Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game day Experience

1. What a Downer UL athletic director issues apology over concessions 'issues' at home opener at Cajun Field

“Additionally, some patrons experienced menu item shortages that prevented them from purchasing products of choice. For this, we sincerely apologize, as that is not the level of experience our fans deserve, nor is it the experience we wish to provide.”

2. Default Re: Positives from Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Pre-game outside of the stadium was kicking...loved getting into baseball stadium for a beer and a sit down with my guys. 1st time for me to walk in the place...impressive. Unlike a lot of you guys, I enjoyed the game and sitting with my out of towners who are graduates who haven't been to Lafayette or a UL game is 40 years. We had fun. I also thought the female eye candy sitting in the SEZ near us was exceptional. Also liked the idea of parking at CajunDome. So did others. Folks were under the trees enjoying a chance to chow on some Popeyes or whatever they could bring.

And the students, liked seeing how they turned out in the first half. There's my positive post for the year....
    Glad you mentioned the CajunDome.

Can someone tell me why they spent the money to add The Table Room inside of the CD, and never use it? What a great way to make money. If folks that park at the CD want to get a beer while they wait, or want to avoid the more crowded tailgating areas, or even better, stay after the game to watch the other CFB games around the country, it's a perfect spot.

We have almost no options for staying around the complex for after the game. Bertrand Legends is about the only place, and they have limited capacity. Why not open The Table Room?

Default Re: Positives from Saturday

Opening the table room is a great idea!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Opening the table room is a great idea!!!!
    Get Bob to work it .. will be the only time he made money for the univ inside the Cajun Dome

5. Default Re: suggestions for game experience

What's nice about a kiosk booth is that as soon as it is unmanned you know they ran out of the item you wanted, no wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Can someone tell me why they spent the money to add The Table Room inside of the CD, and never use it? What a great way to make money. If folks that park at the CD want to get a beer while they wait, or want to avoid the more crowded tailgating areas, or even better, stay after the game to watch the other CFB games around the country, it's a perfect spot.

We have almost no options for staying around the complex for after the game. Bertrand Legends is about the only place, and they have limited capacity. Why not open The Table Room?
    Better yet, open both the table room and the tigue, to capture both the east and west sides of CF.

ETA: I'm thinking that even when the renovation is done at CF, the club areas will all be private, for members only, and not open to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

I've been saying this since they built the room, and I thought that was their intention from the start. Boy, was I wrong! What a waste that has been. You could have it open year round with replays of old Cajun games on a couple of TVs along with live sports. Just don't understand why not.

8. Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Maggard is amazing addressing this head on.

Before Maggard, decades of silence preceded this same duplicate problem year after year.

First game of the season needs to be treated as a loss leader.

No business wants unsold inventory, especially the food industry.

However for the first game they need to over stock and over man, just to see what the potential is.

Once the potential is established they can pull back to a reasonable manageable level.

Problem is now they will have loss leaders all season long trying to wipe away the effects of penny pinching from game one.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I've been saying this since they built the room, and I thought that was their intention from the start. Boy, was I wrong! What a waste that has been. You could have it open year round with replays of old Cajun games on a couple of TVs along with live sports. Just don't understand why not.
    That's probably because it is run by the city and not UL.

Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Maggard is amazing addressing this head on.

Before Maggard, decades of silence preceded this same duplicate problem year after year.

First game of the season needs to be treated as a loss leader.

No business wants unsold inventory, especially the food industry.

However for the first game they need to over stock and over man, just to see what the potential is.

Once the potential is established they can pull back to a reasonable manageable level.

Problem is now they will have loss leaders all season long trying to wipe away the effects of penny pinching from game one.
    As I mentioned in a previous post, I did not visit any concession stand, so I really don't have a dog in this fight. But if they ran out of ANYTHING, especially this Saturday night, that is just unbelievable. Especially since there is another game only five days later on Thursday. That means any unused product could be used within less than a week. Anything that would need refrigeration could be kept for only five days. Who does SODEXO have running that clown show?

11. Default Re: Maggard's Damage Control

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    As I mentioned in a previous post, I did not visit any concession stand, so I really don't have a dog in this fight. But if they ran out of ANYTHING, especially this Saturday night, that is just unbelievable. Especially since there is another game only five days later on Thursday. That means any unused product could be used within less than a week. Anything that would need refrigeration could be kept for only five days. Who does SODEXO have running that clown show?
    Just let the people that run DTA and Festival Int run game day.

Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    If you think people would volunteer to work concessions you are delusional. I don’t know what you all expect, every business in the country has a NOW HIRING sign and can’t get enough employees to come to work. Some of the best run companies in America can’t find workers so you need to cut a bit of slack for the concession crew.

Quick question, how many people on this board have volunteered to work concessions at any UL event at any time? I’ll be waiting....
    Not concessions, but I and many others have volunteered to stand in the sun all day officiating track meets, where ALL officials are volunteers. We also had several hundred people show up to clean and paint facilities on a couple of occasions back when the U could not afford it. At a couple of conference track meets there was jambalaya donated and cooked on site by volunteers. It ain't that uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Youre right. Lets get rid of concessions all together. Make sure you eat and drink before the game. I mean.....we're there to watch football, right?

Geezus, this has to be the worst suggestion ever. USL excuses at its finest. Thank God youre not in charge.
    You're the Einstein that stood in line for an hour for popcorn and coke. I go to games for, you know, THE GAME.

PA volume will be lower on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    PA volume will be lower on Thursday.
    One small step for man, one giant leap to prevent hearing loss.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information