Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: In Search of Band Eye Coordination with the PA system

Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    He was right to get out in front of this concession fiasco Saturday night. And, you can bet he also probably got an earful about PA and the rave music...

so what are his next steps, especially considering this is not the first time these issues have come up...

Is it going to be enough this time to just say those issues (as has happened in the past)
    Have been taken care of without explaining how and why it happened as well as the steps he took to fix it...if it can be fixed.
    The music is fine, it’s just the volume of the PA announcer. Concessions are 0-2 so far this season. Soccer against LSU was putrid and football.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The music is fine, it’s just the volume of the PA announcer. Concessions are 0-2 so far this season. Soccer against LSU was putrid and football.
    Agree on the music. That was from student surveys of why they attend games. You want them there. You cater to there wants. If they show up like they did Saturday, play whatever makes them happy.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Agree on the music. That was from student surveys of why they attend games. You want them there. You cater to there wants. If they show up like they did Saturday, play whatever makes them happy.
    I'm not saying kill it...but a mix would be refreshing...

I was at the game and I dont remember any "rave" music.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I was at the game and I dont remember any "rave" music.
    Think he meant the hippity hop stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Think he meant the hippity hop stuff
    Baw you old

Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You right...this area is full of Grammy noms and winners. Many went to UL or involved with music department...Have Sweet Cecilia sing the National Anthem, instead of that f'ing rave music, throw in some Sonny Landreth, bring in a zydeco group to work up a halftime show with the POA. But Nooooo...cant think out of the box or spend the $ to do it?...How much did the singing Bob Ross cost? Once was cool, twice was a bore?

At App, they video board Luke Combs and Eric Church with nearly every break....it ain't that difficult to do....(both are former students there)

And please, stop with the fake check/RCAF presentations...so phoney...
    Exactly. Forget her name, but that young lady that sang the national anthem in French was so awesome, and a real crowd favorite. Yet I think she did that only once? But maybe I missed any follow-ups. Why not get her, or someone else, or have a recording of it played a lot more often? Let the people know what we mean when we say cULture.

And boy, did I roll my eyes when that painter guy did a follow-up. Once was ok, but twice was a bit much. And they kept he is saying 'world famous.' Heck, I might be out of step but I had never heard of him before that moment. I guess I was expecting something as fun and well-received as the Asian woman on the trike tossing up all those bowls at the MBB game. He was no where near that performance.

But we disagree with the RCAF presentations....we can't honor these folks often enough, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Me either. The music is skewed towards the young crowd and athletes. It might not be my favorite, but I get it and support that. But maybe through in more oldies for us oldies.

BUT THAT VOLUME!

Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

Not Big Tuna. Fast Eddie.

I guess when a university spends as much money as they did on the sound system, they have to use it at almost full volume. It's so loud you cannot even have a conversation with the person next to you. That's too bad. I agree. It needs to be turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I guess when a university spends as much money as they did on the sound system, they have to use it at almost full volume. It's so loud you cannot even have a conversation with the person next to you. That's too bad. I agree. It needs to be turned down.
    I personally didn’t find the music was too loud. Just the PA.

How does the meme go?

"I don't listen to AC/DC much, but when I do, so do the neighbors."

If Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Rush, and (yes) AC/DC, would we be complaing about the volume?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    How does the meme go?

If Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Rush, and (yes) AC/DC, would we be complaing about the volume?
    Nobody is complaining about the volume of the music. It’s the PA Guy specifically. Add to his obnoxiousness and it’s pretty damn unbearable.

Save UL Football...shoot the PA guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    How does the meme go?

yep. It might make the bleeding ears a little more enjoyable, but still not acceptable. And I agree that you have to scream into the ear of person next to you, just that there can be a conversation. That means its too loud.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information