Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game day Experience

Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Concessions were awful, no doubt, and I'm sure those issues will be fixed by Dr. Maggard, but my question is if there is a 50 deep line why would someone stand there and make it 51 for hot dogs and popcorn? Are you there to eat or watch football?
    I would make many separate stands for water and beer (the essentials)
    This. Was incredibly frustrating to have to wait 30 mins just to get 2 cans of beer. There should be at least one register dedicated to nothing but can beer and bottled water. This go much much quicker than all the food lines. Plus, we only saw the beer guy in the stands once. I think he was the only one. But truly think that the real issue behind all this is the labor shortage. It’s affecting everything everywhere so we can’t expect CF to be any different.

The music wasn’t too loud. It was the play by play guy. I’m 41, not some 80 year old sitting in the stands.

It’s ridiculously loud. We don’t have 100k in the stadium to drown out. You may be right about spreading out the PA speakers. That may help it. But I can tell you for certain it was over 120 decibels out of those speakers.

I didn’t even come close to the concession stands. First time I haven’t drank beer in Cajun field since 09. Do high schools not come volunteer anymore to try and raise funds?

What Boomer said. I could have waited, but the grandkids could not.

If they are saying it is impossible to get people to work consessions, the they need to allow fans to bring on their own unopened water or soft drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    If they are saying it is impossible to get people to work consessions, the they need to allow fans to bring on their own unopened water or soft drinks.
    Agreed. This is the policy at many MLB stadiums I've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Also a big KUDOS to the students for showing up early.
    At least for the first 30 minutes, as usual. Than they left for their watering holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    At least for the first 30 minutes, as usual. Than they left for their watering holes.
    They stick around when the game is interesting. It was like watching paint dry last night.

And the students like the loud music and types of music that was played. So we can’t _____ that they don’t show up and when they do complain inadvertently about what drove them to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The music wasn’t too loud. It was the play by play guy. I’m 41, not some 80 year old sitting in the stands.
    I'm 86, what's with the 80 year old comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Feed them before the game
    More people will probably make that adjustment next game (if they actually show up that is)

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    And the students like the loud music and types of music that was played. So we can’t _____ that they don’t show up and when they do complain inadvertently about what drove them to show up.
    Perhaps, but there needs to be a “compromise”. I haven’t been to CF in a couple seasons but recall how loud it was then. Painfully loud!! Hopefully the new West tower construction allows them to spread the sound around in a more manageable way.

13. Default Re: Game day Experience

If you think people would volunteer to work concessions you are delusional. I don’t know what you all expect, every business in the country has a NOW HIRING sign and can’t get enough employees to come to work. Some of the best run companies in America can’t find workers so you need to cut a bit of slack for the concession crew.

Quick question, how many people on this board have volunteered to work concessions at any UL event at any time? I’ll be waiting....
    Dumb question. How,many have been asked?

14. Default Re: Game day Experience

Mark this as a forever statement.

They didn't come for the music and they didn't stay for the music. This makes the loud music Mr. Irrelevant.

Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

As long as corporations like Sodexo and Aramark run concessions, it's going to be garbage.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information