Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game day Experience

Default Re: Game day Experience

Pretty sure we will not see a crowd that large again the rest of the way. They continue to find ways to make the game day experience sub par. 45 minute wait to get a bottle of water?! Heck, I didn’t even enjoy most of the game last night. If you plan for 12k fans, which is what it looked like they were prepared for, then you will probably be at that number in a game or 2 if they don’t fix this in a hurry.

Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

Good Post. I agree, you want us , don’t make our lives miserable by standing in line so long. PA gets a “F”. He is really BAD. We don’t need a DJ

Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

Didn’t we used to have a professional concessions service for a period during the Hud years? It may have been expensive but it worked smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    We didn’t cook at our tailgate. Thought we’d eat inside the stadium. Didn’t happen.
    Same here. I was very hungry during the game, but not hungry enough to miss most of the game itself

Concessions were awful, no doubt, and I'm sure those issues will be fixed by Dr. Maggard, but my question is if there is a 50 deep line why would someone stand there and make it 51 for hot dogs and popcorn? Are you there to eat or watch football?
    I would make many separate stands for water and beer (the essentials)

6. Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

Once again the best athlete on the field award goes to the band twirler…….I am amazed at her talents …..just the throws up and catch…the spins and catch….the cartwheel and catch…and then one in both hands…..her drop % was better than the visitors!

Still waiting to get my crawfish nachos. They were promoted on the concession list but not served at the concession stand in south end zone.

8. Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Concessions were awful, no doubt, and I'm sure those issues will be fixed by Dr. Maggard, but my question is if there is a 50 deep line why would someone stand there and make it 51 for hot dogs and popcorn? Are you there to eat or watch football?
    ……getting food for kids or grandkids!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……getting food for kids or grandkids!
    Feed them before the game

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy
    Pretty sure we will not see a crowd that large again the rest of the way. They continue to find ways to make the game day experience sub par. 45 minute wait to get a bottle of water?! Heck, I didn’t even enjoy most of the game last night. If you plan for 12k fans, which is what it looked like they were prepared for, then you will probably be at that number in a game or 2 if they don’t fix this in a hurry.
    Know why attendance is always a problem? Because of poor fan experience. We get good attendance like last night and concessions are horrible, the band doesn't have a clue and there is no fan interaction throughout the game. Our games are boring, notwithstanding the play on the field. Until UL figures out how to put on a college football game and get a better fan experience at games, UL football will continue to struggle with attendance, regardless of our record or ranking. And that is not even considering the average fan perception of the Sun Belt Conference. Don't we ever learn anything when we play schools like Texas?

11. Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Let’s be honest here: personnel issues are real.

You can say what you want, but if people are flocking to good jobs, they sure as schat ain’t flocking to serve Nancy and Jim Bob nachos.
    Many would volunteer (after training) if concessions were run by Louisiana.

I doubt that would be the case it it were a for profit business.

12. Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Multiple niche kiosk style stations, plus the main ones if a fan wants varied items for hiser group.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Parking was free at Cajun Dome and only the cajun Dome
    And across Congress st.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Know why attendance is always a problem? Because of poor fan experience. We get good attendance like last night and concessions are horrible, the band doesn't have a clue and there is no fan interaction throughout the game. Our games are boring, notwithstanding the play on the field. Until UL figures out how to put on a college football game and get a better fan experience at games, UL football will continue to struggle with attendance, regardless of our record or ranking. And that is not even considering the average fan perception of the Sun Belt Conference. Don't we ever learn anything when we play schools like Texas?
    Very bad look for the band when they’re playing while a video montage celebrating women’s basketball is playing on the video board. You would think someone with the band can see the video and stop them from playing.

If you think people would volunteer to work concessions you are delusional. I don’t know what you all expect, every business in the country has a NOW HIRING sign and can’t get enough employees to come to work. Some of the best run companies in America can’t find workers so you need to cut a bit of slack for the concession crew.

Quick question, how many people on this board have volunteered to work concessions at any UL event at any time? I’ll be waiting....

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information