Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game day Experience

1. Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not concessions, but I and many others have volunteered to stand in the sun all day officiating track meets, where ALL officials are volunteers. We also had several hundred people show up to clean and paint facilities on a couple of occasions back when the U could not afford it. At a couple of conference track meets there was jambalaya donated and cooked on site by volunteers. It ain't that uncommon.
    I've seen you doing all of the above, and that only scratches the surface of all that you've done.

Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    PA volume will be lower on Thursday.
    Thanks. I was planning on bringing ear plugs.

Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    You're the Einstein that stood in line for an hour for popcorn and coke. I go to games for, you know, THE GAME.
    The problem is it would take an hour to buy 1 thing.

Personally I saw the situation and didn’t spend any money inside the stadium. It shouldn’t be that hard to give people money

Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He was on with Scott Prather for a few minutes this morning. He used the word "debacle" to describe the concession issue. From the tone of his voice you could tell he was still "disappointed" with what happened in that regard. He knows the problem was with bandwidth slowing down card transactions. Not sure what they can do about that in four days but that will be a pointed focus now.
    Upstairs I thought the biggest problem was they eliminated 2 beer stand that are on each side of the main concessions, which put all beer buyers in the 2 main concessions lines with the hot dog and pop corn buyers. That created way to long of wait times. Even if he fixes the credit card issues without those 2 extra beer booths you still gonna have long lines.

Someone who thinks they know it all !!! Same person who threw out local vendors for baseball !! ����

6. Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1 View Post
    Someone who thinks they know it all !!! Same person who threw out local vendors for baseball !! ����
    If ya got hate in ya heart, let it out son! Name names.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1 View Post
    Miss that fried fish.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If ya got hate in ya heart, let it out son! Name names.

Amen!! 2 posts.. anyone else smell a rat?

I trust Dr. Maggard to fix this. He is on it, like he is with everything else.

AT&T has brought in a COW (Cell On Wheels) at times in the past to alleviate the bandwidth issue. That’s the quick fix. Something more permanent will have to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    I trust Dr. Maggard to fix this. He is on it, like he is with everything else.

AT&T has brought in a COW (Cell On Wheels) at times in the past to alleviate the bandwidth issue. That’s the quick fix. Something more permanent will have to be done.
    This was done many times during the significant uptick of attendance during the Hud years. When I picked up my phone to check scores Saturday and basically had no mobile data, I knew this was not the case this game.

as far as supply I can see issues this week with issues restocking, I know places in my area of MS that cant get many food items that are normally simple orders. As far as the cell issue the people talking about cell booster stations etc, all of those type of items are in SE Louisiana keeping the cells running in areas like Houma and bayou areas where the towers were destroyed by IDA. So before I go to _____ing to much I'll wait and see what it all looks like once some of the SE Louisiana issues start to be relieved.

12. Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    as far as supply I can see issues this week with issues restocking, I know places in my area of MS that cant get many food items that are normally simple orders. As far as the cell issue the people talking about cell booster stations etc, all of those type of items are in SE Louisiana keeping the cells running in areas like Houma and bayou areas where the towers were destroyed by IDA. So before I go to _____ing to much I'll wait and see what it all looks like once some of the SE Louisiana issues start to be relieved.
    Good perspective to help understand the situation.

13. Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    The problem is it would take an hour to buy 1 thing.

Personally I saw the situation and didn’t spend any money inside the stadium. It shouldn’t be that hard to give people money
    "Why are you making it so hard for me to GIVE you money?"

Head scratcher

Call GDS, they can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Call GDS, they can help.
    Global Data Systems?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information