Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Game Experience: Maggard makes some changes

This is a GREAT IDEA Improved Game Experience: Maggard makes some changes

Well, looks like he is taking a lot of good steps, most of which were posted here. Per an email he sent out at 11:13 tonight:

Starting Thursday night, improvements to our concessions services will include:

* Adjusting credit card machines from a wireless broadband system to ethernet hardlines to avoid cellular interference and greatly enhance the speed of payment transactions.

* Dedicating five additional Sodexo managers from the South Louisiana district to ensure each zone has a dedicated manager throughout the game while providing training to local staff.

* Requesting additional hawkers to enhance in-seat service as well as additional employees with Responsible Vendor cards to assist with beverage service and quality control.

* Implementing Cash Only lanes at every permanent concession stand, with clearly marked signage, to better organize and distinguish payment options and locations.

* Adding newly designed menu boards for ease of product selection at concession stands.

* Adding Dean-O’s and Jambalaya Shoppe as vendors. Converting all vendors to a cash only payment method to expedite transactions.

* Providing free popcorn with any fountain drink purchase and $2 domestic draft beer specials - Thursday game only.

* Enhancing grilling stations to reduce time for restocking concession stands with hot products such as burgers and hot dogs.

* Procuring adequate amounts of product to avoid running out of concession items.

* Developing a clear and concise food and beverage map that denotes names and locations of concession stands, outside vendors, and satellite beverage points of sale. Map to be distributed on Athletics social platforms beginning Wednesday for fan use during game.

* Creating a total of seven new water only and beer only stations located throughout main concourses and promenade level that will be cash only to expedite transactions and provide relief to other points of sale locations.

* Adding four ATM machines (six total) to ensure cash access for fans.

* Improving overall stadium electrical power with 200 amp generator support.

I want to thank you again for your support of Ragin’ Cajuns Athletics. Please know we greatly appreciate your patronage and we will continue to strive to provide the level and quality of experience you deserve when attending our sporting events.

Let’s show America what Cajun Nation is all about with another electrifying crowd Thursday night when we host Ohio University on ESPN at 7 pm! Remember…Arrive Early, Wear Red, Be Loud, and Stay Late.

Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

You have to love Dr. Maggard for doing his very best to make UL the best it can be! Let’s do our part as fans and SHOW UP Thursday night!

fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

The man knows how to correct a problem! Well done! Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    You have to love Dr. Maggard for doing his very best to make UL the best it can be! Let’s do our part as fans and SHOW UP Thursday night!
    Absolutely!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

I am impressed with the changes they are making, although I do not see the crowd being large enough Thursday to make much difference. Two points I got from reading the email:

1. They must have done a Root Cause Anaysis investigation to arrive at this list of action items. That is a good thing, as in the past this would have been brushed aside and an excuse made about "not expecting such a big crowd" or something like that.

2. It looks like someone was reading RP, as some of those action items look as though they came from one of our threads on here.

Now a slight critisism; When I was in the business of mitigating Service Quality and HSE issues, one of the processes I implemented was the introduction of Root Cause Analysis when a "near miss" would occur, and not just the ones involving HSE. We started investigating minor operational issues that could have created lost time. This helped to prevent these issues in our future operations. The consessions issue is not a new problem and has to some extent has happened each time a big crowd showed up for a game. I wish the athetic administration could and or would try to get ahead of some of these issues. No matter how good the action plan is, there are some customers who will not come back.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I am impressed with the changes they are making, although I do not see the crowd being large enough Thursday to make much difference. Two points I got from reading the email:

1. They must have done a Root Cause Anaysis investigation to arrive at this list of action items. That is a good thing, as in the past this would have been brushed aside and an excuse made about "not expecting such a big crowd" or something like that.

2. It looks like someone was reading RP, as some of those action items look as though they came from one of our threads on here.

Now a slight critisism; When I was in the business of mitigating Service Quality and HSE issues, one of the processes I implemented was the introduction of Root Cause Analysis when a "near miss" would occur, and not just the ones involving HSE. We started investigating minor operational issues that could have created lost time. This helped to prevent these issues in our future operations. The consessions issue is not a new problem and has to some extent has happened each time a big crowd showed up for a game. I wish the athetic administration could and or would try to get ahead of some of these issues. No matter how good the action plan is, there are some customers who will not come back.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    That was my point in another thread. You lost about 5,000 fans Saturday with the concession debacle. You won’t have a chance to gain new or casual fans back till next year now.

7. Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

I'm blown away.

Kudo's Dr. M.

Default Re: Maggard makes some changes

Nice Dr. M! Thank you! Y’all show up to the game and bring a group of people with you! Geaux Louisiana!

The irony will be that there will be half the crowd due to it being on a rainy Thursday night, so it may seem like overkill. But those are all great changes that I’m glad he’s making.

Cash only to expedite transactions. Boomers rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post

* Adding Dean-Oís and Jambalaya Shoppe as vendors. Converting all vendors to a cash only payment method to expedite transactions.

I like this one alot. Cajun Country cuisine is anything but generic. Having at least those two vendors like a the Tigue helps keep Cajun Field cuisine from being generic. Hopefully there will be a desire for other vendors to participate and be added, but I'm sure such vendors will first want to see if the demand (attendance) is there to warrant their extra efforts and expense.

Nothing we can do about what already happened and saying "too little too late" is counterproductive.

What impresses me is how incredibly thorough this solution is.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Nothing we can do about what already happened and saying "too little too late" is counterproductive.

Right on, but I hope that some of these measures don't get peeled back after a rainy midweek game crowd shows up.

Good job Dr. Maggard and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I like this one alot. Cajun Country cuisine is anything but generic. Having at least those two vendors like a the Tigue helps keep Cajun Field cuisine from being generic. Hopefully there will be a desire for other vendors to participate and be added, but I'm sure such vendors will first want to see if the demand (attendance) is there to warrant their extra efforts and expense.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

Impressed as well. A great plan. Now let's see how well the plan is put in action. I am sure there will be some hiccups as there are always are when things change. I bet there will be a review on Friday on how things went with adjustments made. There may be further adjustments made for the App game on Oct. 12. What I would like to see is some type of communication for these actions to folks not in the RCAF or season ticket holders. Dr. Maggard is scheduled to be on what Scott Prather tomorrow morning. Also, I am sure the Advertiser and Advocate will report these changes. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of time to advertise the changes before the next game. The actions here remind me of how a private business would react when something does not go well. You don't often see that in a government related entity.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information