Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: In Search of Band Eye Coordination with the PA system

Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Not Big Tuna. Fast Eddie.
    Gee, that's twice you got it wrong. Fast hasn't done it for quite some time, now. It's Tuna.

And, the band hasn't played ESPN since Brian Taylor left.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    This!!! Our little crowd always ask why they don’t play more Cajun/creole music. Why not take full advantage of our cULture? If I remember correctly that was a big suggestion in the Alden report. Get some zydeco going and get the crowd up on its feet. Seems so simple, and not sure why no one at UL seems to understand that.
    Do you think that playing Zydeco music is going to get the stadium fired up? I just don't think its as big of an attraction as you do and its certainly not going to fire up a bunch of 18-21 year old football players.

3. Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Do you think that playing Zydeco music is going to get the stadium fired up? I just don't think its as big of an attraction as you do and its certainly not going to fire up a bunch of 18-21 year old football players.
    "If the players are paying attention to the music, they are dropping passes and missing tackles."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "If the players are paying attention to the music, they are dropping passes and missing tackles."
    They will do that naturally. Music does add excitement to the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Last year the music selection was great for
    The piped music I must say. I wonder why they changed. There was something for everyone.
    Yep. Last year the music selections were much improved and more fitting for a football game (some metal mixed in)

Saturday we were back to rave music

Our band’s song selections are horrid. There’s nothing original or traditional about the second down Star Wars Kylo Ren music or the monotonous 3rd down jingle. Honestly I think it’s time to put the Aretha Franklin to bed as well.

Band appearance on TV:

They try doing the synchronized pivots from side to side, but none of them are together, some are just so lax. The standards just aren’t there. And don’t get me started on the flag team. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Our band’s song selections are horrid. There’s nothing original or traditional about the second down Star Wars Kylo Ren music or the monotonous 3rd down jingle. Honestly I think it’s time to put the Aretha Franklin to bed as well.

Band appearance on TV:

They try doing the synchronized pivots from side to side, but none of them are together, some are just so lax. The standards just aren’t there. And don’t get me started on the flag team. Good grief.
    Yep, there are a few metabolism issues on the flag team....and a couple of dudes too...not that there Is anything wrong with dat...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I saw several occasions where some of our defensive players were dancing and hyping themselves up to the music.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Gee, that's twice you got it wrong. Fast hasn't done it for quite some time, now. It's Tuna.

Correct on the ESPN. It shows me how many people really don’t know what they are complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Yep, there are a few metabolism issues on the flag team....and a couple of dudes too...not that there Is anything wrong with dat...
    Wasn’t talking about the guys on the team, I say good for them. But for crying out loud they need to be synchronized.

Guess it could be worse, Nicholls cheerleaders were all tatted up and lookin real rough.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Wasn’t talking about the guys on the team, I say good for them. But for crying out loud they need to be synchronized.

Guess it could be worse, Nicholls cheerleaders were all tatted up and lookin real rough.
    Cause people with tattoos are much worse than a bunch of dancing ferries twirling flags. Get out of here man

Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'm not saying kill it...but a mix would be refreshing...
    Try yelling at the players to get off the lawn, too.

13. Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I saw several occasions where some of our defensive players were dancing and hyping themselves up to the music.
    Did you notice the stomp step dance move after every dropped pass on offense?

WOW! I know both of them. I could have sworn that was Fast. Thanks for correcting me.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

WOW! I, of course, know both of them. I could have sworn that was Fast. I didn't realize they sounded that much alike. Thanks for correcting me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information