Thread: 2021 Game day Experience

Default Re: suggestions for game experience

Number 4 was for the ladies

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    1- Separate booths for water alone.
    2- More beer booths.
    3- More beer vendors walking up aisles.
    4-For big crowds put more port o lets on ends of stadium.
    5- Put more concession areas on outer side of entrance areas .
    6- Sell player programs.

please add on - all can be done easily

keep winning games
    CC
    #3 will not work if they dont take cash.

Move some of the better tailgate set ups into the stadium.

3. Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I feel all of your pain I sit on the visitors side every game. The lines were long except the RCAF fast pass line this would be a great time to join the RCAF just saying.
    Another good selling point for joining RCAF.

Hmmm the silent phase of RCAF membership is the reason for the long slow lines.

4. Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

Concessions should be a cash cow for the university athletic department

For decades concessions are what has kept the theater industry alive.

Needs to be run by Hospitality Management though.

jmo

Signage is the main thing. Shouldn’t have to wait in a line only to be told they don’t sell certain things at that spot.

6. Default Re: suggestions for game experience

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    Number 4 was for the ladies
    Yep

Ladies need locations 4 to 1 over men.

We live in an area crowded with Grammy nominated and Grammy winners. I don't mind the team warm-up music, I get that..however the rave "music" all the GD time...what are they thinking? Mix it up with our musicians, and I'm not talking just "Cornbread" either...so much good zydeco and cajun music that can rock the house.

PS...loved the dedication to 9/11 and our military..

8. Default Re: suggestions for game experience

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    We live in an area crowded with Grammy nominated and Grammy winners. I don't mind the team warm-up music, I get that..however the rave "music" all the GD time...what are they thinking? Mix it up with our musicians, and I'm not talking just "Cornbread" either...so much good zydeco and cajun music that can rock the house.

1) If players are listening to the music they are dropping passes and missing tackles.

2) Students don't come for the music or stay for the music.

Hospitality Management might as well make Louisiana Saturday Nights the most unique experience in football.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

I wasn’t at the game only watched on TV a second time today and was particularly paying attention to the music/PA.

It did seem weird how the music would stop and start. I agree the band should be the music not from the PA. As far as “rave” music I did hear some songs that are like 20-30 years old like “Jump Around” which isn’t playing to just the young crowd.

I can’t speak to the concessions but it sound horrific. Didn’t they add a bunch in the S end zone? That being said I would have eaten in the lot and only needed a pee break and maybe a few beers, I do understand wives and kids who want food, soda and other stupid things.

Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

I tried the RCAF fast pass line. It was an equally horrible experience. Line was a little shorter, but still didn’t move.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I wasn’t at the game only watched on TV a second time today and was particularly paying attention to the music/PA.

It did seem weird how the music would stop and start. I agree the band should be the music not from the PA. As far as “rave” music I did hear some songs that are like 20-30 years old like “Jump Around” which isn’t playing to just the young crowd.

I can’t speak to the concessions but it sound horrific. Didn’t they add a bunch in the S end zone? That being said I would have eaten in the lot and only needed a pee break and maybe a few beers, I do understand wives and kids who want food, soda and other stupid things.
    In addition to all of these things, and more importantly in IMO, is our failure to get fan interaction in the game. Watch a game at Texas or LSU. The fans are singing The Eyes of Texas or spelling TEXAS or TIGERS with the bands continually playing their fight songs. The entire stadium is in chorus. After great plays or scoring, play the fight song and end it with the fans spelling out C A J U N S. Play some unique songs like Louisiana Saturday Night and other fan favorite Cajun songs. In the absence of these kind of interactive things throughout the game, the fans just sit there and yell briefly following a score or great play. The rest of the time they are bored with the poor selection of music on the speaker or by the band and the lack of coordination of both. And with lackluster play as in the Nichols game, in addition to the concession issue, the initial impression of the avg fan is not good. I am a loyal fan and I am bored at games because of a lack of any interaction to bring us fans into the game experience.

With all of the big time games we have played in packed stadiums and seeing what makes those programs successful and the fans excited to go to games, we have learned nothing.

Create something unique and fan special to make fans want to come out every game. Give them a great experience from concessions to interaction and they will want to come out each week, even on weekday games. Did anyone see the VA Tech game this week. Voted the best fan experience in the country. The stadium was rockin. Indoctrinate the students like at Texas A&M and give them a reason to want to come out each week. Make Cajuns Field THE place to be on game nights fir all of the Acadiana area.

And, while we are at it, change the name of the band to the Pride of Louisiana to reflect the name of the university.

Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Agree with this. John Dugas oversees event management. Is game day experience his responsibility?
    Concessions is probably outside your of his duties

Default Re: Game day Experience

And to pay a company to solve our problems will cost more which will lead back to the countless complaints about concession prices. I still don’t understand the folks that come to the game and live at the concession stands. I get an item before game and maybe another at half time but some people near my seats watch less than half the game b/c they can’t stay seated.

Lower the PA volume. IDK, maybe dial it back -25% from current level? Just test at a lesser level before Thursday. This has been suggested in years past. Should be easy fix.

Default Maggard's Damage Control

He was right to get out in front of this concession fiasco Saturday night. And, you can bet he also probably got an earful about PA and the rave music...

so what are his next steps, especially considering this is not the first time these issues have come up...

Is it going to be enough this time to just say those issues (as has happened in the past)
    Have been taken care of without explaining how and why it happened as well as the steps he took to fix it...if it can be fixed.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information