Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Attendance VS Ohio

Default Re: Attendance VS Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Yeah it's generous, but they go tickets sold. I had 5 unclaimed and I'm sure numerous others are like me
    It is hard to get people to show up for a midweek game… always has been…. App state will have better attendance

17,500 and change was the official attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Close. shof got me. Maybe a few others. I think it was 17,700+.

Lots of factors working against us Threat of rain, Thursday night, ESPN game, bad concessions experience (yes, people will hold on to that criticism.) Bottom line is we have to do better.

On the bright side and in an always welcome jab at Covid Carolina - we had more than their record Friday crowd against Kansas of the Big 12.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Close. shof got me. Maybe a few others. I think it was 17,700+.
    I’m not taking any pride in my prediction. At least on TV it looked closer to 10K. .
    Agree with others that bad weather all week and other factors led to a big drop off. Unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I’m not taking any pride in my prediction. At least on TV it looked closer to 10K. .
    Agree with others that bad weather all week and other factors led to a big drop off. Unfortunate.
    All things considered I understand the drop in attendance. However, I was there and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and a few beers, and a dog or two. I had my choice of lines at the concession stand and the staff was very attentive.

The UL students at the game had a very good time too! I expect they may have made ESPN highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    All things considered I understand the drop in attendance. However, I was there and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and a few beers, and a dog or two. I had my choice of lines at the concession stand and the staff was very attentive.

The UL students at the game had a very good time too! I expect they may have made ESPN highlights.
    Yeah, mad-sick props to the students. Obviously didn't show up like last week, but the came pretty strong.

And loud. Involved. Dare I say obnoxious. Jawing back and forth with the Ohio players. Hadn't seen that in a while. May have laid some of the groundwork for the plethora of unsportsmanlike conduct calls.

We likewise only used 3 of our 5 tickets. Also had a friend with three tickets who was unable to make it.

All in all, better experience that I anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post

Agree with student comments. They were into the game. And please don’t misunderstand my comment on attendance. All things considered it was decent. With much of our normal fans traveling in from outside Lafayette, mid week games really affect our numbers.

The student section has always been a blast. I remember the ESPN 2 game against Kansas State that we won on a field goal. Student section chanted “jayhawk rejects!” *clap clap clap*. What a time

Considering there was a home game less than a week ago, I thought attendance was acceptable. I expected more students, our weekend clock started on Thursday night back in the day...

I agree I did expect more students considering game was on ESPN. Normally student section is pretty packed for national televised games

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I agree I did expect more students considering game was on ESPN. Normally student section is pretty packed for national televised games
    Not much time to market game with only 4 days. Focus was on improving concessions experience. I expect a big push to get people to App game. We need to win the next 2 to have that be successful however. There will be 10 days between the game at South Alabama game and the Appalachian State game. Lots of time to get folks hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Not much time to market game with only 4 days. Focus was on improving concessions experience. I expect a big push to get people to App game. We need to win the next 2 to have that be successful however. There will be 10 days between the game at South Alabama game and the Appalachian State game. Lots of time to get folks hyped.
    This...and for Die Hards and Mr. And Mrs. Casual Fan to get their time off from work approved.
    Take a noon to noon day off...get creative...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We win the next 2 and the Appalachian State game should set a record for the SBC highest attended conference game.

But we shall see if Acadiana’s casual Cajun fans wants to be a part of the electric atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We win the next 2 and the Appalachian State game should set a record for the SBC highest attended conference game.

But we shall see if Acadiana’s casual Cajun fans wants to be a part of the electric atmosphere.
    I agree, and my wishful thinking has them attending!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information