Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: In Search of Band Eye Coordination with the PA system

ooh LA La. In Search of Band Eye Coordination with the PA system

Halftime was not good...little to no in game participation. Absent entire 3rd quarter. PA used recorded band music several times....pre game and outside stadium was good.

The singing artist...1x was enough. Second time I thought I was watching America's Got Talent...

Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

In the bands defense, the speakers never caught a f’in breathe to give them a chance to play in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    In the bands defense, the speakers never caught a f’in breathe to give them a chance to play in-game.
    True...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Halftime was not good...little to no in game participation. Absent entire 3rd quarter. PA used recorded band music several times....pre game and outside stadium was good.

The singing artist...1x was enough. Second time I thought I was watching America's Got Talent...
    Speaking of PA announcer, who is he? If there is someone to turn off, it’s him. I find him too loud and obnoxious. I don’t need a PA cheerleader. Our fans are some of the most boring in football

5. Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

Why not put the Band Director in charge of the PA System and give him guidelines as to what you want accomplished during the game, then he or she can coordinate an entire gameday audio experience, that allows everyone to be on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Why not put the Band Director in charge of the PA System and give him guidelines as to what you want accomplished during the game, then he or she can coordinate an entire gameday audio experience, that allows everyone to be on the same page.
    I like this idea.

Put the band director in charge? You’ll get UL Lafayette'd to death.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Agree. The way to loud piped in music has killed the college atmosphere of the band playing in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Agree. The way to loud piped in music has killed the college atmosphere of the band playing in the stands.
    Yall don't understand. This is the atmosphere this staff and players want.

Personally I hate it. I don't know anyone that sits in the stands that loves it. Maybe some drunk students? Or maybe that is just it. Cajun Field on GameDay is the way to give them an experience of The Keg?

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Speaking of PA announcer, who is he? If there is someone to turn off, it’s him. I find him too loud and obnoxious. I don’t need a PA cheerleader. Our fans are some of the most boring in football
    Know why attendance is always a problem? Because of poor fan experience. We get good attendance like last night and concessions are horrible, the band doesn't have a clue and there is no fan interaction throughout the game. Our games are boring, notwithstanding the play on the field. Until UL figures out how to put on a college football game and get a better fan experience at games, UL football will continue to struggle with attendance, regardless of our record or ranking. And that is not even considering the average fan perception of the Sun Belt Conference. Don't we ever learn anything when we play schools like Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Know why attendance is always a problem? Because of poor fan experience. We get good attendance like last night and concessions are horrible, the band doesn't have a clue and there is no fan interaction throughout the game. Our games are boring, notwithstanding the play on the field. Until UL figures out how to put on a college football game and get a better fan experience at games, UL football will continue to struggle with attendance, regardless of our record or ranking. And that is not even considering the average fan perception of the Sun Belt Conference. Don't we ever learn anything when we play schools like Texas?
    I agree with all of this.

Bands all across America are hurting. Bands like sports teams rely on a feeder system. All high school bands were shut down last year due to COVID-19. Most high school band members quit after high school. The result is an entire class, maybe more, of potential band members is basically gone. College band members don't get an extra year of eligibility. So college bands will take a while to recover.

13. Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Put the band director in charge? You’ll get UL Lafayette'd to death.
    "Guidelines"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Guidelines"
    Hire Roarman to be in charge of game day music.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Bands all across America are hurting. Bands like sports teams rely on a feeder system. All high school bands were shut down last year due to COVID-19. Most high school band members quit after high school. The result is an entire class, maybe more, of potential band members is basically gone. College band members don't get an extra year of eligibility. So college bands will take a while to recover.
    Maybe at schools like UL who, despite over 100 years of football have no tradition. Ok Didn't see that at Texas or any of the P5 schools on tv. I think the entire Texas band was larger that the UL contingent of fans at the game.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information