Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game day Experience

Default Re: Game day Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Yes for free.

This is f’in bull____.

Edit: they opened “CD” as is Cajundome parking or “CD” as in lots C & D?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Parking was free at Cajun Dome and only the cajun Dome
    There was more free parking than just the Cajun Dome. Across Congress was all free.

The volume was fine, boomers. The concessions however was abysmal! They beg people to go to the games, then give us that crap? If you want 30+ thousand fans at a game, make sure that you dont fail with only 20. My girl went to concessions at the end of 2nd quarter.....didnt return til the beginning of the 4th quarter!!!!! Thats the entire halftime and an entire quarter!!!! Like wtf???? Talk about s__ing the bed! That is unacceptable.

Regarding the music volume is this because of the sound coming from 1 location and has to cover whole stadium vs speakers being spread around stadium?

Is this something that will be addressed in stadium renovations?

Personally I enjoy the bass, but the sound could be turned down a tad. Maybe the players on the field enjoy the music being loud when we sometimes have ____ty crowd involvement. If the band could play more instead of the piped in music, that would also help

The PA was way too loud. Thank God I have Work tunes hearing protection. I listen to Jay on built in radio. At times I felt like I was getting an internal heart massage. That totally unnecessary.

We didn’t cook at our tailgate. Thought we’d eat inside the stadium. Didn’t happen.

Default Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

Is it not obvious?? The long time fans predict it every time. Game day experience is still bad, maybe the worst it’s been.

Last years problems have only gotten worse. Spend all the time and resources to get a good crowd to the game to support a good program,and the administration fails to support the crowd. People waited in line for 45 min at the concession stands. Not only is it unacceptable, it’s unbelievable. Why wasn’t the beer stand separate from the food stand?? Don’t tell me 25,000 people are too many to handle in a timely manner in a 41,000 seat stadium. You were at Missouri. They seat about 65,000. People must have waited 2 hours over there. (bet not)

This happened at soccer Thursday night as well. Social media push for a record crowd. Cajun rush soccer night. 1 guy working concessions. Got in line score was 0-0 walked out of line and stadium 30 minutes later when the score was 3-0.

Good news, bad news; good news is you don’t have to worry about this the rest of the year.

Bad news is you get one shot the first game of every season to gain fans and y’all screwed it up again. We’ll be right back to our diehard 15,000 fans.

I had my wife and 2 kids at the game. Good news; I’ll be solo the rest of the season.
    Bad news, 3 less butts and probably $50 a game the school could make.

Also PA is obnoxiously loud, music selection is bad, band doesn’t play enough, and fireworks in daylight is a waste of money.

Someone should be in charge of the game day experience. If it’s not you dr. Maggard then it’s someone under you. My advice as one of the diehard fans is, make some drastic changes and heads roll or turn in your badge.

See you Thursday night with 15,000 fans and no lines. CAN’T WAIT.

Signed
    A Lifelong Cajun fan dying inside

Default Re: Oh!!! dear Dr. Maggard,

An email sent late Saturday night to Cajun Nation

“Please know we are aware of the unacceptable inefficiencies within our concession services yesterday evening that included infrastructure issues which negatively impacted the speed of transactions, resulting in long lines and congestion causing fans to miss portions of the game. Additionally, some patrons experienced menu item shortages that prevented them from purchasing products of choice.

For this, we sincerely apologize, as that is not the level of experience our fans deserve, nor is it the experience we wish to provide. Rest assured we will be working diligently to resolve both the infrastructure and supply chain issues, as your continued support and positive experience is of utmost importance to us.”

Sincerely,

Bryan Maggard
    VP for Intercollegiate Athletics

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    An email sent late Saturday night to Cajun Nation

“Please know we are aware of the unacceptable inefficiencies within our concession services yesterday evening that included infrastructure issues which negatively impacted the speed of transactions, resulting in long lines and congestion causing fans to miss portions of the game. Additionally, some patrons experienced menu item shortages that prevented them from purchasing products of choice.

For this, we sincerely apologize, as that is not the level of experience our fans deserve, nor is it the experience we wish to provide. Rest assured we will be working diligently to resolve both the infrastructure and supply chain issues, as your continued support and positive experience is of utmost importance to us.”

Sincerely,

Bryan Maggard
    VP for Intercollegiate Athletics
    I think we got the same email from him a couple seasons ago. Nothing changed

Yes. They can do nothing the rest of the season and have no more line issues. They solved that problem.

Last night. Only potential crowd would be app but it’s on a Tuesday. Better luck next year. Someone save his email and send it to him the week before game 1 next year.

No, I think it's a fresh email..."supply chain" wasn't a part of the lexicon till recently...

Saw Dr. Maggard issued an apology for the ____ty concession service. They are trying to use personnel shortage as an issue. They had since December of last year to prepare for one of our biggest home openers in history and they weren't.

Why were there no game programs . I would buy one.
    If concession issue ever fixed school could make more money.
    Agree music too loud.
    Best line from announcer was when he said our rb socially distanced from his tackler.
    Will be there Thursday . Many will not . Hope i am wrong.
    CC

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Saw Dr. Maggard issued an apology for the ____ty concession service. They are trying to use personnel shortage as an issue. They had since December of last year to prepare for one of our biggest home openers in history and they weren't.
    Let’s be honest here: personnel issues are real.

You can say what you want, but if people are flocking to good jobs, they sure as schat ain’t flocking to serve Nancy and Jim Bob nachos.

It’s an easy formula. Bad stadium experience + sub par football = less fans. When you try to convert people into regular fans, you can’t do that. The music/band? Meh, I think a lot can live with that. The concessions? I’m mean, you see the feedback so far. It’s unacceptable especially if you’re basically begging people to come in and you’re still only hovering around 50% of your capacity.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information