Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game day Experience

Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

The problem with the RCAF fast pass line was that non-members were jumping in this line knowing that RCAF cards weren't being checked. I've never been asked to show my card.

Since yall are complaining about the PA, let me throw in one other thing. I know this was just an ESPN3 production, not exactly the highest quality level. But the way the PA was drowning out the commentators was ridiculous.

Maybe its my own personal bias because I hate hate hate hate the "And that's another Louisiana...." thing over the PA. 1) We copied it from ULM, they were doing "And that's another Warhawk..." way before we did; 2) It sounds stupid on TV when you can't hear the crowd yelling "first down"; 3) It sounds stupid in general. Sounds like high school amateur hour every time we do something good on offense. End rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Is it not obvious?? The long time fans predict it every time. Game day experience is still bad, maybe the worst it’s been.

Last years problems have only gotten worse. Spend all the time and resources to get a good crowd to the game to support a good program,and the administration fails to support the crowd. People waited in line for 45 min at the concession stands. Not only is it unacceptable, it’s unbelievable. Why wasn’t the beer stand separate from the food stand?? Don’t tell me 25,000 people are too many to handle in a timely manner in a 41,000 seat stadium. You were at Missouri. They seat about 65,000. People must have waited 2 hours over there. (bet not)

This happened at soccer Thursday night as well. Social media push for a record crowd. Cajun rush soccer night. 1 guy working concessions. Got in line score was 0-0 walked out of line and stadium 30 minutes later when the score was 3-0.

Good news, bad news; good news is you don’t have to worry about this the rest of the year.

Bad news is you get one shot the first game of every season to gain fans and y’all screwed it up again. We’ll be right back to our diehard 15,000 fans.

I had my wife and 2 kids at the game. Good news; I’ll be solo the rest of the season.
    Bad news, 3 less butts and probably $50 a game the school could make.

Also PA is obnoxiously loud, music selection is bad, band doesn’t play enough, and fireworks in daylight is a waste of money.

Someone should be in charge of the game day experience. If it’s not you dr. Maggard then it’s someone under you. My advice as one of the diehard fans is, make some drastic changes and heads roll or turn in your badge.

See you Thursday night with 15,000 fans and no lines. CAN’T WAIT.

Signed
    A Lifelong Cajun fan dying inside
    John Dugas is in charge of game day management I do believe.

Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Feed them before the game
    Youre right. Lets get rid of concessions all together. Make sure you eat and drink before the game. I mean.....we're there to watch football, right?

Geezus, this has to be the worst suggestion ever. USL excuses at its finest. Thank God youre not in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    And to pay a company to solve our problems will cost more which will lead back to the countless complaints about concession prices. I still don’t understand the folks that come to the game and live at the concession stands. I get an item before game and maybe another at half time but some people near my seats watch less than half the game b/c they can’t stay seated.
    Did you go to the game???? My fiancee went at halftime and was in line the entire halftime and the entire 3rd quarter! You only need to go 1 time to "live" at the concessions as you put it. We got inside the stadium 45 mins before kickoff, got in line at concessions and missed the first 5 mins of the game. They "lived" at concessions because it takes that long. You dont have time to make multiple trips! If you did, you wouldnt watch any of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Maybe its my own personal bias because I hate hate hate hate the "And that's another Louisiana...." thing over the PA. 1) We copied it from ULM, they were doing "And that's another Warhawk..." way before we did; 2) It sounds stupid on TV when you can't hear the crowd yelling "first down"; 3) It sounds stupid in general. Sounds like high school amateur hour every time we do something good on offense. End rant.
    I agree 100%. That "It's Another ULM (or Louisiana) First Down" works for ULM because they traditionally only make a few first downs per game and fans don't have to hear it but a few times each game!

7. Default Re: Game day Experience

Game day management at UL sucks! No one knows what’s going on, there’s no basic-level customer service skills either. I remember when UL played Tulane in For the Cure Bowl, there was no guidance or direction as to where we could pick up our tickets, the staff were clueless, and all while the box office manager just sat there pretending we weren’t there.

We supposedly have an okay Hospitality program - why not have the students manage game day operations for ticketing and concessions?

Hand ticketing over to Lierfield....

Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    He was right to get out in front of this concession fiasco Saturday night. And, you can bet he also probably got an earful about PA and the rave music...

so what are his next steps, especially considering this is not the first time these issues have come up...

Is it going to be enough this time to just say those issues (as has happened in the past)
    Have been taken care of without explaining how and why it happened as well as the steps he took to fix it...if it can be fixed.
    He was on with Scott Prather for a few minutes this morning. He used the word "debacle" to describe the concession issue. From the tone of his voice you could tell he was still "disappointed" with what happened in that regard. He knows the problem was with bandwidth slowing down card transactions. Not sure what they can do about that in four days but that will be a pointed focus now.

10. Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Since yall are complaining about the PA, let me throw in one other thing. I know this was just an ESPN3 production, not exactly the highest quality level. But the way the PA was drowning out the commentators was ridiculous.

Exclamation point on that.

Dont forget the key difference though, ULM faithful had a question mark (?) on the end of theirs.

11. Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I agree 100%. That "It's Another ULM (or Louisiana) First Down" works for ULM because they traditionally only make a few first downs per game and fans don't have to hear it but a few times each game!
    Hah, beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He was on with Scott Prather for a few minutes this morning. He used the word "debacle" to describe the concession issue. From the tone of his voice you could tell he was still "disappointed" with what happened in that regard. He knows the problem was with bandwidth slowing down card transactions. Not sure what they can do about that in four days but that will be a pointed focus now.
    Cash only registers. If LUS can stand up a bunch of merch tents with fast internet and provide WiFi for all of downtown during Festival International, I don't see what issues they could be having at CF. Maybe it's an issue with their POS vendor? Or maybe Cox sucks that bad (assuming they utilize Cox due to partnership).

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I feel all of your pain I sit on the visitors side every game. The lines were long except the RCAF fast pass line this would be a great time to join the RCAF just saying.
    I joined RCAF. Never got my card in the mail!

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I guess when a university spends as much money as they did on the sound system, they have to use it at almost full volume. It's so loud you cannot even have a conversation with the person next to you. That's too bad. I agree. It needs to be turned down.
    Coffee shops are good for conversation.

15. Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    LUS instead of COX

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information