Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Attendance VS Ohio

Default Re: Attendance VS Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We win the next 2 and the Appalachian State game should set a record for the SBC highest attended conference game.

But we shall see if Acadiana’s casual Cajun fans wants to be a part of the electric atmosphere.
    As bad as a Thursday game is, Tuesday is 10x worse. Super difficult for App fans and out of towners to attend.
    Can you imagine the hype if this game was on a Saturday night?

2. Default Re: Attendance VS Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    As bad as a Thursday game is, Tuesday is 10x worse. Super difficult for App fans and out of towners to attend.
    ESPN is desperate for content and they don't care who they have to throw under the bus to get cheap actors.

Just imagine YOU being there...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    ESPN is desperate for content and they don't care who they have to throw under the bus to get cheap actors.
    Stop complaining, it's done, deal with it and make plans to show up...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Bingo!

Every home game that ESPN airs of ours in a midweek is building our national brand. It has helped us tremendously in that regard.

If we want more weekend games to be televised, then we have to show up and be loud on the weeknight games.

If App is 4-1 and the Cajuns are 4-1 it’s a damn event. It’s much more than a game. How can we finally have an Administration and Athletic Director that gets it, but are fan base are a bunch of SLC type fans.

Every home game that ESPN airs of ours in a midweek is building our national brand. It has helped us tremendously in that regard.

If we want more weekend games to be televised, then we have to show up and be loud on the weeknight games.

If App is 4-1 and the Cajuns are 4-1 it’s a damn event. It’s much more than a game. How can we finally have an Administration and Athletic Director that gets it, but are fan base are a bunch of SLC type fans.
    I resemble that remark, signed. "The Fossile"

"If App is 4-1 and the Cajuns are 4-1 it’s a damn event. It’s much more than a game. How can we finally have an Administration and Athletic Director that gets it, but are fan base are a bunch of SLC type fans."

Nailed it. Our fans and community have let down our once in a lifetime Coach, AD, administration, and players. We may never see a group of people like these assembled together at UL ever again. No hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    "If App is 4-1 and the Cajuns are 4-1 it’s a damn event. It’s much more than a game. How can we finally have an Administration and Athletic Director that gets it, but are fan base are a bunch of SLC type fans."

Nailed it. Our fans and community have let down our once in a lifetime Coach, AD, administration, and players. We may never see a group of people like these assembled together at UL ever again. No hyperbole.
    I disagree. This has been gone over time and time again. We are relatively new to this winning and it's not going to change the thoughts and minds of fans in this short of time. We have not even won the Sunbelt (outright) yet. We had a great build up from last season, with a great buzz in the national media, and now losing to Texas, it's gone. It's not coming back instantly, I assure you that. This team has 1 P5 win. Fans are not stupid, they don't want false hope. I don't care how many people on this board want fans to show up, it's not going to happen until there is a real excitement, beating good teams and doing it over and over. You can't falsely manufacture excitement with just food and the promise of a good time. It's 90 % about the team you are going to see. We have won games, we are a good team, but besides people that are loyal to UL, the fringe fans are not that excited at this point. They have to be won over. It hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I disagree. This has been gone over time and time again. We are relatively new to this winning and it's not going to change the thoughts and minds of fans in this short of time. We have not even won the Sunbelt (outright) yet. We had a great build up from last season, with a great buzz in the national media, and now losing to Texas, it's gone. It's not coming back instantly, I assure you that. This team has 1 P5 win. Fans are not stupid, they don't want false hope. I don't care how many people on this board want fans to show up, it's not going to happen until there is a real excitement, beating good teams and doing it over and over. You can't falsely manufacture excitement with just food and the promise of a good time. It's 90 % about the team you are going to see. We have won games, we are a good team, but besides people that are loyal to UL, the fringe fans are not that excited at this point. They have to be won over. It hasn't happened.
    Or people can just come watch a a good football team win a lot of games in a fun tailgating atmosphere. Come out and support a great young coach who is running a program you can be proud of without investigations into covering up rape and sexual assaults. Not a bunch of players getting arrested or fighting at the bars. The people you are talking about are the “to be seen” crowd, they don’t go places bc they enjoy it...they go to be seen there. They will never stick so fork em. If you don’t wanna come out there now for this team and this coach I don't think you ever will. At least go check them out, who knows you might have a good time

11. Default Re: Attendance VS Ohio

Stop complaining, it's done, deal with it and make plans to show up...
    I do not go to weekday football games. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Or people can just come watch a a good football team win a lot of games in a fun tailgating atmosphere. Come out and support a great young coach who is running a program you can be proud of without investigations into covering up rape and sexual assaults. Not a bunch of players getting arrested or fighting at the bars. The people you are talking about are the “to be seen” crowd, they don’t go places bc they enjoy it...they go to be seen there. They will never stick so fork em. If you don’t wanna come out there now for this team and this coach I don't think you ever will. At least go check them out, who knows you might have a good time
    This is like the fourth or fifth reasonable post of the day, it’s early afternoon and we are already over our limit of those type of posts.

Please cease and desist with these types of posts.

I bet they were really close to that against Nicholls.
    Start of Nicholls game and start of second half:

And the Ohio game:

Uh, I will be there.

Uh, I will be there.
    GREAT!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information