re: Cajun Walk

It kinda messed over all the people who have spots by baseball outfield and track.

Default Re: Cajun Walk

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    It kinda messed over all the people who have spots by baseball outfield and track.
    I had been told in advance that the walk changed so I walked down to where it was going to take place. I’m sure folks by the track or in the out field can leave there spot for a couple minutes, if they are interested in seeing the walk, for future games. I thought it was definitely a better atmosphere for the players.

Thread Information